JP Morgan Chase to trim 4,000 jobs

JP Morgan Chase to trim 4,000 jobs

There are 9 comments on the Dallas Morning News story from Feb 27, 2013, titled JP Morgan Chase to trim 4,000 jobs. In it, Dallas Morning News reports that:

JPMorgan is trimming about 4,000 jobs, or about 1.5 percent of its work force, becoming the latest big bank to shrink its staff.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Morning News.

waiting on the news from

New York, NY

#1 Feb 27, 2013
ok, so i work for chase and we were all a bit lost when we heard, i hope and pray that its not me, but if it is then i hope it comes with a package.
jjj

Orange Park, FL

#2 Mar 4, 2013
I'm in florida and no one is saying anything.
Lost

Batavia, NY

#3 Mar 11, 2013
I was in Albion and they laid off people who made the most, who was there the longest and the best workers. Oh I am sure it also mattered if the head manager liked you or not.
Waiting

New York, NY

#4 Mar 12, 2013
I currenlty work for Chase in Mortgage Banking and who knows what's going to happen. Some same
we're all going to get laid off some say we're safe, some say if we do get laid off they will place us.....
jjj

Orange Park, FL

#5 Mar 12, 2013
so they have already laid off in new york? was this mortgage banking??
Enlightened

Raleigh, NC

#6 Apr 4, 2013
Ha Ha! They got you to do their dirty work then they give you the boot. I hope the whole company shuts down.

“Here comes the big one!”

Since: Sep 10

Anonymous Proxy

#7 Apr 8, 2013
Hi.
FACEPALM

New York, NY

#9 May 8, 2013
Stop being retarded. They're doing this through attrition. Rather than terminating people, they will not replace unncessary positions once the person quits, mostly in the mortgage sector that are otherwise being offset by decrease in demand for Refinances, and work that is being replaced by convenience online.
Hotrodsduo

La Mesa, CA

#11 May 14, 2013
Unfortunately, attrition will not account for THAT many jobs. People are not leaving at that rate. The recent layoffs evidence this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lost generations 4 hr bac ky d d d lim my 12
News South Allegheny school board member and wife ac... (Sep '13) 5 hr school teacher 204
News Senate Leaders Applaud Passage of Sweeping Pens... Wed entitledhippies 1
News APNewsBreak: IRS says thieves stole tax info fr... Wed Sterkfontein Swar... 3
News U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit Den... Wed wild child 1
ssd solution chemical/black money cleaning (Nov '12) Wed black hawk 52
News Funding teacher pensions at forefront of Quaker... Wed entitledhippies 5
More from around the web