Belfast police raise security to dete...

Belfast police raise security to deter IRA bombers

There are 10 comments on the My Mother Lode story from Nov 26, 2013, titled Belfast police raise security to deter IRA bombers. In it, My Mother Lode reports that:

Northern Ireland's police heightened security Tuesday, deploying roadblocks in Belfast to deter potential car bomb attacks by Irish Republican Army militants, following the first such failed attack on the capital in a decade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at My Mother Lode.

Lol

UK

#2 Nov 28, 2013
Insert *Something Fenian and offensive to Protestants from me*

Cue *Something bigoted and offensive to Catholics from Rock White*

Multiply by infinity.
Sir Fanny Winklebottom

Ireland

#3 Nov 28, 2013
The UVF have been taken off ceasefire and are accused of attempted murder, punishment shootings and put threatening leaflets into peoples homes.

The same UVF that was supposed to have decommissioned and disbanded?

Imagine the little unionist b*tchfest that would be had if the Provisional IRA did the same thing.
Vgilante take the streets

Mosjøen, Norway

#5 Nov 28, 2013
Its time you end this shit you 2 tribes!!!!!!!
George

Wembley, UK

#7 Nov 28, 2013
Vgilante take the streets wrote:
Its time you end this shit you 2 tribes!!!!!!!
Lloyd George should have sent the army to restore order in January 1919 instead of just using police auxiliaries like the wonderful RIC and the heroic Black and Tans.
Liam Adams

Newtownabbey, UK

#8 Nov 28, 2013
Retards can't even make a proper bomb nowadays lol we've got nothing to worry about
Sir Fanny Winklebottom

Ireland

#9 Nov 28, 2013
donkey wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been for years you muppet...
Why aren't they being taken off ceasefire then?
Sir Fanny Winklebottom

Ireland

#10 Nov 28, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Lloyd George should have sent the army to restore order in January 1919 instead of just using police auxiliaries like the wonderful RIC and the heroic Black and Tans.
Ah because the Manchester Regiment amongst others were only police auxiliaries.

Never mind the 20,00 British Army in Ireland during the War of Independence.
Vgilante take the streets

Mosjøen, Norway

#11 Nov 28, 2013
As a Norwegian i damand you to end your troubbles in NI, not only are you an emaressemnt to the West, but mostly to the North Europe as i belong.

Maybe i am wrong, but it seems to me that you only know about your own naigbours and not much about the life oftside NI.'

Sorry to offence you, but NI is only a little peace in the whole world
George

Wembley, UK

#12 Nov 28, 2013
Sir Fanny Winklebottom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah because the Manchester Regiment amongst others were only police auxiliaries.
Never mind the 20,00 British Army in Ireland during the War of Independence.
That's right, the Manchester Regiment were Auxies like the RIC and the Black and Tans.

Lloyd George should have sent the army to enforce partition in 1919.

So glad the UK will no longer exist after 18th September next year!!!
Swedish Facts

Anonymous Proxy

#13 Nov 30, 2013
After the Protestant Reformation in the 1530s, a change led by Martin Luther's Swedish associate Olaus Petri, the authority of the Roman Catholic Church was abolished. The church and state were separated, allowing Lutheranism to prevail. This process was completed by the Uppsala Synod of 1593. Lutheranism became Sweden's official religion. During the era following the Reformation, usually known as the period of Lutheran Orthodoxy, small groups of non-Lutherans, especially Calvinist Dutchmen, the Moravian Church and Walloons or French Huguenots from Belgium, played a significant role in trade and industry, and were quietly tolerated as long as they kept a low religious profile. The Sami originally had their own shamanistic religion, but they converted to Lutheranism by the work of Swedish missionaries in the 17th and 18th centuries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr WasteWater 9,777
News American dream turns to nightmare for undocumen... Mon spytheweb 1
News GB must pay for Stakeknife inquiry - NI minister Mon DSSB 3
News SEO and content strategies (Aug '13) Sun FrankMills 6
News Ganim, unions in concessions stare-down Jun 26 America Gentleman... 1
Loan Offer at (seriously) Jun 26 Bruand 1
News After Orlando, some businesses stress LGBT incl... Jun 26 Lanny 3
More from around the web