Dems bring shutdown talk to Senate highway bill fight

Jul 10, 2014 Full story: The Hill 68

Democrats are rallying around "shutdown" as a new favorite buzzword as the Highway Trust Fund faces a $10 billion shortfall, and the annual bills funding government agencies have stalled.

Full Story

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#44 Jul 13, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush declaring the wars might have had everyone confused.
Can you show us where he declared war moron. Bush as President didn't by pass congress as Obama. Congress and congress only has the power to declare war. You are such a hoot. Keep working on that GED.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#45 Jul 13, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
Going to happen any day.
Tell you what: until that happens, you stop posting and I stop posting when it does?
Except Israel, since Israel has a history of attacking the US...
Yes, you have the same mind set as Clinton did when he let terrorist attack us three times and passed on bin Laden three times. How did that work out for America......

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46 Jul 13, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Can you show us where he declared war moron..
Did he declare a party, ScrotumSniff?

Those 4,500 Americans who died in Iraq: was that a pillow fight?
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#48 Jul 13, 2014
Last year between the federal, state and local governments in one year alone 300 BILLION DOLLARS was spent on transportation. The feds spent 91 BILLION DOLLARS on transportation in 2013 in one year.

WHAT THE FRACK ARE THEY DOING with over 1/4 TRILLION DOLLARS a year.

They even had stimulus money awarded in 2008-2009 under the reinvestment act.

But a quarter of a TRILLION dollars a year is not enough?

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#49 Jul 13, 2014
This is the first time in over a decade that I agree with the Democrats.
They should shut down the federal Government over highway funding. They should stay home, loudly and continuously repeating how strongly they believe in highway funding. Then, come November, they will know if the American people agree that this is an issue they support as well.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#51 Jul 14, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Bin Laden did not attack the US until Bush was on vacation and it was Bush that invited the attack on 9/11 and it was BUSH who was on vacation that he couldn't be bother to cut short because he was busy running a weedwacker to deal with the threat of hijack airliners flying into US landmarks.

Wipe your chins, AuLyingDumbo74... you're leaking mijjjjjizzzzzzzemmmm...
Lie encore.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#52 Jul 14, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie encore.
No one expects anything but from you, ScrotumSniffer.
Eye Dee Kay

Auburn, MA

#53 Jul 14, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one expects anything but from you, ScrotumSniffer.
Im gonna put this idiot's quote right here to expose his extreme hypocrisy....
barefoot2626 wrote:
{click}
Flagged.
Off topic, cross posted, clueless Au Dumbo Spam.
Awww, barelies got slapped again. Cry about it.
Eye Dee Kay

Auburn, MA

#54 Jul 14, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously... and neither could any of your teachers or your mommy nor the guy she said was your dad.
Ahh yes, more off topic, personal attacks from the most immature user on the site who constantly cries about other off topic garbage but has no issue posting the same crap himself
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
{click}
Flagged.
Off topic, cross posted, clueless Au Dumbo Spam.
Hypocrite? Yes.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#55 Jul 14, 2014
Eye Dee Kay wrote:
Awww, barelies got slapped again. Cry about it.
MOMMY! Barefoot2626 keeps smacking the sh!t out of me!

I am getting tired of changing my aliases!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It ain't the way I wanted it!
I can handle things!
I'm smart!
Not like everybody says... like dumb...

I'm smart and I want respect!
Eye Dee Kay

Auburn, MA

#56 Jul 14, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
MOMMY! Barefoot2626 keeps smacking the sh!t out of me!
I am getting tired of changing my aliases!
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
It ain't the way I wanted it!
I can handle things!
I'm smart!
Not like everybody says... like dumb...
I'm smart and I want respect!
Thanks for proving my point. Troll on troll!
foster

Ashburn, VA

#57 Jul 14, 2014
SirPrize wrote:
Why bother with creating a budget if you're not willing to live by it? And, it's not as if the budget is even balanced! We have a record national debt and it keeps growing.
Obama accepted the budget and now wants billions more for this and billions more for that. Meanwhile, his administration gave away over ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS to undeserving folk. That's over $300 for each American man, woman and child. If you have a spouse and one child, that is about a thousand dollars of your tax money frittered away. And now the Democrats want you and your children to cough up another $30 each. It's highway robbery.
Where is $285 bil in Tax Entitlements GOp Voted to add to the deficit listed in the Budget?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#58 Jul 14, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Can you show us where he declared war moron. Bush as President didn't by pass congress as Obama. Congress and congress only has the power to declare war. You are such a hoot. Keep working on that GED.
War Powers Act, look it up, where and on whom did Obama go to war?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#59 Jul 14, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you have the same mind set as Clinton did when he let terrorist attack us three times and passed on bin Laden three times. How did that work out for America......
Bush passed on OBL for 7 years after 9/11 and ignoring yhe direct warning and by passing OBL in Tora Bora
foster

Ashburn, VA

#60 Jul 14, 2014
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
Last year between the federal, state and local governments in one year alone 300 BILLION DOLLARS was spent on transportation. The feds spent 91 BILLION DOLLARS on transportation in 2013 in one year.
WHAT THE FRACK ARE THEY DOING with over 1/4 TRILLION DOLLARS a year.
They even had stimulus money awarded in 2008-2009 under the reinvestment act.
But a quarter of a TRILLION dollars a year is not enough?
The GOP voted to add $300 Bil to the deficit Friday to the benefit of a priviledge few for Tax entitlements for 1%ers. Your rage is misplaced
foster

Ashburn, VA

#61 Jul 14, 2014
SirPrize wrote:
This is the first time in over a decade that I agree with the Democrats.
They should shut down the federal Government over highway funding. They should stay home, loudly and continuously repeating how strongly they believe in highway funding. Then, come November, they will know if the American people agree that this is an issue they support as well.
Shutting off funding kills 700,000 construction jobs. After voting a $285 bil tax entitlement for 1%ers. Someone has to stand with the little guys
Paint

Clemmons, NC

#62 Jul 14, 2014
Lolololol /// lol

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#64 Jul 14, 2014
Eye Dee Kay wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for proving my point. Troll on troll!
I know you are but what am I?

Poor tiny nail...

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#65 Jul 14, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Shutting off funding kills 700,000 construction jobs. After voting a $285 bil tax entitlement for 1%ers. Someone has to stand with the little guys
When you stand among the little guys you feel big. But, you aren't really. You're simply a small-time troll.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#67 Jul 15, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>No one expects anything but from you, ScrotumSniffer.
I win

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman uses fake name, SS number to get hospital... (Aug '10) 3 hr Oliver 15
National real estate organization finalizes pla... 5 hr Jim567 1
Is one of your goals involving personal financi... 5 hr MissAnastasia 1
Daily Technical Strategist on GBPUSD 5 hr FXTechstrategy Team 1
Schumer urges incoming Postmaster to keep Utica... 13 hr Sad Utican 1
California Wants to Allow Illegal Aliens to Com... 14 hr ronnie 3
Business is booming for Oakville Chamber chair Wed buy 1
More from around the web