bio -- bs

As the former director of research for a large oil company, whose expertise is in fuels and lubricants, I was very surprised that President Obama expects algae to supply 17 percent of our fuel requirements in the near future. Full Story
Interested

Estes Park, CO

#1 Mar 5, 2012
Point well taken Betty. Has anything been done regarding the deception by Todd Jirsa and Elkhorn Inc.? Probes? More questions? Authenticating their records and books?
BS METER

Castle Rock, CO

#2 Mar 5, 2012
Roger, your insight is quite incredible and fictitious. The Community Reinvestment Act only stopped red lining by banks so that they had to consider loans by merit and ability to repay a loan rather than by neighborhood.

Roger here is the kicker, show the readers here just one instance of a bank that was forced to make a bad loan, not something you heard about or read on the web something documented and verifiable.

It should be easy if that's what caused the meltdown, but it is not possible, because it's not true and NOBODY else has been able to because it is pure FICTION.
BS METER

Castle Rock, CO

#3 Mar 5, 2012
Mack, your credentials are suspect and bias!

Second I have not heard those percentages about bio-fuel either. Can you document them in one of the Presidents speeches or papers.

Seems that you are not solution driven, but are more for supporting Republican rhetoric.

Some tidbits closer to the truth: http://www.factcheck.org/2011/03/is-obama-to-...

fatalgae

Spring, TX

#4 Mar 5, 2012
DOE BIOMASS PROGRAM AND ALGAE RESEARCHERS NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED!

Solydra story is opening a huge can of worms at the DOE LOAN GURANTEE LOAN PROGRAM. Its not just about the Solar loan guarantee program. Look at all the millions in fees collected by the DOE LOAN GUARANTEE PROGRAM with algae projects less than 20% completed. An audit is being done on all DOE GRANTS to algae researchers and ndividuals from the DOE that are now working in private industry. Very incestuous!

The US taxpayer has spent over $2.5 billion dollars over the last 50 years on algae research. To date, nothing has been commercialized by any algae researcher.

The REAL question is: Does the DOE BIOMASS PROGRAM really want the US off of foreign oil or do they want to continue funding more grants for algae research to keep algae researchers employed at universities for another 50 years?

In business, you are not given 50 years to research anything. The problem is in the Congressional Mandate that says the DOE can only use taxpayer monies on algae research, NOT algae production in the US. So far, algae research has not got the US off of foreign oil for the last 50 years!

A Concerned Taxpayer

ARPA-E halts algae project, citing missed milestones
Jim Lane | February 16, 2012
Share"In Washington, the DOE has halted a research project at Iowa State University funded by ARPA-E to develop biofuel feedstock from an aquatic micro-organism for failing to reach research milestones. About 56% of the $4.4 million grant was used. Politicians against increasing APRA-E funding as proposed by President Obama’s new budget are using it and other halted ARPA-E projects as examples to reject the program."
Prayer

Estes Park, CO

#5 Mar 5, 2012
David,
I can only pray for you when you say there is no creator when "science proves otherwise". Really what is science? Hypothetical guesses, man made observations, theories (evolution). If we evolved from apes how come there are still so many apes? You are so misguided.
Greek God of Jesus

Miami, FL

#6 Mar 6, 2012
Prayer wrote:
David,
I can only pray for you when you say there is no creator when "science proves otherwise". Really what is science? Hypothetical guesses, man made observations, theories (evolution). If we evolved from apes how come there are still so many apes? You are so misguided.
What is Religion? Man-made guesses, observations, and theories about events, such as a person hiding every single species of animal life onto a single boat to avoid a flood. If we all came from Adam and Eve as per the Bible then we'd all be caucasians, but we're not.
Greek God of Jesus

Miami, FL

#7 Mar 6, 2012
BS METER wrote:
Roger, your insight is quite incredible and fictitious. The Community Reinvestment Act only stopped red lining by banks so that they had to consider loans by merit and ability to repay a loan rather than by neighborhood.
Roger here is the kicker, show the readers here just one instance of a bank that was forced to make a bad loan, not something you heard about or read on the web something documented and verifiable.
It should be easy if that's what caused the meltdown, but it is not possible, because it's not true and NOBODY else has been able to because it is pure FICTION.
They weren't forced to make specific bad loans, but they sure as heck were pressured to. When an entity backs you financially, you get pressured to do what they want in a hurry. Uncle Fed says make more loans in a CRA target area, and in exchange you'll be able to bundle these risky loans and sell them to investors to cover the risk premium? Yes, sir! No doubt the Feds wanted more subprime loans to be made, and it's because the general public demanded easier paths to home ownership.

If the Feds got out of the mortgage industry entirely, banks would be demanding 40% down payments and 700+ FICOs. And Joe and Jane Sixpack would be screaming bloody murder that they couldn't pursue the "American Dream" and that something must be done. Homeownership rates would fall dramatically. But no housing bubbles and bank bailouts.
So Sad

Estes Park, CO

#8 Mar 6, 2012
Greek God of Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Religion? Man-made guesses, observations, and theories about events, such as a person hiding every single species of animal life onto a single boat to avoid a flood. If we all came from Adam and Eve as per the Bible then we'd all be caucasians, but we're not.
Who said Adam and Eve were caucasians? Was the garden of Eden in London England? Dude, read the Bible and get with the program. Then you will know that "religion" is not man-made guesses, observations and theories. Or are billions of us wrong and you are right?
Jack in EP

Estes Park, CO

#9 Mar 14, 2012
Dear Jesus Freaks,

There is no science that supports Jesus or any religion related to him (or her). Religion is totally fictitious, like the Greek Gods and other such nonsense invented by primitive peoples.
Evolution is not a theory but fact, supported by millions of fossils and identified specimens in thousands of museums around the world. They are characterized by millions of publications from peer reviewed journals. Since you have wasted so much time going to church and praying to a non entity, you have missed the point that evolution does not mean that one thing turns into another and then becomes extinct. Reptiles evolved into birds over millions of years, yet reptiles did not disappear. Some birds evolved into birds with more specialization and made them more fit to survive. I hate Jesus freaks who did not go to college to get a scientific degree, yet think they know what they are talking about. Such dead ends of evolution allow people like Rick Santorum to share oxygen in our politics. That's de-evolution.
scooter

Cameron, MO

#10 Mar 14, 2012
Jack in EP wrote:
Dear Jesus Freaks,
There is no science that supports Jesus or any religion related to him (or her). Religion is totally fictitious, like the Greek Gods and other such nonsense invented by primitive peoples.
Evolution is not a theory but fact, supported by millions of fossils and identified specimens in thousands of museums around the world. They are characterized by millions of publications from peer reviewed journals. Since you have wasted so much time going to church and praying to a non entity, you have missed the point that evolution does not mean that one thing turns into another and then becomes extinct. Reptiles evolved into birds over millions of years, yet reptiles did not disappear. Some birds evolved into birds with more specialization and made them more fit to survive. I hate Jesus freaks who did not go to college to get a scientific degree, yet think they know what they are talking about. Such dead ends of evolution allow people like Rick Santorum to share oxygen in our politics. That's de-evolution.
you can stick your scientific degree up your ass,fucktard
Interesting

Estes Park, CO

#11 Mar 15, 2012
Jack in EP wrote:
Dear Jesus Freaks,
There is no science that supports Jesus or any religion related to him (or her). Religion is totally fictitious, like the Greek Gods and other such nonsense invented by primitive peoples.
Evolution is not a theory but fact, supported by millions of fossils and identified specimens in thousands of museums around the world. They are characterized by millions of publications from peer reviewed journals. Since you have wasted so much time going to church and praying to a non entity, you have missed the point that evolution does not mean that one thing turns into another and then becomes extinct. Reptiles evolved into birds over millions of years, yet reptiles did not disappear. Some birds evolved into birds with more specialization and made them more fit to survive. I hate Jesus freaks who did not go to college to get a scientific degree, yet think they know what they are talking about. Such dead ends of evolution allow people like Rick Santorum to share oxygen in our politics. That's de-evolution.
So if there is no God (non entity as you say) who created these animals you mentioned? And why did they evolve? So again, someone or something created (hence the word creator) these birds, reptiles, etc. that gave us "fossils and identified specimens in thousands of museums around the world". You can run from God but you can't hide!!!!!!
Interesting

Estes Park, CO

#12 Mar 15, 2012
scooter wrote:
<quoted text>
you can stick your scientific degree up your ****,fucktard
Scooter,
Do not bow to the level of the non-believer. Using foul language certainly gives this guy/gal evidence that we did evolve from a lower being.
BS METER

Broomfield, CO

#13 Mar 31, 2012
Not one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
zoomtrader is a scam (Jun '13) 7 hr Maniac 35
Azerbaijan to introduce German-like pension system Wed Francesco Sinibaldi 1
Fayetteville Mayor: Alderman Danny Bryant or bu... Wed Rebelle 1
2 Blue Island brothers in line for 6 government... (Nov '13) Wed Jack 48
What are my rights when It comes to debt collec... Tue Dave Johnson 2
Liza Horvath: Tips for hiring a good lawyer (Oct '10) Tue celine 3
Arizona Lender Donates Interest Profits to Charity (Aug '13) Tue SandyWilliams 2

Personal Finance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE