Woman's death in reported St. Paul br...

Woman's death in reported St. Paul break-in ruled a homicide

There are 345 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 27, 2010, titled Woman's death in reported St. Paul break-in ruled a homicide. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Heidi Firkus, 25, was fatally shot Sunday during an apparent break-in at the St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Stanleyadams

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Apr 27, 2010
saw this comming
jacques

Stillwater, MN

#2 Apr 27, 2010
looks like ***hole planned this well!
A Lady in St Paul

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Apr 28, 2010
Can ya'll smell the rat too? I think everyone had an inkling this guy was slimy... oh, am I speaking too soon? I wonder if the wife knew if the home was in forclosure... was this a failure the husband couldn't face?
UPSET

Perham, MN

#4 Apr 28, 2010
I hope this b****** gets caught, the truth will come out maybe not now but in time...this guy cannot get away with what he did (I am not even going to give him the time to say maybe he did it) I see right through him without even knowing him. I feel sorry for her family I hope they feel the way the readers do, and get more investigation done. Well he will have to face his maker...

Since: Jan 09

Dugway, UT

#5 Apr 28, 2010
The hubby is going to be arrested here soon.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#6 Apr 28, 2010
I, too, wonder if Heidi knew that they were supposed to be out the next day. There being no sign of packing is an odd thing.
yep

Eden Prairie, MN

#8 Apr 28, 2010
I have to agree with everyone. When I first heard this story on the news and heard the police say there was no sign of forced entry, I thought well then the husband had to have done it. I have met the husband in the past he seemed like a nice guy then, stress makes people do things they wouldn't normally do.
My prayers are with both families!
Pat

Portland, OR

#9 Apr 28, 2010
I'm not saying who did or didn't do this, but the foreclosure wasn't until June. I just don't see many people backing up a month and a half early because they losing their house. If the foreclosure was in May it might have looked fishy to not have packed anything. Maybe the husband did it maybe he didn't but I don't think the lack of boxes is an indication of guilt.
messrs strunkandwhite

Austin, MN

#10 Apr 28, 2010
mara needs to take some english composition classes. this was painful reading.
Are you kidding

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Apr 28, 2010
ZenBirdist wrote:
I, too, wonder if Heidi knew that they were supposed to be out the next day. There being no sign of packing is an odd thing.
I agree 100%. My one hope for her would be that she never
saw it coming. God speed to her family. And justice to him.
Are you kidding

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Apr 28, 2010
Pat wrote:
I'm not saying who did or didn't do this, but the foreclosure wasn't until June. I just don't see many people backing up a month and a half early because they losing their house. If the foreclosure was in May it might have looked fishy to not have packed anything. Maybe the husband did it maybe he didn't but I don't think the lack of boxes is an indication of guilt.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the June they were
referring to in the article was last June. Then this Feb
they took the next step and the sheriff's office started
foreclosure proceedings that would have had them out this
April 26th. That would make this pretty suspicious
and make you wonder if Heidi knew things.
Lulu

Vancouver, WA

#13 Apr 28, 2010
Yes, Mara, the foreclosure sale was June of 2009. The redemption period had expired (and then some) and they were going to be evicted by the sheriff on Monday. So they should have been packed.
observer

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Apr 28, 2010
unlocked door, possible intruder[or guest],tiz a puzzlement!
observer

United States

#14 Apr 28, 2010
If my wife and I ever suspect an intrusion is occuring in our home in the middle of the night, she's staying safely upstairs while I check it out. Mr. Firkus is innocent until proven guilty, but his account just doesn't make sense. Time and the investigation will tell...
Lulu

Vancouver, WA

#16 Apr 28, 2010
Wait, I don't know why I wrote my post to Mara. Was looking at a post above, I guess. I was actually addressing PAT.
Quincy ME

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Apr 28, 2010
"Also Tuesday, police said an autopsy from the Ramsey County medical examiner's office showed Heidi Firkus' cause of death was a gunshot wound and the manner of death was homicide."
Manner of death falls into one of five categories: Natural, accidental, suicide, homicide, undetermined. Homicide simply means killed by another.(as opposed to suicide, killed by oneself) The homicide ruling does not indicate who the killer was.
Bella

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Apr 28, 2010
Let the police do their work. We live in the same Newell Park neighborhood, and sometimes forget to lock our doors at night. It's plausible that an intruder came in through an unlocked door, or picked a flimsy front porch lock. My only hope is that whoever killed the young woman is brought to justice. I would hate to see this go into a cold case file. Hopefully there is enough evidence for the police to figure it out.
WOWW

Manchester, CT

#20 Apr 28, 2010
So my concern lays with the fact she got shot in the back. Ok so saying I follow my husband to the front door where the intruder is and a tussle begins, there are VERY few, again very few reasons why I would turn away from that. You would think that she would be watching or attempting to move forward. Especially in the midst of all things, it's proven people get tunnel vision on the action, I just don't see why she got shot clear in the back. Thinking it's a little odd.
All In

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Apr 28, 2010
LadieGaGa wrote:
Can't they at least arrest him on suspicion of murder or something? Why is he allowed to be free? Next we will hear that he committed suicide.
Need some evidence my dear.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Apr 28, 2010
I usually dont criticize reporters or writers, but declaring this a homicide? Of course its a homicide that was never in question, its just a matter of who shot her, and intruder or her husband..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guarding election integrity 11 hr Rev Cash Dollar 1
News Trivia game app Givling pays $25,000 towards TX... 23 hr ASimoneau 1
News Being aware of fraud is the first step to avoid... Sat KING OF KINGS 7
News Bipolar Disorder and Social Security Disability... Sat KING OF KINGS 20
News Sen. Graham: raise Social Security full retirem... (Feb '11) Sat USA 14
News NYC to Change ID Rules for Transgendered (Nov '06) Aug 18 C Kersey 28
News Pataskala to get rid of chief (Dec '09) Aug 16 Idk1234455 21
More from around the web