Seniors would see smaller Social Security checks under Obama budget due to chained CPI

Apr 10, 2013 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: money.cnn.com

The budget plan, being released Wednesday, calls for changing the way the annual cost of living adjustments for Social Security and other federal programs are calculated.

The budget plan, being released Wednesday, calls for changing the way the annual cost of living adjustments for Social Security and other federal programs are calculated. Shifting to "chained CPI" from the current inflation measure could reduce the federal debt by $230 billion, but it would also mean that seniors would get smaller increases in their Social Security payments each year.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 99 of99
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. so you were one of few who didn't have Bain Capital as an investor, eliminating all the pensions, by giving them to Romney. He made millions soaking up all that pension money. It used to be illegal, but Romney had great lobbyists.
I agree, Romney is scum, which is why I didn't vote for him.
tomuch

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, they were both card carrying members of the Teabaggers.
Liar. Prove it.
tomuch

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You can say it however you want. I earned my military pension; what have you done for our country?
Feeble old people get their social security & medicare for doing nothing other than breathing.
They'll be just fine too.
A cook in the military.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

tomuch wrote:
<quoted text>
A cook in the military.
A cook is nothing to be ashamed of; we needed you to feed the rest of us on the front lines.
tomuch

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
A cook is nothing to be ashamed of; we needed you to feed the rest of us on the front lines.
I know its nothing to be ashamed of. Im sure you did the best with what you had.

Front lines. What front lines? They have cooks on the front lines?

So much for MREs.

Another lie you have created.

You terrorist loving ass.
tomuch

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Still waiting for you to prove the Tea Party was responsible for the Boston bombing.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

tomuch wrote:
<quoted text>
I know its nothing to be ashamed of. Im sure you did the best with what you had.
Front lines. What front lines? They have cooks on the front lines?
So much for MREs.
Another lie you have created.
You terrorist loving ass.
Your childish attempts to insult fail once again.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

tomuch wrote:
Still waiting for you to prove the Tea Party was responsible for the Boston bombing.
Two of their Teabagger members carried out the bombing; what more proof do you need?

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Two of their Teabagger members carried out the bombing; what more proof do you need?
No, to be fair, they were twisted loner criminals, motivated by religious ferver based in Satanic misinterpretation of the holy words of the Prophet.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You can say it however you want. I earned my military pension; what have you done for our country?
Feeble old people get their social security & medicare for doing nothing other than breathing.
I did say what ever I want and at this point it appears you are doing a whole lot of breathing too.
I am the one who helps make your pension check good and all you Obama supporting Democrats should have to live up to the standard the man you love said... you have it too good.
Anyway, all those illegals will be needing benefits (going into the trillions of $) and it would be far fairer to cut your benefits than some 75 year old. It's only fair.

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
"Anyway, all those illegals will be needing benefits (going into the trillions of $) and it would be far fairer to cut your benefits than some 75 year old. It's only fair."
Let me change the last sentence.
It should go:
I'll quote Barack and say: It's the right thing to do.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say what ever I want and at this point it appears you are doing a whole lot of breathing too.
I am the one who helps make your pension check good and all you Obama supporting Democrats should have to live up to the standard the man you love said... you have it too good.
Anyway, all those illegals will be needing benefits (going into the trillions of $) and it would be far fairer to cut your benefits than some 75 year old. It's only fair.
Good luck with that; the retired military lobby is still very powerful with Congress.

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that; the retired military lobby is still very powerful with Congress.
Compared to all those former illegals and seniors...
tomuch

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
tomuch

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, to be fair, they were twisted loner criminals, motivated by religious ferver based in Satanic misinterpretation of the holy words of the Prophet.
You can't bring yourself to call them Islamic terrorists. You are just like your president.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

tomuch wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't bring yourself to call them Islamic terrorists. You are just like your president.
They're Islamic Teabagger terrorists.

Happy now?
tomuch

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
They're Islamic Teabagger terrorists.
Happy now?
Prove it.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

tomuch wrote:
<quoted text>
They are 'Islamic terrorists,' in the same sense that those who attack pregnant women entering abortion clinics are 'Christian Terrorists.'
Because they only mis-identify the twisted individuals with a greater, spiritual tradition terms like this are meaningless.
tomuch

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
They are 'Islamic terrorists,' in the same sense that those who attack pregnant women entering abortion clinics are 'Christian Terrorists.'
Because they only mis-identify the twisted individuals with a greater, spiritual tradition terms like this are meaningless.
They are islamic terrorists. Just like those black terrorists in Detroit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 99 of99
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••