Cuba lifts ban on energy-hogging appl...

Cuba lifts ban on energy-hogging appliances

There are 4 comments on the The Arizona Republic story from May 22, 2013, titled Cuba lifts ban on energy-hogging appliances. In it, The Arizona Republic reports that:

Cuba has authorized individual imports of appliances such as air conditioners, refrigerators and microwave ovens, lifting a ban imposed in 2005 amid a wave of energy shortages and blackouts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Arizona Republic.

Don from Canada

Livingston, NJ

#1 May 22, 2013
Unfortunately Castro's Cuba is an island prison run by a selfish and self serving murderer and ruthless communist dictator it sucks there.
msuniqueeyes

Louisville, KY

#2 May 23, 2013
Don from Canada wrote:
Unfortunately Castro's Cuba is an island prison run by a selfish and self serving murderer and ruthless communist dictator it sucks there.
...I'm sorry I will have to disagree with you Mr.Don from Canada...I am an American my parents grandparents great grandparents ate American... I went to Cuba the first time in 2009... Cuba and Castro are so misunderstood... It's a beautiful island where people live FREE...sure everyone should have the rights to travel anywhere they like as far as their money can take them..the life in Cuba is different less money so you have less things like clothes cars shoes furniture tv's you know material items... But Cuba is Huge on happiness true happiness...the children of Cuba run and play in the street...not sit in the house enjoying their virtual worlds!!! Your house is free... the electric is free... water free... your medical is free... Castro gives each household so much rice each month so much bean so much eggs chicken pork fish if they have it... What more do u need??? The land in Cuba is natural there are fruit trees everywhere... Cuba's streets is not filled with bums or drug addicts...you see no homeless... Every woman man and child has a home... Remember in order to have a hero someone has to be the terrorist!!! I can go on and on... I love Cuba and I go every year...

Since: Mar 14

Ahmedabad, India

#3 Mar 20, 2014
Cuban citizens can now bring up to two such appliances per person into the country for noncommercial purposes.
Cherokee

Newton, NJ

#4 Mar 20, 2014
skyhighenergy wrote:
Cuban citizens can now bring up to two such appliances per person into the country for noncommercial purposes.
In the USA we have no limits!

Totally free to do as we please!

Long live the land of the FREE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jared Kushner 12 hr Mark Rosenkranz 1
News Towns try to weather economic storm (Jan '10) Tue Nancy Guttenberg 2
News Greater Linden development group shuts down aft... Mon jonjedi 3
News Girl who came to U.S. illegally can't get loans (May '10) Sun Dudley 3,237
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) Sun ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 15,823
News A gay man fights for equal rights (Apr '09) Mar 26 Kicked 267
News She thought Trump would deport 'bad hombres.' I... Mar 25 jonjedi 2
More from around the web