Sign-up for Christmas help starts slowly

Nov 4, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Online

Only a handful of applicants turned up for the first day to apply for The Salvation Army's Christmas assistance program.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jackie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

my daughter is a single mom of two boys.she has no income.tryed for dss two mo. still no help.she needs some one to help her.holidays are coming .her boys are 5yr. and 2 yr.
TYESHIA SMITH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

I am a single parent who is in need of Christmas help. I have a two month old daughter named Breanna Shawnese Wade. I'ved been a single parent ever since she was born. I am in need of pampers a size for my infant,and 0-6 month in clothing.If anyone could help us we stay at 5320 N. Lovers Lane Rd. apt 237 Milwaukee WI. 53225
Clara- Polkville nc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

My husband asnd I are unemployed.My husband is a mechanic by trade or forklift operator .I am disabled I have had a light stroke .We need help for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have been turned down by all agencies. I am fighting for disability. My 21 yr old son has cancer and needs some ensures for he cant eat regular food. My husband would love to get a job. If anyone can help us please respond to claradodd@yahoo.com
Bee Brookes

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

I need help this christmas for my two children ages 11 and 17. We had to move last christmas so my children didnt have much of a holiday. I am not looking for a handout will work for. Christmas money. I have excellent office skills, work well with others, I am reliable and friendly, a fast learner. Please if you can help in anyway.
tomica berry

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

hello i am on here because i need help for the hoilday i ama single mother of 2 i have a boy he is eight and my little girl is 6 i have just left there dad that was beatin me and them so i had to start over i have been lookin for a job but no hope i am on here for help so if anyone have a heart please feel free to do so

thank you

tomica
melanie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

My name is melanie I'm a single mother I'm 18 yes I kno I'm young had my child age 17 I'm really need help I'm trying to be the best mother and christmas is right there she need clothes and shoes and right now I have no job.......... her fathers not in her life he is in jail so I'm doing these all by myself.....
melanie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

My name is melanie a single mother 18 years old had my baby girl age 17 her father ran out her life so I'm doin everything by myself... right now I have no job and my baby need clothes and shoes ... and christmas is right there I just see my baby face when she sees the lights she look so happy and I don't want to be the reason to put a frown on her face I love her and that would hurt me the must... I live 800 abby ter 32725 deltona fl
NIANETTE FIELDS

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

HI MY NAME IS NIANETTE FIELDS And I Am a single mother of 5 children ages 16,12, girls and 10,8, AND 6 BOYS. We have been in virginia area for 2 months. It has been really hard for my family Since i am not employed Do to loosing my job. and the home we lived in went into foreclosure. Since weve moved to Virginia 3 months ago.we have no money for anything other than bills. I search the web and also go on foot each day looking for employment and theres still no hope. i have not been able to mprovide them with anything since katrina in louisiana.. I Thank GOD That he has Spared our lives.. I never knew staring over would be so hard. Every penny I get I try to maintain on the bills beacuse i cant allow us to be cold or hungry. My kids are great kids and make awesome grades in school. They work so hard in school and also at home. And they deserve so much. They are deticated and hard working kids who loves and strives for the best at all times. All i want to do is give them a christmas they havent had in 3 years. I hurts so bad knowing deep down inside that i cant not provide for them like i should. i pray if any one out ther that can please help me give them a christmas that they deserve. please help god bless.
VANESSA

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

MY NAME IS VANESSA I HAVE TWO KIDS ONE 14 AND THE OTHER 12 I AM A SINGLE PARENT TOO AND I JUST RAN ACROSS THIS WEBSITE MAYBE NEVER SEE THIS SITE AGAIN BUT I NEED HELP AND REQUEST HELP OF ANYNOE WILLING TO GIVE UNTO A FAMILY LIKE MY OWN I STRUGGLE IN SERVAL AREA'S I SPEND THE LITTLE MONEY I HAVE WISE I DONT RUN TO GET MY HAIR AND NAIL DONE I FEED CLOTHE ETC MY KIDS THE BEST I CAN THIS CHRISTMAS AGAIN THEY WILL RECEIVE NOTHING BUT I PRAY THEIR STILLL GREATFUL FOR LIFE IF YOU READ THIS THIS IS A TRUE STORY AND REAL PEOPLE MY EMAIL IS vantonjt2004@yahoo.com
PO BOX 1855 GREENSBORO NC 27402 help is truely needed thanks vanessa
Carolyn Ohio

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

I doubt this will help but I am Desperate. I am raising three grandkids on my SSI I dont get help for them but trying to. The kids are 3 9 and 12. The 3 yr old has heart problems and is going for open heart surgery the 29th of this month And it is killing me and breaking my heart cause I cant give her or the other 2 a chreistmas. I have tried all the places that help just to be turned away cause I missed the cut off. I called churches and was turned away.Now Im turning to strangers. These kids came with a bag of clothes and no toys what few things they have were gave to them used . Used is fine but just once I would like them to have something new. They didn t ask for there life to go this way. What money I get from my SSI goes for the roof over our heads and food it isnt wasted on smoking drinking,cell phones cable tv ect ect. I dont even pay to be online cause I use my neighbors wireless access and then AOL is free if you bring your own access so I dont waste my money there is NONE to waste. ALl I need is a hand up for a change. PLEASE IK am desperate or I wouldnt be begging a stranger for help
Savannah Georgia

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

I am mother of 3, in need of christmas help. My children all do very well in school nd are really deserving, however I have lost my job and are unable to supply them with christmas this year. I feel so bad because we dont even have a tree. So if theie is any help out there, I am a mom that would be very greatful in receiving it. In addition I would be willing to clean for then help as i am a previous Molly and merry-maid from my area. Right now I am praying that someone
answers the add I have posted on kijiji.com as
this is the only way I will be able to succesfully provide the christmas for Nadiyah 10, Isaac 5, And Tamia 6, thanks and god bless.
Is your business, home or office in need of Holiday Cleaning? I am a previous Molly-Maid and Merry- Maid cleaning professional with over 6 years of cleaning experience. I offer the same professional services for a more affordable fraction of the price; this includes flat rates with no hourly charge. I also furnish all cleaning materials and supplies. So, take a break this Christmas and give me a call for all your cleaning needs at.
divadown06@yahoo.com
Terri Butler

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

I am a mother of the boys,the ages of 15,13, and 10. I recently lost my job on Dec. 5th. So now I have no income, with no support from fathers or anyone. We would be so grateful to get some help during this holiday. This is the first time I haven't been able to provide for my kids, and that hurts so bad, its also depressing. Please help!
Linda Mckinney

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

I am a single parent with four kids.We have little income and I would like to get some help with Christmas gifts for my kids. anyone who can help please email me at huntgirl2005@yahoo.com
Shelly

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

Hi my name is shelly im a single mother of four beautiful children 1boy(9) and three girl 7,5,and 3, im working a part time job as a cashier and we have no car. Im hopeing someone can help me and my children this christmas season,that would be a blessing. Thanks for listening to my story.my address is 747 fern drive delaware ohio 43015, god bless
Michele

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

I am a single mother of a 10 yr old daughter and a 3 yr old boy. I need some help with the holidays this year. I have no income right now due to no jobs where i live. if anyone can help please email me at Michelenkids1@aim.com

Thank you and God Bless!2009
MICHELLE

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

HELLO MY NAME IS MICHELLE I AM WRITING YOU BECAUSE I ASKING FOR YOUR HELP I HAVE 5 KIDS LEWIS IS 12 YEARS OLD , KAYLA IS 11 YEARS OLD , JACOB IS 8 YEARS OLD , TRENT IS 5 YEARS OLD AND MY BABY NOAH IS 2 YEARS OLD IT HAS BEEN HARD THE PAST 2 IN A HALF YEARS FOR US I HAVE BEEN SICK I HAD A BRAIN TUMOR WHEN I WAS PREGNET WITH NOAH IN 2007 I HAD SURGERY AT JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL IN 2008 TO REMOVE IT EVER SINCE THAT I HAVE HAD MANY SURGERYS FOR ALL DIFFERENT THING THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON WITH MY BODY I HAVE TO SEE A SURGAN ON NOV. 10 TH TO SEE ABOUT GETTING MY GALBLATTER OUT YET ANOTHER SURGERY MY KIDS AND I HAVE TO DEAL WITH AND IT IS SO HARD TO DO THINGS I WANT THEIR FATHER LEWIS HAS TO BE THE ONLY PERSON WORKING AND WHEN I NEED TO GO TO ALL MY APPOINTMENT HE TAKES OFF WORK PLUS THIS HAS BEEN OUR HARDEST YEAR EVER WORK HAS BEEN SO SLOW FOR LEWIS WE ARE MAKING ENDS MEAT TO SURVIVE I AM ASKING FOR HELP FOR MY KIDS FOR CHRISTMAS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO I WANT MY KIDS TO HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND I KNOW ME BEING HERE ON THIS BEAUTIFUL EARTH WITH MY KIDS IS ENOUGH BUT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GIVE THEM A GREAT CHRISTMAS BUT I DON'T HAVE MONEY ENOUGH TO DO THAT I WAS WONDERING IF YOU IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM CAN HELP OR NO ANY ONE THAT CAN HELP OUR FAMILY I NEVER ASK ANYONE FOR HELP BUT I AM AT THE POINT THAT I DON;T KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO I LIVE IN THE WRIGHTSVILLE , PA AREA NAYNAY214@AOL.COM
Kathy

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Iam a single mom with three girls. ages 5, 15, 16. I have been laid off since may and have had so luck finding a job.. since may i have lost my home, and two weeks ago i lost my car. There is no money coming in and i dont know what else to do. if anyone could please help give my girls something for christmas morning i would much greatly appreciate it. email me at katandja_family@yahoo.com thanks.
Christy

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

This is my first year of trying to see where to get help at Christmas. I have 4 children. There names are Erica-16,Jaccob-14, Marcus-11,and Desi-9.I just want my children to be happy at Christmas. Im also a singe parent well actually a widow. I just found out that my health is not good right now. I have to have two surgerys, and I have no insurance. So not only don't have a job but my health is not that great. Plus my children are really concerned about my health. So if anyone can help me get through this hard time, Please I would really appreciate what ever you can do for me and my children.It feels really strange to be the one asking for help. Any little thing that someone can do for my children contact me at WHFamily4@charter.net. Thanks so much for takeing time to read this, Mayu GOD bless you.
dave

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

im a single father of 3 daughters and i would love to have a nice christmas i am on a fixed income im disable,if you can please help e-mail me at daveoliven@yahoo.com god bless
meka

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

i lived in the bronx i have two kids ages 16 and 5 im single christmas is coming i have nothing right now my 5yrs daughter want a bed i cant afford nothing right now its hurted bad so if you can help me thanks you very much my emails is mekalove1975@yahoo.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••