Even foreclosures are a tough sell

Even foreclosures are a tough sell

There are 164 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 31, 2007, titled Even foreclosures are a tough sell. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

If home ownership is the American dream, the scene that plays out every week in Room 385 of the Broward County Courthouse is the American nightmare.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
L Ron Hubbard

Miami, FL

#168 Jan 21, 2008
Tug Dagostino wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gawd. This is such a phenomenon. I really can't believe how many people out there take such intellectual pride in forecasting the worst. Let me guess, "Glitch"....the fact that you are a bitter and broke renter doesn't have anything to do with your gloomy predictions does it?
Remember when these idiots were mocking the "doom and gloomers?"

It sure looks like Glitch and other were correct. Have you seen what happend in the European and Asian stock markets today -- events that were largely related to housing bubble?

Tomorrow, the DOW will drop 600+ points.

It's good to be a short.
mrchinup

Las Vegas, NV

#169 Nov 20, 2013
Any of the same posters out here?
Realdeal

Miami, FL

#170 Nov 21, 2013
I'm still here in South Florida, it's still 84 and sunny nearly all the time, the ocean and beach are still great, fishing still good, home prices already up about 30% off their lows, population is growing again, jobs slowly coming back. Lots of new construction cranes again, but this time you gotta be a cash buyer (...someone who can REALLY afford the property, not some mortgageslave/tenant to a bank). Out of area cash buyers are really perking things back up.
Realdeal

Miami, FL

#171 Nov 21, 2013
L Ron Hubbard wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember when these idiots were mocking the "doom and gloomers?"
It sure looks like Glitch and other were correct. Have you seen what happend in the European and Asian stock markets today -- events that were largely related to housing bubble?
Tomorrow, the DOW will drop 600+ points.
It's good to be a short.
2008 was a helluva great time to be a S+P 500 index fund buyer. Thank you, QE. The stock market's bounceback from recession lows made the real estate bounceback look like chickenshit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buffis family friend, retail supervisors testif... 41 min Praxis33 35
Buy a health insurance or not? 5 hr Mathewmiller 1
News Open Our Border, Then Collect Everyone's Phone ... 10 hr wild child 1
News Kerry heads back to US with surgeon for broken ... 11 hr Novus Ordo Seclorum 15
News Supervisors: No evidence of 'theft, embezzlemen... 13 hr Jerry 1
News Wealth and Income Inequality as a Political Iss... 14 hr No kiddin Sherlock 1
Do i need business car insurance 21 hr annalisealtham 1
More from around the web