A look at how the new fiscal plan affects people

Jan 2, 2013 Full story: KOB-TV 13

The deal that saved the country from going over the cliff has a price tag, and everyone who works will be paying for it.

Full Story
Freeman

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2013
hummm very interesting...what's next...

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#2 Jan 3, 2013
In fact it could have been worse. If we had gone over the fiscal cliff, that $50,000 a year family could be looking at $3,500 in tax increases. A mere $1,000 seems merciful, I guess.

{This here comment from the article is what is wrong with us American people...the politicians have got us thinking that we actually have to take what they force upon us...and at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been...sorry...but we all need to get a backbone and start holding them accountable and letting them no...we will NOT settle for "it could have been worse"...WE ARE AMERICANS AND ARE BETTER THAN THAT...AND THE POLITICIANS WORK FOR US...so sorry but this deal...is unacceptable by all of the American people...}

Dread Pirate Roberts

#3 Jan 3, 2013
Freeman wrote:
hummm very interesting...what's next...
Stripping our guns away from us...

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4 Jan 3, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
In fact it could have been worse. If we had gone over the fiscal cliff, that $50,000 a year family could be looking at $3,500 in tax increases. A mere $1,000 seems merciful, I guess.
{This here comment from the article is what is wrong with us American people...the politicians have got us thinking that we actually have to take what they force upon us...and at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been...sorry...but we all need to get a backbone and start holding them accountable and letting them no...we will NOT settle for "it could have been worse"...WE ARE AMERICANS AND ARE BETTER THAN THAT...AND THE POLITICIANS WORK FOR US...so sorry but this deal...is unacceptable by all of the American people...}
Could have - yes. Would have - no. Even the pondscum we have in Congress would have rescinded it, never would have occurred.

What we're faced with now is an unbalanced budget where expenditures exceed income (even with new taxes) and a deficit that is continuing to increase. Then of course the interest on the portion of the deficit that has been 'borrowed".

Dread Pirate Roberts

#5 Jan 3, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Could have - yes. Would have - no. Even the pondscum we have in Congress would have rescinded it, never would have occurred.
What we're faced with now is an unbalanced budget where expenditures exceed income (even with new taxes) and a deficit that is continuing to increase. Then of course the interest on the portion of the deficit that has been 'borrowed".
Which would be fixed if government would leave things alone and let the job create more jobs...the revenue would take care of itself then...{not including government jobs}...
And

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Jan 3, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Which would be fixed if government would leave things alone and let the job create more jobs...the revenue would take care of itself then...{not including government jobs}...
everything will be sweet in candyland. LOL.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#7 Jan 3, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
That worked so well in the 1930s before the daggum government stuck its big nose in. 75 percent of Americans who wanted jobs had them. Why oh why didn't we just leave well enough alone?

That must also be why black men always seem to have the highest unemployment. Before 1861, black unemployment was ZERO!
Hagar

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jan 3, 2013
We need to drain the gene pool in Washington and start over. The current, mostly reelected crop of morons couldn't get anything done, so get rid of them and bring in a fresh batch. The electorate is so dumb the keep reelecting the same buffoons and expect things to get better.
Yep

Santa Fe, NM

#9 Jan 3, 2013
Hagar wrote:
We need to drain the gene pool in Washington and start over. The current, mostly reelected crop of morons couldn't get anything done, so get rid of them and bring in a fresh batch. The electorate is so dumb the keep reelecting the same buffoons and expect things to get better.
the teabaggers and those who have pledged their votes to Norquist are killing the recovery.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#10 Jan 3, 2013
walterfm wrote:
<quoted text>
That worked so well in the 1930s before the daggum government stuck its big nose in. 75 percent of Americans who wanted jobs had them. Why oh why didn't we just leave well enough alone?
That must also be why black men always seem to have the highest unemployment. Before 1861, black unemployment was ZERO!
Another irrelevant comment from Walter! We could all learn something from him......like how to disregard the willfully oblivious!

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#11 Jan 3, 2013
And wrote:
<quoted text>
everything will be sweet in candyland. LOL.
No oh wearer of the TFH - its a starting point that will take time and a lot of hard choices and innovation to resolve. This is just one of may things that can be done to assist.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#12 Jan 3, 2013
Hagar wrote:
We had the opportunity 2 months ago and were not up to the task, nor will we be in the future either I suspect. Something the pondscum are well aware of I suspect too. I would sure be refreshing were it to occur though.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#13 Jan 3, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
the teabaggers and those who have pledged their votes to Norquist are killing the recovery.
TIN FOIL HAT -=ALERT=- posted above.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
zoomtrader is a scam (Jun '13) 6 hr whydoyoucare 41
Former Wash. man sentenced in Social Security case (Jan '14) 14 hr Sunshine Jacqueline 3
ssd solution chemical/black money cleaning (Nov '12) 16 hr Canadian 14
Register to receive food for holiday, Toys for ... (Nov '07) 18 hr johanny 31
Immigrants Social Security eligible in Obama plan 19 hr icthelite 118
Bank of America chief sees economyslowly workin... (May '13) 20 hr fayebryant00 2
Financial Business Review: Discover Wants Some ... (Jul '12) 20 hr dariusrickard 31
More from around the web