What the Gay Marriage News Means for You

What the Gay Marriage News Means for You

There are 4828 comments on the International Herald Tribune story from Feb 23, 2011, titled What the Gay Marriage News Means for You. In it, International Herald Tribune reports that:

On Wednesday, President Obama directed the Justice Department to stop defending the law that bans federal recognition of same-sex marriages.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Herald Tribune.

Frogmann

Masontown, PA

#4784 Nov 18, 2012
youtube.com/watch... ……… FM non Virgin Rant more Money Honey Around

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#4785 Nov 18, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That didn't make a bit of sense. Care to try again?
Of course it didn't. Not to you. Keep trying.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#4786 Nov 18, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you come up with this silly stuff?
The rabid hatred of the President is absurd, even if you disagree with his politics. I can't figure out why you believe he is both a child, and God.
He's just a man, and, in the election, was simply the lesser of two evils. That's how it works in most elections.
Fortunately, with Obama back in office, we can at least expect SOME economy growth over the next four years, some protection for the middle class and business, and decent foreign policy. He has a track record that proves that.
And why in the world would I worry about contracting HIV?
Naivete and Stupidity are closely related. You display that connection very well. I am using a literary device to make a point and you are intentionally ignoring that fact. Won't work, girly. Go fish in your favorite sewer.

Brush your teeth daily and you lessen your chance of contacting HIV.

Keep your mouth shut and it gets even better.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4787 Nov 19, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Maturity also deals with emotion and intellect and not just wrinkled physique, gnarly boy.
And who knows baby cakes, those may be qualities that you will some day master. Today wasn't it.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Keep trying. Right now, you couldn't kill a fly with your pom poms, girly:}
Then it's probably good for me that the pest I am dealing with doesn't have the intellectual and emotional advantages over me as that hypothetical fly.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#4788 Nov 19, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>And who knows baby cakes, those may be qualities that you will some day master. Today wasn't it.
<quoted text>Then it's probably good for me that the pest I am dealing with doesn't have the intellectual and emotional advantages over me as that hypothetical fly.
Insults from a child! How Cute!

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#4789 Nov 19, 2012
oh maybe the christardos on here didn't hear the news... obama won and so did gay marriage.... aaaaawwwhhh what a shame

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4790 Nov 19, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Insults from a child! How Cute!
Childish insults from an alleged adult, how banal. Better luck next time.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#4791 Nov 19, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Childish insults from an alleged adult, how banal. Better luck next time.
Little Ricky, your Cork Gun is empty. Take your little Safari somewhere else. Go bite ankles in the restroom.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4792 Nov 19, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Little Ricky, your Cork Gun is empty. Take your little Safari somewhere else. Go bite ankles in the restroom.
More wishful thinking on your part cupcake. It was your little mind that insisted that I play with it, but I get to decide when my fun has ended. Try coping.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#4793 Nov 19, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>More wishful thinking on your part cupcake. It was your little mind that insisted that I play with it, but I get to decide when my fun has ended. Try coping.
Are you pouting again? Go play with the kitten, kid.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4794 Nov 19, 2012
I don't know about you dumpling, but I'm having a gay old time. Since you have absolutely nothing of substance to discuss, you're basically target practice. Why you would imagine me to be pouting is just odd.

My not playing well with idiots doesn't mean that I don't enjoy playing with them. Especially when they keep asking for it.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#4795 Nov 19, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
I don't know about you dumpling, but I'm having a gay old time. Since you have absolutely nothing of substance to discuss, you're basically target practice. Why you would imagine me to be pouting is just odd.
My not playing well with idiots doesn't mean that I don't enjoy playing with them. Especially when they keep asking for it.
You play with yourself therefore you enjoy playing with idiots.
Nice. Succinct.

What does it mean and who in the hell cares?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4796 Nov 19, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
You play with yourself therefore you enjoy playing with idiots.
Nice. Succinct.
But nowhere near as successful a jibe as you hoped. I play with myself very, very well thank you very much, I'm no idiot. Therefore.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
What does it mean and who in the hell cares?
You keep replying, so evidently you do.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#4797 Nov 19, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>But nowhere near as successful a jibe as you hoped. I play with myself very, very well thank you very much, I'm no idiot. Therefore.
<quoted text>You keep replying, so evidently you do.
Simple minds = simple pleasures = idiots

What does it mean and who in the hell cares?

Keep replying. It reinforce what you are.
soapmann

Masontown, PA

#4798 Nov 20, 2012
youtube.com/watch... ……Old Farts or Young Stinkers? good question?
LinnyC

UK

#4799 Nov 20, 2012
What the gay marriage news means for me...

Pffft, I imagine it means that my gay friends will be able to get married. Good for them.

"Anti-gays's" and homophobes: please tell me exactly how gays being allowed to marry affects your day-to-day life?
99 percent Fools on here

Houston, TX

#4800 Jan 28, 2013
MarleneBomer wrote:
Uh huh... wanna try *another* excuse, sunshine? That was spewed over 40 *years* ago when the bans on interracial marriage were thrown out thanks to Loving v Virginia.
The racists and bigots of that era were bemoaning the belief that our society would crumble and the population would collapse if interracial marriage was legal in all 50 states. Guess what? It didn't happen, and it hasn't happened whatsoever in the states where it's legal now!
...YET...

Since: Feb 10

Floyd, VA

#4802 Mar 18, 2013
Unlike the rest of the heterosexual world,If gays and lesbians has to have a court to grant them the right to marry in order to be accepted and fit in with the rest of the heterosexual society then there is something very wrong about being gay and being a lesbian to begin with.

At one time,interracial couples of the opposite sex was frowned upon and at times still are but the difference in interracial couples and gays couples is that interracial couples are far more acceptable since they are of one man and of one woman.

Now before anyone of you comes back on here and start calling me a homophobic and all like that out of resentment that you may feel after reading my post here,let me be very clear.
I do not have anything against any gay or lesbian person at all,their life is not my life.
As far as I'm concerned,they can do whatever the hell they want to for as ling as they don't try to impose upon me to accept that which I sincerely do not believe to be true about them.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4803 Mar 18, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
Unlike the rest of the heterosexual world,If gays and lesbians has to have a court to grant them the right to marry in order to be accepted and fit in with the rest of the heterosexual society then there is something very wrong about being gay and being a lesbian to begin with.
At one time,interracial couples of the opposite sex was frowned upon and at times still are but the difference in interracial couples and gays couples is that interracial couples are far more acceptable since they are of one man and of one woman.
Now before anyone of you comes back on here and start calling me a homophobic and all like that out of resentment that you may feel after reading my post here,let me be very clear.
I do not have anything against any gay or lesbian person at all,their life is not my life.
As far as I'm concerned,they can do whatever the hell they want to for as ling as they don't try to impose upon me to accept that which I sincerely do not believe to be true about them.
Being accepting of gay marriage will no more be imposed on you than being accepting of interracial marriage was imposed on racists. You can be as hateful and intolerant as you like - that's totally your right.

Won't make a bit of different to gays and lesbians how you feel about them once they have equal rights....

Since: Feb 10

Floyd, VA

#4804 Mar 18, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Being accepting of gay marriage will no more be imposed on you than being accepting of interracial marriage was imposed on racists. You can be as hateful and intolerant as you like - that's totally your right.
Won't make a bit of different to gays and lesbians how you feel about them once they have equal rights....
Evidently you clearly misunderstood me and that is your misfortune.
I have no hate for gays and lesbians at all.
I was simply pointing out the fact how interracial couples of the opposite sex was now more accepted than it use to be than gay couples are.
Interracial couples are accepted far more better than gay couples are for the sole fact that interracial couples are of the opposite sex.
If I was hateful and intolerant towards gays and lesbians then I would have posted something far more repugnant than what you think that I did.
I'm well aware that the gays and lesbians will get their own special way of what they want sooner or later and I don't have a problem with that..
All I'm saying is that it is already accepted for a very long time now that a man and a woman even of different races are more favorable than any gay or lesbian couple will ever hope to be.
Besides the gays and lesbians and their advocates,the rest of the world will never accept them and even so the gays and the lesbians know this.
That is why they want to push the government into granting them special rights of which they are truly not entitled to simply because what they call love is deemed unnatural & immoral by the rest of the world and you don't have to be a religious person or a hateful person to feel that way,its just the way it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 9 hr Nopal 9,782
News N.J. clears way for children of undocumented im... 9 hr wild child 1
News Halton MPP's role as associate minister no long... 23 hr many MPPs not nee... 1
News CPP upgrades not needed by all; those in many p... Wed Poor Old Fooker -... 1
News The view from 'Mr. Subprime Lender' (Mar '07) Tue Mjgurl 18
News American dream turns to nightmare for undocumen... Mon spytheweb 1
News GB must pay for Stakeknife inquiry - NI minister Mon DSSB 3
More from around the web