What the Gay Marriage News Means for You

What the Gay Marriage News Means for You

There are 4830 comments on the International Herald Tribune story from Feb 23, 2011, titled What the Gay Marriage News Means for You. In it, International Herald Tribune reports that:

On Wednesday, President Obama directed the Justice Department to stop defending the law that bans federal recognition of same-sex marriages.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Herald Tribune.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4739 Sep 28, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Compare that with the most natural result of Gay Marriage: Hemorrhoids, sore fingers and baby shopping.
Wow. This is the first I've heard that straight couples don't engage in anal sex, never masturbate or use their hands during sex, and never adopt children.

Can you provide some sort of stats for your claims?

They seem very over the top.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#4740 Sep 28, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. This is the first I've heard that straight couples don't engage in anal sex, never masturbate or use their hands during sex, and never adopt children.
Can you provide some sort of stats for your claims?
They seem very over the top.
I qualified my statement with the term "natural", the expression of which was intended to be a disgusting and cynical. Reading comprehension should be one of your life's goals.

Do you know what 'natural" means? I didn't think so.

As idiots go, you are a natural.
gergiusz

Budapest, Hungary

#4741 Nov 13, 2012

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4742 Nov 13, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I qualified my statement with the term "natural", the expression of which was intended to be a disgusting and cynical. Reading comprehension should be one of your life's goals.
Do you know what 'natural" means? I didn't think so.
As idiots go, you are a natural.
Brilliant, as usual.:)
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4743 Nov 13, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
So the Legislative Branch rightfully makes laws that the Executive Branch can then choose to ignore? I thought Obama swore to uphold the Constitution ... or was that an ad lib placed into the audio on that day?
A US President who chooses to simply ignore laws that he doesn't like! Maybe he'll perform a work stoppage like his Wisconsin buddies did and we won't have to worry about Obama up until the 2012 elections.
You do realize that Obama only used his veto power twice, and that the veto power IS part of the Constitution in the separation of powers clause. Also, if the number of supporters of the bill in the Legislative Branch is large enough, they can override the president's veto. Thus, Obama has not and cannot overstep his bounds as president using his veto power. Fun fact: FDR, one of our greatest presidents, actually used his veto power 635 times, over 300 times the number Obama has used.

The reason for the government inefficiencies is thus the partisan divisions in Congress and their reluctance to compromise, resulting in filibustering and outright rejection of bills. Working together would be much more productive than working against one another as your comment perfectly illustrates.
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4744 Nov 13, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Bomber, dahlink, living a lie is bad enough but when you try imposing it on the rest of humanity, you become a despicable social/political pariah. Stay where you are. It smells each time you lift the lid and crawl out.
Let's consider looking at the issue objectively. You say that gays are imposing homosexuality on the rest of humanity, but there have been no reported cases in which gays have attempted to persuade others to become homosexual. However, there HAVE been countless occurrences of the opposite: one just has to search "gay beating" to find thousands of news articles on such beatings by mobs. In your earlier posts, you used the Constitution to support your points; however, these instances of mob rule are actually condemned in the Bill of Rights, which protects the right of the individual.

Now, I am sure you will insult me and attempt ad hominem arguments, but I really do not mind these attacks. Furthermore, if you will actually look at my points that I have made, you will see that they are all logically and intellectually sound, thus invalidating your future ad hominem attacks. Thank you for reading my thoughts on this matter.

Lapeer, MI

#4745 Nov 13, 2012
thinkingisgood wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that Obama only used his veto power twice, and that the veto power IS part of the Constitution in the separation of powers clause. Also, if the number of supporters of the bill in the Legislative Branch is large enough, they can override the president's veto. Thus, Obama has not and cannot overstep his bounds as president using his veto power. Fun fact: FDR, one of our greatest presidents, actually used his veto power 635 times, over 300 times the number Obama has used.
The reason for the government inefficiencies is thus the partisan divisions in Congress and their reluctance to compromise, resulting in filibustering and outright rejection of bills. Working together would be much more productive than working against one another as your comment perfectly illustrates.
The Boy Messiah has consistently waited for Congressional recesses to make his cabinet appointments of radical Leftists from the 60's knowing full well that Congress would never go along with his choices. He has loudly complained that the US Constitution has no tools for the redistribution of wealth. He has instructed his department heads to ignore select laws passed by Congress. DOMA was one.

The word "Compromise" is bandied about so much today in the Liberal Media Fifth Column. It is an attempt to paint fiscally conservative politicians to look like tightwads blocking America's advancement. Whoever controls the media is in a powerful position to control reality. The compromise ruse is not working with many rational folks.

Compromise cannot happen between reasonable and unreasonable parties. Let's say that you and I are in political battle and I demand that you give me your next 500 paychecks along with your bank account and those of your progeny for the next 5 generations to help the "poor" in America today. Further, you've got jackals from the NY Times Editorial Board nipping at you to compromise so we can get this show on the road.

How can you compromise? Offer to give away only half of your wealth? A portion of future generations wealth, too?

This is a joke. You know it. I know it and the Boy Messiah knows it. Compromise is a baseball bat being held over the heads of hard working taxpayers. It is NOT a nice word.

Lapeer, MI

#4746 Nov 13, 2012
thinkingisgood wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's consider looking at the issue objectively. You say that gays are imposing homosexuality on the rest of humanity, but there have been no reported cases in which gays have attempted to persuade others to become homosexual. However, there HAVE been countless occurrences of the opposite: one just has to search "gay beating" to find thousands of news articles on such beatings by mobs. In your earlier posts, you used the Constitution to support your points; however, these instances of mob rule are actually condemned in the Bill of Rights, which protects the right of the individual.
Now, I am sure you will insult me and attempt ad hominem arguments, but I really do not mind these attacks. Furthermore, if you will actually look at my points that I have made, you will see that they are all logically and intellectually sound, thus invalidating your future ad hominem attacks. Thank you for reading my thoughts on this matter.
"...there have been no reported cases in which gays have attempted to persuade others to become homosexual."?

You have holes in your head along with holes in your arguments. Who hasn't read about gay groups sneaking into grade schools under the auspices of Liberal school teachers and administrators to brainwash children into gay lifestyles? You are a liar. An Objective one, hey? Hee, Hee.

The same is happening in HS.

Another lie is the use of the word "reported". Will the NY Times report the quite teams of child brainwashers slinking around inside of public schools? Not on your life. The reading I've done was in small local newspapers and by word-of-mouth from other parents who were incensed to find out this stuff was happening inside of their schools being done to their children.

Homeschooling is a growing popular option as a result to Liberals perverted indoctrination of kids.

Go lie somewhere else. It won't work here.
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4747 Nov 13, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Boy Messiah has consistently waited for Congressional recesses to make his cabinet appointments of radical Leftists from the 60's knowing full well that Congress would never go along with his choices. He has loudly complained that the US Constitution has no tools for the redistribution of wealth. He has instructed his department heads to ignore select laws passed by Congress. DOMA was one.
The word "Compromise" is bandied about so much today in the Liberal Media Fifth Column. It is an attempt to paint fiscally conservative politicians to look like tightwads blocking America's advancement. Whoever controls the media is in a powerful position to control reality. The compromise ruse is not working with many rational folks.
Compromise cannot happen between reasonable and unreasonable parties. Let's say that you and I are in political battle and I demand that you give me your next 500 paychecks along with your bank account and those of your progeny for the next 5 generations to help the "poor" in America today. Further, you've got jackals from the NY Times Editorial Board nipping at you to compromise so we can get this show on the road.
How can you compromise? Offer to give away only half of your wealth? A portion of future generations wealth, too?
This is a joke. You know it. I know it and the Boy Messiah knows it. Compromise is a baseball bat being held over the heads of hard working taxpayers. It is NOT a nice word.
I am agreeing with you! I'm saying that both parties are unreasonable and have not attempted at compromise. I'm actually quite disillusioned by the extent of the filibustering that has taken place in the last 4 years during President Obama's tenure. Though much of the stubbornness does come from the Democrats, Republicans too do share the blame as shown by their adamant rejection of the 1:10 Compromise. We will see what will happen between these parties in the next fiscal cliff deadline.
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4748 Nov 13, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"...there have been no reported cases in which gays have attempted to persuade others to become homosexual."?
You have holes in your head along with holes in your arguments. Who hasn't read about gay groups sneaking into grade schools under the auspices of Liberal school teachers and administrators to brainwash children into gay lifestyles? You are a liar. An Objective one, hey? Hee, Hee.
The same is happening in HS.
Another lie is the use of the word "reported". Will the NY Times report the quite teams of child brainwashers slinking around inside of public schools? Not on your life. The reading I've done was in small local newspapers and by word-of-mouth from other parents who were incensed to find out this stuff was happening inside of their schools being done to their children.
Homeschooling is a growing popular option as a result to Liberals perverted indoctrination of kids.
Go lie somewhere else. It won't work here.
Oh, so there have been cases where gays have actively beaten heterosexuals in an attempt to "homosexualize" them? Stuff being done to children in schools? Do you mean to the homosexuals? Wait, you think homeschooling is a way to spread homosexuality? I have never heard such an argument. What evidence do you have of this? Perhaps there are some isolated cases of this; however, do the thousands of cases where priests rape young boys mean that the church is meant to spread homosexuality? Of course not; if anything, it often attempts to impose bigotry and intolerance.

Wow, I predicted correctly with the ad hominem arguments :D
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4751 Nov 13, 2012
Ban Stalkers wrote:
<quoted text>Do you lie to yourself on a daily basis? Answer to your first question is yes. Also, over 100 churches in America alone have been fire bombed and burned, on national TV gays actually knocked an 80 year old white woman down and stole her cross. NO, the thousands of cases where gay priests rape young boys mean that the LGBT is meant to spread homosexuality. Smart guy, NAMBLA and the LGBT did try to use the priesthood and they are using elementary schools to spread homosexuality. Open up the NAMBLA playbook, the LGBT has.
Please, show me 3 legitimate articles from CNN or FOX (yes I'm even including the Republican news) that state that a church in America was burned down by gays where the primary motive was to destroy heterosexuality.

The fact of the matter is that these so called "gay priests" were almost all happily married, and I sincerely doubt that all these men had the temerity or the wits to pretend to be straight all throughout the courting and marriage with their wives just to be able to infiltrate the churches.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4752 Nov 13, 2012
Wow, I never realized that heterosexual children were so weak minded that any mention of the concept of homosexuality in their presence could make them forget that they are heterosexual.

Lapeer, MI

#4753 Nov 13, 2012
thinkingisgood wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so there have been cases where gays have actively beaten heterosexuals in an attempt to "homosexualize" them? Stuff being done to children in schools? Do you mean to the homosexuals? Wait, you think homeschooling is a way to spread homosexuality? I have never heard such an argument. What evidence do you have of this? Perhaps there are some isolated cases of this; however, do the thousands of cases where priests rape young boys mean that the church is meant to spread homosexuality? Of course not; if anything, it often attempts to impose bigotry and intolerance.
Wow, I predicted correctly with the ad hominem arguments :D
You are confused. Again.

Each one of your sentences is like something coming out of a damaged automaton spitting out nonsense at a rapid rate. They have little relevance with my last post.

With logic and reason missing from your rants, ad hominem is a great response:}

Lapeer, MI

#4754 Nov 13, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Wow, I never realized that heterosexual children were so weak minded that any mention of the concept of homosexuality in their presence could make them forget that they are heterosexual.
There is much that you don't realize. And much that you don't want to realize. This results from bunker mentalities you apply to all in your sorry life. Calling children weak-minded reflects your problem in this regard.

Adults can use comparative reasoning to come to decisions and conclusions. Life's experience gives adults this ability.

Children, however, have little to no skills using comparative reasoning because, being so young, they have nothing to compare against. This is where liars, sickos and opportunistic animals like you seep in like septic waste from a broken sewer pipe.

Lapeer, MI

#4755 Nov 13, 2012
thinkingisgood wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, show me 3 legitimate articles from CNN or FOX (yes I'm even including the Republican news) that state that a church in America was burned down by gays where the primary motive was to destroy heterosexuality.
The fact of the matter is that these so called "gay priests" were almost all happily married, and I sincerely doubt that all these men had the temerity or the wits to pretend to be straight all throughout the courting and marriage with their wives just to be able to infiltrate the churches.
Temerity is a problem for fools, drunks and gays.
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4756 Nov 13, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but that is not evidence. It is a wide generalization which again does not have evidential support.
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4758 Nov 13, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
There is much that you don't realize. And much that you don't want to realize. This results from bunker mentalities you apply to all in your sorry life. Calling children weak-minded reflects your problem in this regard.
Adults can use comparative reasoning to come to decisions and conclusions. Life's experience gives adults this ability.
Children, however, have little to no skills using comparative reasoning because, being so young, they have nothing to compare against. This is where liars, sickos and opportunistic animals like you seep in like septic waste from a broken sewer pipe.
Have you ever considered that it is you who has been influenced during your childhood to be so bigoted and intolerant of views? Also, your ad hominem attacks show your lack of effective rhetoric. Do you realize how ridiculous your statement: "This is where liars, sickos and opportunistic animals like you seep in like septic waste from a broken sewer pipe" sounds?
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4759 Nov 13, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused. Again.
Each one of your sentences is like something coming out of a damaged automaton spitting out nonsense at a rapid rate. They have little relevance with my last post.
With logic and reason missing from your rants, ad hominem is a great response:}
Actually, I'm pretty sure each one of my sentences was very relevant to your posts. Again, you say my point-of-view lacks logic and reasoning, but yours continues to lack evidence, even though I have countlessly pointed this issue out. And ad hominem is never a great response; ad hominem is a synonym of "name-calling," common in kindergarten classrooms. So unless you take your advice from quarreling toddlers, I would not call ad hominem "a great response" to any argument.
thinkingisgood

Zionsville, IN

#4760 Nov 13, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And I would really like to see those three articles.

Lapeer, MI

#4761 Nov 13, 2012
thinkingisgood wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but that is not evidence. It is a wide generalization which again does not have evidential support.
When idealism collides with reality the result is Wisdom.

Regardless of protestations, wishful thinking and political correctness, Wisdom trumps 'em all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Undocumented Immigrants Help Strengthen Our... 4 hr Weporkchickenhawks 173
News The Latest: Liquor bill passes Legislature but ... 6 hr Bama Yankee 1
ssd solution chemical/black money cleaning (Nov '12) 21 hr George Lee 70
News US pending home sales climb to 9-year high 23 hr Go Blue Forever 1
News Houses are hot sellers, again 23 hr Go Blue Forever 1
News Opinion Line Mon Dr Wu 3
News 2 Blue Island brothers in line for 6 government... (Nov '13) Mon its all about them 57
More from around the web