Shop locally this weekend: Downtown promotes 'Small Business Saturday'

Nov 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Sentinel-Echo

LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. - You've heard of Black Friday, but have you heard of Small Business Saturday? The Saturday following Thanksgiving was first heralded as "Small Business Saturday" by American Express in 2010.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 25, 2012
Ex Londoner

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Why would anyone want to shop at that high priced hole in the wall of a town called London when you can go to somerset or corbin and beat the hell out of their high prices? You can even stock up the wet bar while your there.
funny

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

That is funniest thing i ever heard SHOP LONDON
heck where is anywhere up there to shop , bobs is the only place and a pair of mens boxers will cost u about 22 dollars and they are probally dry rotted they been there so long .oh u might can go in weavers if u get there early enough and buy u a chili bun for 2.50 when everywhere else sells them for 1.19 and actually the 1.19 ones taste better .
I am like the poster above go to corbin they have belks and jc penney .
Full Monty

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

you can mozzy on over to Danville Ky and catch a whiff of that locally produced RECYCLED TURNIP GREENS GAS by doug ayers at the Bank up on Smokey Way. He uses much of it to heat and cool the Bank but a whiff of this effervescence aroma can really get one going this holiday season.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••