Judged:

I understand many people actually need welfare or help in tough times.But regular use of any government service or acceptance of charity can a create an unwieldly sense of entitlement. When I see people with 2 houses, luxury cars, season tickets and bad/high spending habits take, use, accept and/or abuse these benefits in at least two states these programs need more scrutiny and should be reduced.

It's that unwieldly sense of entitlement. My neighbor whined when his benefits ran out after two years after being layed off. So now he's working government benefit programs in two states. He has to travel to his other home in another state for his medicaid benefits and yet declare this state his primary residence for utility bill assistance. He also took unemployment and other benefits with rental and wife's income(she never took his last name, even on public record).

To top it off the real kicker is that he will use and abuse other people's personal stuff the same way. I've loaned him tools which were NOT returned lightly used. I've been given back broken tools, dirty tools and/or heavily used tools. I"ve had to ask for and get tools back-he treats your tools like his stuff. He's been driving/borrowing at least 6 different vehicles over the last year. He complains we don't spend enough on our property and he does everything on his on the cheap.

Too much free stuff creates a sense entitlement. Getting the stuff becomes more important than need or who is paying for it.