Ted Cruz wants feds to stop meddling in same-sex marriage debate

Feb 13, 2014 Full story: CBS News 577

Sens. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and Mike Lee, R-Utah, are pushing back against a recent Supreme Court ruling that struck down the heart of the Defense of Marriage Act and paved the way for the federal government to provide benefits to same-sex couples who were married legally.

Full Story

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#169 Feb 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no need to change the constitution at all, just uphold it is all we are asking...and it is the majority of our citizens asking for it now..
why are you such a shitty citizen that you don't even know your own constitution?
Where is it in the constitution pookie. Marriage isn't a right, it is a legal contract that is regulated and performed under state law.

Location hidden

#170 Feb 19, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
More Republican time and money wasting. They really don't have anything else to do.
I guess we should all get to fly in circles and play golf under the equal protection clause you are trying to bend.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#171 Feb 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Where is it in the constitution pookie. Marriage isn't a right, it is a legal contract that is regulated and performed under state law.
The Constitution does not list all rights. The Supreme Court is the arbiter of what is or is not a Right. And they have stated numerous times that Marriage is a basic right of all citizens. I'm not sure how many times, but I have read there are 14 cases of this, one being Loving. I'm sorry if your education did not include a basic Civics class, but such is the state of our educational system, I suppose.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#172 Feb 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Where is it in the constitution pookie. Marriage isn't a right,.
Already refuted.

No one is waiting for you to admit you have it wrong.

Not even in those 14 swing states.

Location hidden

#173 Feb 19, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>The Constitution does not list all rights. The Supreme Court is the arbiter of what is or is not a Right. And they have stated numerous times that Marriage is a basic right of all citizens. I'm not sure how many times, but I have read there are 14 cases of this, one being Loving. I'm sorry if your education did not include a basic Civics class, but such is the state of our educational system, I suppose.
Yes when it involves one man and one women. You left out that part.

Location hidden

#174 Feb 19, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Already refuted.

No one is waiting for you to admit you have it wrong.

Not even in those 14 swing states.
Puffer, you're only proving you are a child swinging at windmills.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#175 Feb 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>I guess we should all get to fly in circles and play golf under the equal protection clause you are trying to bend.
BS. We should all enjoy the same fundamental rights as citizens. You are a nasty piece of work disrespecting the most important relationship of my life.
Campy

Las Vegas, NV

#176 Feb 19, 2014
I'm sure that Ted Cruz will find himself on the right side of history.

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

#177 Feb 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes when it involves one man and one women. You left out that part.
They expanded on that a little in Windsor. And in the next year or two we will probably see them become even ore specific.

Location hidden

#178 Feb 19, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution does not list all rights. The Supreme Court is the arbiter of what is or is not a Right. And they have stated numerous times that Marriage is a basic right of all citizens. I'm not sure how many times, but I have read there are 14 cases of this, one being Loving. I'm sorry if your education did not include a basic Civics class, but such is the state of our educational system, I suppose.
The constitution clearly states that those rights not specific to the federal government go to the states. Quit trying to break the constitution. You want a civil war you need not send out invitations.

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

#179 Feb 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The constitution clearly states that those rights not specific to the federal government go to the states. Quit trying to break the constitution. You want a civil war you need not send out invitations.
But the Supreme Court does have the power to state what is a Right. And those Rights must be available to ALL citizens, not just the "in" crowd of the moment. And because of that the Supreme Court must step in and declare that the Right of marriage must be available to all. The states may have the duty of administering marriage, but they must do so in a way that does not show animus towards certain groups. And the Court has been, and will continue to see that that is what is done. I cannot believe that for as long as you have been on these threads, that still has to be explained to you.

Location hidden

#180 Feb 19, 2014
Campy wrote:
Not even close but welcome to you delusion.

Location hidden

#181 Feb 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The constitution clearly states that those rights not specific to the federal government go to the states. Quit trying to break the constitution. You want a civil war you need not send out invitations.
Treasonous threats made behind a computer screen. ROTFLMAO

Location hidden

#182 Feb 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes when it involves one man and one women.
The 14th amendment doesn't make that distinction.

I am sure you still find giving the vote to those black folk trouble too, eh, AuDumbo?

Location hidden

#183 Feb 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Puffer, you're only proving you are a child swinging at windmills.
Better than sucking on sausages, ScrotumSniffer.

Wipe your chin, Dumbo.

Location hidden

#184 Feb 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The constitution clearly states that those rights not specific to the federal government go to the states.
The Constitution clearly states marriage is a fundamental right and states don't get to decide which fundamental rights they are going to recognize and which ones they don't.

"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

No one has to make you have anything wrong, ScrotumSniffer.

We know you don't have it in you.

Unlike your boyfriend's johnson.

Even when you insisted Romney was going to take all 14 swing states and win the election with 325 electoral votes.

Location hidden

#185 Feb 19, 2014
Campy wrote:
Hitler also found himself on the right side of history.

Maybe they can share a bench?
Campy

Las Vegas, NV

#186 Feb 19, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close but welcome to you delusion.
I guess you are too dense to realize I was doing a satirical imitation of the common gay ad nauseum argument about being on the "Right side of History".
Campy

Las Vegas, NV

#187 Feb 19, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler also found himself on the right side of history.
Maybe they can share a bench?
I guess you are too dense to realize I was doing a satirical imitation of the common gay ad nauseum argument about being on the "Right side of History".

Location hidden

#188 Feb 19, 2014
Campy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP Leaders Allow Obama's Amnesty 27 min John McCharlie 32
Let's help seniors, disabled 2 hr Hope 1
Morning 10: $7B Citigroup settlement | Sotheby'... (Jul '14) 8 hr Sydney 4
A Midwestern Cow Girl Blew The Lid Off Of Citig... (May '12) 8 hr Sydney 5
What are the benefits of outsourcing bookkeeping? (Aug '13) 11 hr Wade Wilson 2
Women May Face Extra Challenges in Seeking Fina... 16 hr QUITTNER Mar 4 2015 2
inbar group, inc 22 hr inbargroup 1
More from around the web