Vietnam may start buying bad debt in Q1 -newspaper

Jan 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Vietnam may start buying non-performing loans in the first quarter of this year, a state-run newspaper reported on Monday, as deteriorating asset quality threatens to further strain the economy.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 14, 2013
happy with this present

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

don't worry about the vn Economy,,
can't a voice it any way,,

vn will hit a re-session,,so hard,,
then repossession,,will following,,

then there will be a plentiful depression,,
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

I have to salute the good Vietnam government working hard to fix the problems caused by the VNCH/NGUY people. And the results were great so far. Inflation is tamed fast after the mass illegal dumping of the Dongs by the VNCH/NGUY people. Growth was affected by that but not much, still at 5%.

Now, the bad debt will be the last thing to be fixed then Vietnam can return to the rapid growth rate again. Note this, Vietnam FOREX fund has increased from 15 billion US dollars to 22 billion US dollars last year. In contrast, Pakistan a county with twice of the population to Vietnam had their FOREX fund reduced from 12 to 8 billion last year.

Think of Pakistan as the equivalent VNCH/NGUY run government. And in case you guys don't understand, the higher the FOREX fund you have, the easier a country can do import on short term credits. 20+ billion US dollar FOREX fund for Vietnam is pretty good actually.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Personal Finance Forum right now

Search the Personal Finance Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Southwest office rental prices soar (Aug '13) 26 min Eric 3
Ruling sparks debate on retroactive gay rights 21 hr Frank Stanton 42
Victory for Birthers over Obama eligibility sca... (Jun '13) Thu caesar- 4
Stocks plummet as Paulson says Feds won't buy b... (Nov '08) Wed swedenforever 19
Suit accuses lender of harassment (Feb '07) Wed David and Goliath 62
JOBS: 10 Valley companies hiring now Jul 22 exGMan 2
Lincoln County Commission rejects affordable ho... Jul 22 Observer 9
•••
•••