Promises, Promises; Public Union Pens...

Promises, Promises; Public Union Pensions NOT Sacrosanct; Mish...

There are 53 comments on the Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis story from Nov 15, 2013, titled Promises, Promises; Public Union Pensions NOT Sacrosanct; Mish.... In it, Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis reports that:

Numerous cities have filed for bankruptcy in recent years, and many more cities are on the brink.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#49 Nov 20, 2013
lisa psu shill wrote:
i see gomes tried to push a council resolution in support of the pension reform bill she is pimping but it was removed. wonder what the deal is?
Doesn't matter. Its a state wide concern. Change or die should be the slogan for that group.
The Pilot

Vallejo, CA

#50 Nov 20, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. Its a state wide concern. Change or die should be the slogan for that group.
We're going all the way to whatever end the pension wars lead to. We are not giving up anything, you'll have to take it, good luck with that.
Anon

Vallejo, CA

#51 Nov 20, 2013
Those who might latch onto Reedís signature-gathering campaign ought to pay attention to a recent survey conducted by one of Californiaís most reputable pollsters (Pew). It says 64 percent of likely voters oppose breaking pension promises to current public employees. And thatís not a lopsided sentiment; it cuts equally across age, gender, and even political party ó a near majority of Republicans even says any changes to pensions should not affect existing workers.
laughing all the way

Vallejo, CA

#52 Nov 20, 2013
reed and gomes won't be able to overcome the big labor money that will crush that baloney out.
dickie the enraged -t-urd

Fairfield, CA

#53 Nov 20, 2013
LOL!

The poll did not ask how much services would the pollers be willing to give up to keep pension promises.

(t)urd enragement!
laughing all the way

Vallejo, CA

#54 Nov 20, 2013
"oppose breaking pension promises".
the end.

Fairfield, CA

#55 Nov 20, 2013
laughing all the way wrote:
"oppose breaking pension promises".
the end.
Linky to said poll please

LOL!
(t)urd enragement!
laughing all the way

Vallejo, CA

#56 Nov 20, 2013
how exactly do you hold union supported candidates accountable if they got elected as a new majority. looks like the community does not share in your anti labor rantings. obtw, the info is at the pew polling web site. do you want me to show you how to get there?

Fairfield, CA

#57 Nov 20, 2013
laughing all the way wrote:
how exactly do you hold union supported candidates accountable if they got elected as a new majority. looks like the community does not share in your anti labor rantings. obtw, the info is at the pew polling web site. do you want me to show you how to get there?
Did you look at the voter turn out? The community did not vote based on the voter turnout. I don't need a link to the polling site just to said questions...

LOL!
(t)urd enragement!
anon

United States

#58 Nov 20, 2013
dickie the enraged -t-urd wrote:
<quoted text>Linky to said poll please
LOL!
(t)urd enragement!
http://www.salon.com/2013/11/19/right_wing_pe...
lisa psu shill

Vallejo, CA

#59 Nov 20, 2013
dickie the enraged -t-urd wrote:
<quoted text>Did you look at the voter turn out? The community did not vote based on the voter turnout. I don't need a link to the polling site just to said questions...
LOL!
(t)urd enragement!
feel like an idiot now dickie? that's some article, eh? wonder if gomes knows about this?
Do Something

San Francisco, CA

#61 Nov 21, 2013
Why can't pensions be froze until Cities get back on their feet?
Then negotiate reasonable raises that won't make cities bankrupt over and over?
Lawyers...that's what, oh, and greed, left out greed. Oh, and the "I got mine, to bad for you crowd."
Karma, that's all I have to say. Karma is the energy one puts out. We live in an energy universe, what goes out comes back. Good luck with that.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#62 Dec 23, 2013
Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters must occur in Japan, South-Korea, Germany, China, Taiwan and Russia now!
Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, South-Korea, Germany, China, Taiwan and Russia will cause reconstruction-demands in Japan, South-Korea, Germany, China, Taiwan and Russia!
Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, South-Korea, Germany, China, Taiwan and Russia will increase Japan's, South-Korea's, Germany's, China's, Taiwan's and Russia's domestic-demands!
Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, South-Korea, Germany, China, Taiwan and Russia will decrease supplies from Japan, South-Korea, Germany, China, Taiwan and Russia!
Japan, South-Korea, Germany and Taiwan must increase their military-budgets and military-forces now!
Japan, South-Korea, Germany, British, Italy and Taiwan must protect Japan, South-Korea, Germany, British, Italy and Taiwan by themselves!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr state brass 16,599
News Housing Discrimination and the American Wealth Gap 16 hr T-BOS 3
News Widow renews request to collect Lt. Gliniewicz'... 19 hr Drink drink 5
News Spend more than half your income on rent? You'r... Mon onserved 12
News After billions in tax increases, Californians d... Sun Lance 9
News Watch Out San Francisco. Here Comes Arizona. Feb 16 Solarman 1
News Review: Home loan bias for minorities in 5 Texa... Feb 16 FART MUSTARD 6
More from around the web