Small Businesses Benefiting From Social Media

Oct 4, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: OfficialWire

If you want your business to benefit from social media, you can hire a VA who can do the social media tasks for you Small businesses can benefit greatly from the use of social media they just need to dedicate time and energy on the endeavor.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2013

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Pretty In Pink Foundation Reaches Social Media Milestone

October 7, 2009 (RALEIGH, NC)– Pretty In Pink Foundation, the non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to uninsured and under-insured North Carolinians with breast cancer, cracked the 1,000 Facebook fans mark this week.

"Using a social network, like Facebook, gives us an opportunity to create and deepen relationships with supporters,” said Olalah Njenga, CEO of YellowWood Group, the Foundation’s marketing agency of record.“We leveraged the Fan Page tool for Pretty In Pink Foundation by populating it with breaking news, events and activities. Our fans were the first to “be in the know” and they really enjoyed that.”

According to Njenga, part of YellowWood Group's strategy for Pretty In Pink is to maintain a marketing mix that blends traditional and interactive marketing tools for a comprehensive approach to reaching the Foundation’s business goals.“Celebrating our 1000th Facebook Fan is exciting and it demonstrates how using the right combination of marketing approaches can help organizations get targeted results," Njenga noted.

Penny Lauricella, Pretty In Pink Foundation’s executive director added,“Reaching this key social media milestone during Breast Cancer Awareness month demonstrates how much the community supports our efforts.”

For more information on Pretty In Pink Foundation, visit www.prettyinpinkfoundation.org .

About Pretty In Pink Foundation:

Pretty In Pink Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides financial resources for uninsured and underinsured North Carolinians who are diagnosed with breast cancer and have limited financial means. Founded in 2004 by Dr. Lisa Tolnitch, a breast cancer surgeon, Pretty In Pink Foundation is positioned to have a point of presence in every state by 2020. Committed to providing hope, health and healing, Pretty In Pink Foundation has a growing network of healthcare professionals and quality of life partners. For more information on fundraising events, ways to help and how to become a volunteer, visit the website at www.PrettyInPinkFoundation.org , or join the Pretty In Pink Foundation Fan page on Facebook.com .
Anonymous

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Hi there! It's Nick here. Actually, social networking/ social media could very helpful in making your business sales leads regardless of the business you run depending on the way you use it. In fact, facebook and twitter, to mention a few, have helped me a lot in expanding my market.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••