Lamont residents oppose Walmart devel...

Lamont residents oppose Walmart development

There are 2 comments on the KGET-TV Bakersfield story from Oct 4, 2013, titled Lamont residents oppose Walmart development. In it, KGET-TV Bakersfield reports that:

Residents of Lamont say they don't want a Walmart built in their town. Many fear the big box store would take away from their livelihood and force small businesses to close.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KGET-TV Bakersfield.

Sagat

Bakersfield, CA

#1 Oct 16, 2013
This is a shame. The overcharging local Lamont,CA businesses can continue to profit off of the impoverished. Take a look at County Fair Market for example. The products are massively overcharged and usually expired or stale.

Funny how the only ones opposing this are the panicking small business owners. Ask the average Lamont resident and they do not oppose this. The business owners opposing this don't even live in Lamont.
XDR

Miami, FL

#2 Oct 17, 2013
I shop at Walmart only. I'm not interested in getting ripped off overpaying for my food and clothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Time to settle immigration debate, once and for... Sun tomin cali 1
News Civil Judgments to Be Removed from All Credit R... Sun how will that help 1
News Albuquerque guardianship firm facing of embezzl... Jul 21 Cut Property 2
News More arrests coming in Lakewood | Di Ionno Jul 20 John Gold 2
News Illegal Immigrants Can Now Defend the Laws They... Jul 19 spytheweb 1
News Baltimore celebrates "victory" in release of il... Jul 18 Janet 3
News Family takes possession of Habitat - soy house... (Mar '10) Jul 13 Jimmy 5
More from around the web