South Allegheny school board member and wife accused of stealing from teen

Sep 21, 2013 Full story: WPXI 207

A Port Vue teenager said Friday that he wants what is his, namely more than $50,000 authorities claim a South Allegheny School Board member and his wife stole from an account funded by the estate of the boy's deceased father.

Full Story
Happy Happy

Greensburg, PA

#297 Dec 23, 2013
In the know wrote:
1 and 2 miller ridge in Port Vue
That is only property tax according to the site. There's school tax to be paid and that's a lot more.
Billy

West Mifflin, PA

#298 Dec 23, 2013
I think it would be a great gesture on the part of council to give up their monthly stipend ( salary) to give all disabled people in the borough a First Alert necklace in case of emerencies. These cost 20 bucks a month to keep 911 connection in case of an emergency . The seniors and disabled people can feel more safe knowing that help is a touch of a button away. Some of these seniors are strapped with bills and 20 bucks a month seems very little some cant afford living on 1970 social security checks inflation has been eating away at their monthly checks.
I hope council does the right thing and steps up to get everyone in town a First Alert necklace. Council salaries can go a long way to support our seniors and disabled in this town. Let's see who steps up to the plate first to put their monthly stipend in a fund to help out our seniors..........This way we can tell if council is there for the paycheck or for the taxpayers//
Holiday Giving Spirit

Mckeesport, PA

#299 Dec 24, 2013
Billy wrote:
I think it would be a great gesture on the part of council to give up their monthly stipend ( salary) to give all disabled people in the borough a First Alert necklace in case of emerencies. These cost 20 bucks a month to keep 911 connection in case of an emergency . The seniors and disabled people can feel more safe knowing that help is a touch of a button away. Some of these seniors are strapped with bills and 20 bucks a month seems very little some cant afford living on 1970 social security checks inflation has been eating away at their monthly checks.
I hope council does the right thing and steps up to get everyone in town a First Alert necklace. Council salaries can go a long way to support our seniors and disabled in this town. Let's see who steps up to the plate first to put their monthly stipend in a fund to help out our seniors..........This way we can tell if council is there for the paycheck or for the taxpayers//
Excellent suggestion and a much needed gesture for the disabled.

The new council president whoever he/she will be should take the lead and offer to contribute or forego their monthly salary. They are overpaid for nodding their head yes to whatever Mayor Mike demands.

The Mayor could contribute by giving up his city funded $35,000 SUV that Mayor Rege would not take. The police department needs it more than the Mayor for his lunch trips out of town and personal use..

The Mayor could contribute by rescinding those outrageous salary increases to his political friend administrators and those resignation incentive bonuses of $25,000.

The wasted cost of those feel good signs could have helped significantly.

Mayor Mike's campaign war chest is flush with money and he could contribute like Brewster DONATED TAXPAYER monies to local charities masqueraded as "earned" and "deferred" salary.

Last but not least, Mayor Mike should donate to your suggestion that tainted $4,800 of political contributions received from the 58 counts indicted Mr. Melocchi who purchased control of the City's police department and mayor's office. Porky said it on tape and the news media reported it.

Mr.. Melocchi was captured on a phone tap bragging that he owned the City and MPD. It seems like only $4,800 of contributions was a bargain price for ownership control of the City. The Mayor spent more than that for his election and then gives up city control to Mr. Melocchi for only a $4800 campaign contribution?

That Mr. Melocchi is one shrewd and cleaver business and policitial person, but I speculate that the AG and team will prevail significantly in the spring as indictments proceed to adjudication.
in the know

Glassport, PA

#300 Dec 24, 2013
they are going to get off scot-free. i wouldn't be surprised if the kid is going to be held liable for their legal bill.
Scot Costly May Prevail

Mckeesport, PA

#301 Dec 24, 2013
in the know wrote:
they are going to get off scot-free. i wouldn't be surprised if the kid is going to be held liable for their legal bill.
Are Red and the Porkster taking any bets on your speculation? What is the line on acquittals for those charged with felonies?

I think I will side with the AG, PSP, and the courts. The wild cards are the depth and values of the plea bargains, covert informers, and tipsters' evidence which are kind of handicaps not available to the indicted.

You lost me on who the kid might be? I know of no kid linked to the gambling matters directly.
Kid is the Orphan

Sugar Land, TX

#302 Dec 24, 2013
"In the Know" is trying to say that they will get out of the felonies they are charged with regarding the alleged theft of the orphan's money they were supposed to be guarding.
No one knows if they will be brought to justice regarding the company they allegedly own that allegedly breaks all sorts of commerce, theft, and larceny laws.
I am unclear if they are directly involved in porkey's gambling ring. I have no evidence to share on that front, do you?
Bill s

Pittsburgh, PA

#303 Dec 24, 2013
I hope they are having a Merry Christmas swimming in their indoor pool that they earned by ripping off their employees. Wonder if Peter's wig is water proof? I hope karma bits him in the butt
Bill S

Cochranton, PA

#304 Dec 30, 2013
Penis Pump Peter....... I predict a guilty verdict.
Otis

West Mifflin, PA

#305 Dec 31, 2013
i got a pocket pussie for xmas wow its great i dont have to deal with some stinky snatch to get off
and i use it on the bus cumming and going to work.
wee willy winky

Glassport, PA

#306 Dec 31, 2013
Bill S wrote:
Penis Pump Peter....... I predict a guilty verdict.
they are gonna walk free. bet on it. they in turn will sue the kid for damaging their reputations. the boy will be paying them for the rest of his life. karma will be a bitch!
Bill S

Cochranton, PA

#307 Dec 31, 2013
What ever Peter Pumper....... We will see. About time you get a taste of your own medicine back.
Bill S

Cochranton, PA

#308 Dec 31, 2013
What ever there Peter Pump Miller. Now go watch your employees on your video cameras so you can see how you can screw them over and get off topix.
Seems a bad bet

Monroeville, PA

#309 Jan 2, 2014
wee willy winky wrote:
<quoted text>
they are gonna walk free. bet on it. they in turn will sue the kid for damaging their reputations. the boy will be paying them for the rest of his life. karma will be a bitch!
The state brought these felonies against the Millers. He may have presented his evidence to the police, but it was the state that brought the charges once they had reviewed the evidence.

As for their reputations, that's hogwash. They can't pretend that they don't own American Recovery. Their actions there speak for themselves.
Billy

West Mifflin, PA

#310 Jan 2, 2014
ALL NEW COUNCIL PEOPLE TAKE NOTICE!!

NEW COUNCIL TAKE NOTICE!!

Did anyone notice the poor old gray haired lady from Glassport on the front page of the Daily News today? She has to turn her thermostat in her home down to 66 degrees to help cut cost of her heating bill, while wearing layers of clothing to keep warm. She is presently on the LIHEAP program to assistance to help her pay her utilities. This is a disgrace. While council gets their monthly stipend these poor older folks in Glassport have to pay high taxes and cut back on their needs at home. Why cant council members donate their pay to these kind of people in the borough, instead they would rather use that money they get to make car payments, dine out, buy booze and drugs, while we have seniors in this town struggling to pay their ulitities and council paychecks. ALL SCUM CROOKS RUNNING THIS TOWN !
You all should be ashamed to let older people like this suffer because of the greed on council!! NEXT TIME VOTE OUT THE SCUM! They are having a good time on tax payer money !!!! ALL SCUM CROOKS WHO ONLY CARE ABOUT A MONTHLY PAYCHECK!! CRAWL BACK INTO YOUR HOLES COUNCIL PEOPLE!!! ALL SINNERS AND THIEVES!
STOP ALL COUNCIL PAY >>>THEY ARE GREEDY !
TheyRGypsies

Cochranton, PA

#311 Jan 2, 2014
Billy wrote:
ALL NEW COUNCIL PEOPLE TAKE NOTICE!!
NEW COUNCIL TAKE NOTICE!!
Did anyone notice the poor old gray haired lady from Glassport on the front page of the Daily News today? She has to turn her thermostat in her home down to 66 degrees to help cut cost of her heating bill, while wearing layers of clothing to keep warm. She is presently on the LIHEAP program to assistance to help her pay her utilities. This is a disgrace. While council gets their monthly stipend these poor older folks in Glassport have to pay high taxes and cut back on their needs at home. Why cant council members donate their pay to these kind of people in the borough, instead they would rather use that money they get to make car payments, dine out, buy booze and drugs, while we have seniors in this town struggling to pay their ulitities and council paychecks. ALL SCUM CROOKS RUNNING THIS TOWN !
You all should be ashamed to let older people like this suffer because of the greed on council!! NEXT TIME VOTE OUT THE SCUM! They are having a good time on tax payer money !!!! ALL SCUM CROOKS WHO ONLY CARE ABOUT A MONTHLY PAYCHECK!! CRAWL BACK INTO YOUR HOLES COUNCIL PEOPLE!!! ALL SINNERS AND THIEVES!
STOP ALL COUNCIL PAY >>>THEY ARE GREEDY !
This amazes me how these people can live with themselves. Wow the taxes in Allegheny County are high but I guess as long as you are a school board member it is not something that you have to worry about. The truth speaks loudly when you go onto the county real estate tax records. Check out the comparable homes to the Millers listed on the website. The Millers home is being compared to 60 thousand dollar homes. This is a total crime. If you build a large home take responsibility for your actions you know your taxes are going to be high. As far as the old woman I would love to know her address to see how much she is paying in taxes. The kid should get his money back and hopefully he will maybe just have some highly reputable lawyer from downtown step up and take this case pro bono.(I see that happening shortly)
These people will not get off free they stole money from a child. This crime statutes a Felony charge. I think their freedom up on the hill with all their tacky chandeliers and brass will be on limited time until they are cuffed up.
Bill S

Cochranton, PA

#312 Jan 6, 2014
I now see all the charges are listed as withdrawn? Was the boy paid off?
Jeff

Glassport, PA

#313 Jan 7, 2014
Bill S wrote:
I now see all the charges are listed as withdrawn? Was the boy paid off?
Try the boy had no case. He was going to lose. Period. End of story.
Bill S

Cochranton, PA

#314 Jan 7, 2014
Doubt it. If he had no case then the DA would not have filed the charges. If they went thru trial then it would either say guilty to not guilty. Withdrawn means that they either ole bargained or that the child refused to testify.

I worked for these people for a few years and I know their character's. Their employees bust their ass's for them. Putting their lives in danger every night. They get home and are not only an hour into their sleep when the Millers are calling them on the phone bitching about not tagging keys, or leaving a plate on a car. The threaten and dock employees pay checks. I have never felt with such greedy low lives.
Odd

Monroeville, PA

#315 Jan 7, 2014
Bill S wrote:
or leaving a plate on a car
Are you talking about legitimately repossessed cars, or stolen ones?

And when you say that they dock pay, are you talking about employees that are on the books, or the ones that are paid illegally in cash "under the table?"
Mary

West Mifflin, PA

#317 Jan 7, 2014
NOTICE TO ALL COUNCIL SCUM

Did anyone notice the poor old gray haired lady from Glassport on the front page of the Daily News last week? She has to turn her thermostat in her home down to 66 degrees to help cut cost of her heating bill. She is presently on the LIHEAP program to assistance to help her pay her utilities., and wears several layers of clothes to keep warm. This is a disgrace. While council gets their monthly stipend these poor older folks in Glassport have to pay high taxes and cut back on their needs at home. Why cant council members donate their pay to these kind of people in the borough, instead they would rather use that money they get to make car payments, dine out, buy booze and drugs, while we have seniors in this town struggling to pay their ulitities and council paychecks. ALL SCUM CROOKS RUNNING THIS TOWN !

VOTE THE GREED OUT! GREED IS WHAT THEY WANT!

DONT RAISE TAXES, CUT COUNCIL PAY....YOU ALL WORRY ABOUT POKER MACHINES,WHAT A SHAME! STOP THE CORRUPTION ON COUNCIL !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
zoomtrader is a scam (Jun '13) 2 hr Maniac 35
Azerbaijan to introduce German-like pension system Wed Francesco Sinibaldi 1
Fayetteville Mayor: Alderman Danny Bryant or bu... Wed Rebelle 1
2 Blue Island brothers in line for 6 government... (Nov '13) Wed Jack 48
What are my rights when It comes to debt collec... Tue Dave Johnson 2
Liza Horvath: Tips for hiring a good lawyer (Oct '10) Tue celine 3
Arizona Lender Donates Interest Profits to Charity (Aug '13) Tue SandyWilliams 2

Personal Finance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE