Turkia Mullin

Nov 22, 2012 Full story: Detroit News 8

Ex-Wayne official Turkia Mullin was told she lacked the 20 years of service needed for a pension.

Full Story
ray

Toledo, OH

#1 Nov 22, 2012
Where does this awada get off the train? Ficano and board at airport have helped to create fiasco for someone very undeserving! U were in military before u even entered politics . County does not owe u. U used benefits to go to university/ college. How much more do u need to suck out of taxpayer system? Enough already. U fired people. Ficano and others in authority have. Some unjustified. Your release was way too late!!
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Nov 22, 2012
ray wrote:
Where does this awada get off the train? Ficano and board at airport have helped to create fiasco for someone very undeserving! U were in military before u even entered politics . County does not owe u. U used benefits to go to university/ college. How much more do u need to suck out of taxpayer system? Enough already. U fired people. Ficano and others in authority have. Some unjustified. Your release was way too late!!
I doubt if you have any facts as to what benefits were used for college. I couldn't find any. Those would only be the same benefits that you or your children would be entitled to, nothing granted by Ficano. Same with the military pension years for active service. The egregious part was her attempting to gain credit for years spent in the reserves where she was working or perhaps going to school. That represents a form of double dipping as she could have been gaining time towards a pension elsewhere. These people are working overtime to game the system while taxpayers are busy working and looking the other way.
ray

Detroit, MI

#3 Nov 22, 2012
We r not here to scrutinize me . U know exactly what I am referring to. I did come across where she may have had benefits After two years in military to help her schooling.the point is this lady has been given too much already from Wayne county. Her time in Wayne county government has not put us to advantage.only did disad vantage .her and others who allowed things to continue until public was made aware.
ray

Detroit, MI

#4 Nov 22, 2012
And for these jobs that have been giving to them they should be receiving complements. Even if they were given half the salary that would be fair for this region. Instead people have been more distrustful of their local leaders and appointees. This one is certainly prime example of system that is in need of dire repair.taking credit for things that r pointless is childish and doesn't help Wayne counties financial woes. Japan told us 32 years ago that we graduate more lawyers and japan graduates more engineers.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#5 Nov 23, 2012
So if I understand you correctly, you would not vote for Turkia Mullin to replace Robert Ficano if that's what it comes down to at election time.
justice

Detroit, MI

#6 Nov 24, 2012
U know a lot of positions r filled with people that I am not familiar with. I wasn't happy with choices this year.but when there is choice of bad and extremely bad ., howcan public win? Just because of party affiliation many get in. This can be a travesty.before this ridiculous payout awadar received I never heard of her.obviously her and many others r not out to help county .only to enrich themselves in shady deals.all of these appointees should have had background checks.we trusted ficano and look what has happened.they r not benefitting taxpayers. This turkia and many others should have never risen to these high positions.
anon

Birmingham, MI

#7 Apr 13, 2014
Neither of you to fail to educate yourselves on or mention the fact that Turkia Mullin brought in over 5 billion in investments and jobs to wayne county. All I see are biased, uneducated opinions here. Get a clue.
Steve

Sumter, SC

#8 Apr 13, 2014
anon wrote:
Neither of you to fail to educate yourselves on or mention the fact that Turkia Mullin brought in over 5 billion in investments and jobs to wayne county. All I see are biased, uneducated opinions here. Get a clue.
Well, she was fired.. So at least we got that Going for us.
Next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russia's crisis hurts middle classes 1 hr fall on your sword 3
what is prepaid debit card? 10 hr carddna 1
Irondequoit woman pleads guilty to Social Secur... (Sep '11) Fri RacistFireCrotchB... 59
Is there any difference between ATM card and de... Thu Alisha Wilson 1
zoomtrader is a scam (Jun '13) Thu RickyPT 42
For sale' sign outside UMass Amherst Holocaust ... Thu Steve Ruell 1
Kuwait, Bahrain sign three MoUs, educational pr... Wed MOMIN ANSARI 1
More from around the web