Stop Saying Black People Don't Support Each Other Economically

Monday Jun 30 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WCKX-FM Columbus

How often have you heard it said that black Americans don't support each other economically? It's a common refrain in conversations around sociopolitical uplift for the black community and many come to the conclusion that blacks just don't show each other the same kind of financial love that you see in other racial and ethnic groups.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Monday Jun 30

“AFRO beauty”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

“I’m not sure but there’s a lack of education about co-ops in general in our society,” says Gordon Nembhard.“We teach about capitalism and present capitalism as the only option. Also, often whenever blacks attempted to establish them, their efforts were sabotaged by white competitors and white supremacists. In many cases, it was through violence but in others it could be as simple as having your rent raised, banks denying your loan or even being priced out of insurance.”

I read how we created co-ops and even though a lot of them were sabotaged by jealous white folk and even the government, they proved how creditable they were in helping us realize how supporting each other in this way helped us provide for each others needs and kept us afloat.

we would not even be this for had we not had an indomitable system of economic support for our own but recently we have somewhat dropped the ball.....we just need to regroup and build on the idea of co-ops for future reference.
Oh No You Di-int

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

*Belch*

Sorry, I was busy reading about all the black-owned banks and businesses in Harlem before the welfare state was created.

What were you blaming YT for again?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Personal Finance Forum right now

Search the Personal Finance Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ruling sparks debate on retroactive gay rights 39 min passing by 38
Victory for Birthers over Obama eligibility sca... (Jun '13) 7 hr caesar- 4
Stocks plummet as Paulson says Feds won't buy b... (Nov '08) 12 hr swedenforever 19
Suit accuses lender of harassment (Feb '07) Wed David and Goliath 62
JOBS: 10 Valley companies hiring now Tue exGMan 2
Lincoln County Commission rejects affordable ho... Tue Observer 9
Consumers are padding their checking accounts Tue Go Blue Forever 1
•••
•••