Stop Saying Black People Don't Suppor...

Stop Saying Black People Don't Support Each Other Economically

There are 2 comments on the WCKX-FM Columbus story from Jun 30, 2014, titled Stop Saying Black People Don't Support Each Other Economically. In it, WCKX-FM Columbus reports that:

How often have you heard it said that black Americans don't support each other economically? It's a common refrain in conversations around sociopolitical uplift for the black community and many come to the conclusion that blacks just don't show each other the same kind of financial love that you see in other racial and ethnic groups.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCKX-FM Columbus.

“AFRO beauty”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#1 Jun 30, 2014
“I’m not sure but there’s a lack of education about co-ops in general in our society,” says Gordon Nembhard.“We teach about capitalism and present capitalism as the only option. Also, often whenever blacks attempted to establish them, their efforts were sabotaged by white competitors and white supremacists. In many cases, it was through violence but in others it could be as simple as having your rent raised, banks denying your loan or even being priced out of insurance.”

I read how we created co-ops and even though a lot of them were sabotaged by jealous white folk and even the government, they proved how creditable they were in helping us realize how supporting each other in this way helped us provide for each others needs and kept us afloat.

we would not even be this for had we not had an indomitable system of economic support for our own but recently we have somewhat dropped the ball.....we just need to regroup and build on the idea of co-ops for future reference.
Oh No You Di-int

San Jose, CA

#2 Jun 30, 2014
*Belch*

Sorry, I was busy reading about all the black-owned banks and businesses in Harlem before the welfare state was created.

What were you blaming YT for again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why undocumented immigrants pay taxes 7 hr Frogface Kate 11
News Why millions of illegal immigrants pay taxes 8 hr About time 4
News Paul Ryan: Budget negotiations are for cutting ... (Oct '13) Fri Wall Street bonus 15
News Girl who came to U.S. illegally can't get loans (May '10) Fri riot illegals 3,255
News Albuquerque business burglarized for sixth time Fri The truth 1
News Wait times continue to increase at MVD offices ... Fri The truth 5
News Rock Financial's David Hall Leaves Lender (Dec '07) Thu Patrick 35
More from around the web