Democrats Save Illegal Alien Tax Cred...

Democrats Save Illegal Alien Tax Credit, Kill Move to Restore Veterans' Pensions

There are 27 comments on the Breitbart.com story from Jan 10, 2014, titled Democrats Save Illegal Alien Tax Credit, Kill Move to Restore Veterans' Pensions. In it, Breitbart.com reports that:

Senate Democrats killed an amendment from Sen. Kelly Ayotte that would have paid for unemployment benefits for many Americans and replaced recent cuts to veterans' pensions by closing a tax code loophole that allows illegal aliens to access the Refundable Child Tax Credit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Breitbart.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#25 Jan 11, 2014
just waiting for a type of project valkyrie attempt, it will come if it keeps up
Jim Shortz

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Jan 11, 2014
democrat credo = ILLEGAL mexicans 1st (to get their votes)...and Real Americans are 2nd Class Citizens
demonics do anything to get more votes
this will explode in their faces
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#27 Jan 11, 2014
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop what fraud? Pensions were cut because the government wants to save money and they don't think it's right for a serviceman to collect a pension after putting their lives on the line after 20 years of service.
Meanwhile the amendment to restore the cuts also required anyone receiving a tax refund to have a social security number to do so which the democrats rejected. Democrats want illegal aliens to collect billions, billions which should have gone to restore veterans pensions.
I can't see anyone in the military voting for a party that cuts the pension they need to take care of their family and gives it to illegal aliens.
It is just something I read. Wish I would have saved it to post here. Who knows whether there was any truth in it or not. Anyway, I agree veterans should not have any of their benefits cut.

That's the problem with lumping different legislation together. Issues should be dealt with individually. It sounds like something the Democrats would do rejecting the restoring of veterans benefits so they could continue to make sure illegal aliens get their fraudulent tax credits.
equity

Albuquerque, NM

#28 Jan 11, 2014
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Pensions were cut because the government wants to save money and they don't think it's right for a serviceman to collect a pension after putting their lives on the line after 20 years of service.
O'bustard is a great spouter of equality, but why isn't he putting ALL federal government pensioners under the same COLA cuts as the military federal employees ? Why, out of the millions of government employees covered by pensions is he carving out this small segment ? Because like all progressives, he is blatantly anti-military and his bias eventually so arrogantly open and caustic will have consequences. The mid-term elections will be a big eye opener for these libs, even if they back out this cut later this year, active military, retired military and millions of veterans won't forget this come November.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#29 Jan 17, 2014
They still can't get it right. The latest budget deal almost a month after Ryan's betrayal to veterans leaves those veteran benefit cuts in place.

So much for "we'll fix that".
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#30 Jan 17, 2014
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#31 Jan 17, 2014
They are going to fix this.or they will have lots of problems.americans are not taking it well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite what the premier says, Ontario's pensio... 2 min Day 1
News Social Security disability approvals decline (Dec '13) 17 min Henry J 106
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr WasteWater 8,767
News No pension for 'ghost teacher,' says state agency Sun silly rabbit 1
News Hundreds of "dead voters" discovered in California Sun illegalsIDcomprom... 1
News Nearly 40% Of Canadian Homeowners Struggle To P... Sat YouDirtyPeasants 5
News Beyond the Philadelphia Soda Tax May 28 Three Psyche 2
More from around the web