City Council Candidate Fenwick Shows ...

City Council Candidate Fenwick Shows Support for Small Business

There are 15 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 1, 2013, titled City Council Candidate Fenwick Shows Support for Small Business. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Small business owners gathered Tuesday in downtown Charlottesville to support a local Democratic City Council candidate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Barney

Richmond, VA

#1 May 7, 2013
Maybe he will take the students idea and publicly support small business startups by the poverty stricken. I bet an Obama benefit clearinghouse would be popular.
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#2 May 7, 2013
Well, so far he is proving himself to know more about fiscal responsibility and showing more respect for the taxpayers than Mr. Bellamy has.
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#3 May 7, 2013
""I don't think people realize with the revenue from the federal government and state government being pinched these businesses are going to be under a lot more pressure to succeed," said Fenwick. "
Why is that, Mr. Fenwick? Why would state and federal revenue "pinches" cause the businesses to be under MORE pressure to succeed? Business success should be tied to customer wants/needs, not govt tax revenue...unless there is government "welfare" going to the businesses...then his statement makes sense.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#4 May 7, 2013
real central va Marine wrote:
""I don't think people realize with the revenue from the federal government and state government being pinched these businesses are going to be under a lot more pressure to succeed," said Fenwick. "
Why is that, Mr. Fenwick? Why would state and federal revenue "pinches" cause the businesses to be under MORE pressure to succeed? Business success should be tied to customer wants/needs, not govt tax revenue...unless there is government "welfare" going to the businesses...then his statement makes sense.
gv't welfare to businesses abounds
low gv't lending rates to banks, sba loans, crop / dairy subsidies, oil subsidies the list is almost endless
harry

Charlottesville, VA

#5 May 7, 2013
Fenwick must have had a focus group and his anti-dam, anti-bypass, anti-everything else didn't go over too well. So now he is pro-business? Don't believe it.
The darling of the Sierra Club.
Liberalace

Charlottesville, VA

#6 May 7, 2013
Is that Bread Dude eating spiked brownies? He wants the city to "provide more opportunities for businesses to get together"? Either the rookie reporter misquoted him or he is a public school graduate.

1. What the heck business is it for the city to hold the hands of businesspersons to get together?
2. Did he ever hear of the Chamber of Commerce? And there are other groups as well that foster business interaction in the area.
3. Do it yourself! Typical "I want the government to do it for me" local, liberal chum.

BTW, for all you apostles of big government, check out the MSN article on Al Gore and his new found wealth. A true poster boy is he!

R.I.P.: Terry Sawchuk
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#7 May 7, 2013
Liberalace wrote:
BTW, for all you apostles of big government, check out the MSN article on Al Gore and his new found wealth. A true poster boy is he!
I thought he made his money on selling his network, stock and book sales. How does big gv't factor in?
jogger

Hillsville, VA

#8 May 7, 2013
Small busineses do best when the local, state and federal governments get out of their way...less rules,regulations, directives, mandates and taxes...
Quality product, at a fair price with good to excellent customer service equal success.....in the small business world.....
comment

Charlottesville, VA

#9 May 7, 2013
sure is more voteworthy than almost every other candidate as far as i can see
C Chan

Newtonville, MA

#10 May 7, 2013
I have often told number # 1 son Lee...
mind like parachute; must be open to work.
third time no charm for Dudley Do Right .
Yep

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

#11 May 8, 2013
Exactly
True

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

#12 May 8, 2013
Agreed
True

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

#13 May 8, 2013
Yes
Thinking free

Richmond, VA

#14 May 8, 2013
You no something is wrong when a budding pilitician panders to commercial enterprise rather than the people he's supposed to represent. Pandering to money is one thing, blatant whoring is another.
Jim Rockford

Newtonville, MA

#15 May 15, 2013
bobo fenmeister knows business, NOT.

this second coming of captain queeg,
should stick to counting portions of strawberries.

sound and acts like a blocked method actor
who can't find his motivation.

hopeless in Cville ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Undocumented immigrants have prosperous careers 25 min spud 39
News UN agency reports large gender gaps across glob... 1 hr INSULTING THE PRO... 247
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr Responsibility 8,195
News Residents Fight to Keep Dunkin' Donuts Out of N... 5 hr Deesbizz 1
News Abortion fight stalls Obama nominee 12 hr serfs up 13
News Fallout from North Carolina LGBT law worries sm... 22 hr Curmudgeon Patrol 1
News The Latest: With sentencing Hastert loses teach... Wed Three Days 1
More from around the web