A self directed Individual Retirement...

A self directed Individual Retirement Account

Posted in the 401K Forum

Since: May 08

Bangkok, Thailand

#1 Aug 22, 2009
A self directed Individual Retirement Account is an IRA that requires the account owner to make investment decisions and investments on behalf of the retirement misdirected IRAs, by allowing a wide range of investment choices, improve the account owner's opportunities to diversify their IRA portfolio. Some investments, such as life insurance or collectibles as defined by the Internal Revenue Service, are not permitted in IRA. Also, if real estate or any other investment asset held in a self directed IRA has been employed for personal use, or to gain any other personal benefit (other than a return for the IRA), in the view of the IRS or the Department of Labor, the IRA may become immediately taxable. In addition, if the IRA owner is younger than 59 1/2, the IRA will be subject to an early withdrawal penalty of 10%.Therefore, those interested in self directed IRAs should seek education offered by an unbiased source.
The rest is also found in http://my-fidelity-401k.blogspot.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

401K Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
401k info please! Mar '18 Doones 1
Empower 401k after divorce Feb '18 divorceHeadaches 1
News Lives in limbo as workers, residents await casi... (Jun '07) Feb '18 Choking 3
401K for self employed but married filing jointly Feb '18 NewTo401K 1
What happens when you'll retire? Jan '18 remoz 1
401K distributed now former employer wants thei... (Nov '17) Nov '17 Distressed 1
401k loan (Nov '17) Nov '17 Mama 1