Mike Story indicted by grand jury

Mike Story indicted by grand jury

There are 30 comments on the Seguin Gazette-Enterprise story from Dec 11, 2007, titled Mike Story indicted by grand jury. In it, Seguin Gazette-Enterprise reports that:

“There's nothing we can say about this at this point”

A prominent Seguin businessman has been indicted on charges that could send him to prison for the rest of his life. via Seguin Gazette-Enterprise

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seguin Gazette-Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
seguintx

Round Rock, TX

#1 Dec 11, 2007
How does someone get themselves into something like this?
Manuel

Westfield, IN

#2 Dec 12, 2007
Easy. The man bit off more than he could chew. I said it then, and I say it now. He was overly ambitious, arrogant, and he didn't care who he screwed over. Now Karma has decided to cash in his debt that he owes to all that he has hurt in the process. I feel bad for all of the people affected by this situation.
ebby

New Braunfels, TX

#3 Dec 13, 2007
It is sad. He is a good person and helped a lot of people through the years. He also did a lot of charity work and was involved in many projects around the city. He tried to keep things together as long as he could but in the long run the mistakes he made will be costly to him.
Jack

Austin, TX

#4 Jan 18, 2008
ebby wrote:
It is sad. He is a good person and helped a lot of people through the years. He also did a lot of charity work and was involved in many projects around the city. He tried to keep things together as long as he could but in the long run the mistakes he made will be costly to him.
What charity was he invovled with?
Bill

New Bedford, MA

#5 Apr 1, 2008
Mike Story was a racist and a crook, he got exactly what he deserved. Maybe a visit to TDCJ will get him closer to god. What goes around comes around. I feel sorry for his family, but Mike has played God way too long. I hope his ego will fit in a 8x10 cell. Good luck
Sarah

Midlothian, TX

#6 Apr 22, 2008
How do you know Mike Story???
Bill wrote:
Mike Story was a racist and a crook, he got exactly what he deserved. Maybe a visit to TDCJ will get him closer to god. What goes around comes around. I feel sorry for his family, but Mike has played God way too long. I hope his ego will fit in a 8x10 cell. Good luck
ebby

New Braunfels, TX

#7 May 7, 2008
Racist!?!?! You must not know Mike well.
Tiger Dallas Texas

New Braunfels, TX

#8 May 7, 2008
Don't feel sorry for the family either, they spent more than he was making ask FCB they know how many hot checks they had to cover from the Family!!!!!
SportyFem

New Braunfels, TX

#9 May 7, 2008
Mike did wrong but he does not deserve life in prison when there are plenty of child molestors and rapists that easily get off w/serving minimal jail time!
Red

New Braunfels, TX

#10 May 28, 2008
His charity work was just the "rub elbows" with good people. I believe it was well thought out on his part and will be interested to see how it ends.
single mom

United States

#11 Jun 1, 2008
SportyFem wrote:
Mike did wrong but he does not deserve life in prison when there are plenty of child molestors and rapists that easily get off w/serving minimal jail time!
Really you are comparing apples to oranges here,yes I agree with your statement about sex crimes and the lack of proper punishment but Mike Story has devastated the lives of hard working people and their families. Attempting to deter attention away from mike story and his alleged actions is probably b/c you have a personal relationship with him.... your biased opinion is understandable but it’s keeping you from seeing the whole issue. That being Mike Story and the SUM of his actions, try looking at this alleged crime thru the eyes of a single mother that lost ALL of her 401 k and her job. Mike story lost his business but he still gets to keep his house and it seems he still has supporters who have faith in his innocence, who is advocating for all the faithful employees that lost so much? Remember mike is NOT the victim here! All his former employees and their families are the ones that deserve sympathy! Not mike story.
whatcha want

United States

#12 Jun 5, 2008
single mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Really you are comparing apples to oranges here,yes I agree with your statement about sex crimes and the lack of proper punishment but Mike Story has devastated the lives of hard working people and their families. Attempting to deter attention away from mike story and his alleged actions is probably b/c you have a personal relationship with him.... your biased opinion is understandable but it’s keeping you from seeing the whole issue. That being Mike Story and the SUM of his actions, try looking at this alleged crime thru the eyes of a single mother that lost ALL of her 401 k and her job. Mike story lost his business but he still gets to keep his house and it seems he still has supporters who have faith in his innocence, who is advocating for all the faithful employees that lost so much? Remember mike is NOT the victim here! All his former employees and their families are the ones that deserve sympathy! Not mike story.
Trust me, I am not a Mike Story advocate or supproter. I know him very well and worked for him for a long, long, long time. But, you are not familar with te case or Mike story, are you?...but he still gets to keep his house and it seems he still has supporters who have faith in his innocence...
SportyFem

New Braunfels, TX

#13 Jun 10, 2008
single mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Just FYI...I was a faithful employee of Mike Story and I did lose a lot, so I am not seeing this from the eyes of a bystander. I am also not saying that he is innocent and deserves no punishment, I just think that life in prison is a little harsh for a non-violent crime. Also, it doesn't seem that you are knowledgeable in this case; Mike did lose his house, cars, etc. along w/the business.
Tiger Dallas Texas

New Braunfels, TX

#14 Jun 10, 2008
Red wrote:
His charity work was just the "rub elbows" with good people. I believe it was well thought out on his part and will be interested to see how it ends.

With good people Ha, his partners stabbed him in the back. The trials will prove that. Believe me there are more people involved with this case. Everyone knows it in this town. One man did not commit this kind of crime by himself. Turn yourself in good people business owners!!!!! Rubbing elbows with the attorney general wont help you.
single mom

United States

#15 Jun 15, 2008
SportyFem wrote:
<quoted text>
Just FYI...I was a faithful employee of Mike Story and I did lose a lot, so I am not seeing this from the eyes of a bystander. I am also not saying that he is innocent and deserves no punishment, I just think that life in prison is a little harsh for a non-violent crime. Also, it doesn't seem that you are knowledgeable in this case; Mike did lose his house, cars, etc. along w/the business.
If a person if found guilty of a crime, they are subject to punishment, Mike has only been charged and not found guilty in a court of law. But you yourself said you worked for him and you lost a lot. Why do you support the idea that prison is not a fair punishment if he is found guilty? Why support a man that blatantly caused you misfortune? He is obviously a smart man: ergo he knows that one must abide by the law, and that if a crime is committed you must face the consequence. I agree that sexual predators deserve a much harsher punishment but I also believe that Mike if found guilty should be subject to the punishment that is due. More over with good behavior and a great attorney (which he has) he’ll be out in not time. FYI our justice system is by no means great, and there are many things I think should change as well, so if you feel this way about all non violent crimes committed why not do something about all the nonviolent criminals sitting in jail. Or do you just feel empathy to Mike because you know him personally. Again maybe the punishment is harsh but that argument is WAAAYYYYY bigger than Mike Story.
Robert from Tyler

Mineola, TX

#16 Jul 30, 2008
Mike did basically the same thing in Tyler before being run out of town. He was able to pass the buck to others and escape legal action. But he ruined many lives here, including the banker he duped, not counting partners, friends, employees, etc. He was an arrogant big shot who failed to learn lessons.
John from Dallas

United States

#17 Aug 14, 2008
This man has been known as a crook in newspaper an publishinhg circles for years. he has lied and cheated his way through life. He was fired from every employer he had, took off on his own and managed to con Seguin, his employees and many citizens.

When he dies, they will have to screw him into the ground.
Planoboy

United States

#18 Aug 14, 2008
Ask anyone who worked with Mike in Plano about his ethics. He is the worst snake in the grass. Been doing it for years, just got caught now.
dude123

Austin, TX

#19 Aug 19, 2008
Does anyone know when the trial will be?

Since: Sep 08

United States

#20 Sep 29, 2008
Has anyone checked to see how many times Mike Story has filed for bankruptcy? I know he filed when he lived in the Dallas area and left a lot of former friends and associates holding the bag. He's created disasters everywhere he's been for as long as I've know him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

401K Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Early 401K withdrawal for a home downpayment. Aug '17 sjkaye1998 1
Vesting & Rollover Jul '17 techguy 1
Question on 401k Jul '17 Tom 1
I can't rollover my 401K Jun '17 djrock 2
Distribution Costs May '17 pairunoyd 1
What is the Nikkei 225? Apr '17 deniharris 2
401k canceled Apr '17 Spring-e 1
More from around the web