How Does Your 401k Plan Stack Up?

How Does Your 401k Plan Stack Up?

There are 2 comments on the Seeking Alpha story from Mar 12, 2009, titled How Does Your 401k Plan Stack Up?. In it, Seeking Alpha reports that:

Over the past few months I've fielded more questions than usual regarding overhauling 401k plans and switching providers outright.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seeking Alpha.

Russ

York, PA

#1 Mar 13, 2009
Worked for the same company for 27 years. Ever since the 401K was started , retirees were paid off of the year end statement. I put in for my retirement as sson as I received my statement and 2 days later the company said they're changing the rules and will pay on the most recent statement prior to a request. This cost me $ 10K.
Is it legal to do this without any notice to the employee?
Janie Graham

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Dec 8, 2011
Are companies required to offer a 401k plan to their employees? If not, how does someone save up for retirement? Is there a fun they can put money into? http://www.mysolo401k.net/Solo-401k-plan.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

401K Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
King Size Solid Wood Bed Frame Jun 22 sonofgod58 1
Stock Options that need to be purchased (vs. ex... May '16 JAMS10 1
401k withdrawal for home purchase May '16 Rayj00 2
Paying Off 401K Loan With 401K Withdrawal? May '16 Rayj00 1
$TKAT Created a stock exchange for ART!! Apr '16 johnsrabon 1
Im fascinated wth this $QBIO interview Apr '16 lyte0ne 1
Primary Home Purchase Apr '16 Jmhimmel 1
More from around the web