ConAgra reaches $4 million settlement...

ConAgra reaches $4 million settlement over lawsuits

There are 25 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Jul 28, 2007, titled ConAgra reaches $4 million settlement over lawsuits. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

ConAgra Foods Inc. and an insurer have agreed to pay a total of $4 million to settle three lawsuits over restated earnings, the company said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
me myself and I

United States

#1 Jul 28, 2007
So they screw their employees all the way! hire illegal to take their place, Cheat you out of your retirement! You sure this was was ConAgra and not Qwest? I guess thr first part of the name says it all CON Agra!
me myself and I

United States

#2 Jul 28, 2007
Spelling correction!

So they screw their employees all the way! hire illegal to take their place, Cheat you out of your retirement! You sure this was was ConAgra and not Qwest? I guess the first part of the name says it all CON Agra!
Joe Republican

Livingston, MT

#3 Jul 28, 2007
As a staunch Republican AND a CEO,I feel that a Corporation should be able to hire/FIRE anybody at will,and minimum wage should be lowered so the CEO and the Corporation can prosper!!!
Shirely GRC

Denver, CO

#6 Jul 30, 2007
Seems a lot of companies during this time frame 1999 - 2002 thought they could cheat their employee and retiree's out of what was rightfully theirs by cooking the books or selling off stock like Joe Nacchio did at Qwest and the guys at Enron. I wonder if these guys had the same Havard Law professor because it seems a lot of wrong doing came at the same time. Makes one think. Well, at least the SEC is looking real hard at companies that take advantage of their employees and retirees.
just me

Dallas, TX

#8 Aug 30, 2007
So these scumbags that tried to kill my husband with peanut butter are also pulling the ol' Enron crappola too?????? I just thought I was pissed. Now hoping my attornies are going for the jugular big time. I WAS willing to accept the fact that mistakes do happen. Not now, no way.........wish us luck
pam oninsp

Chehalis, WA

#9 Sep 17, 2007
I am also fighting conagra, its been a four year balttle. I worked at a plant in nevada where weve had several sick people.a few ended upo on life suppport, teeth falling out, lesions on the brain and lungs. This is a terriable company to work for,they dont care about their workers, at one time I was the only white laborer. Good luck to all you workers .Fight back and dont give up
AZ State Alumni

Denver, CO

#10 Sep 17, 2007
Joe Republican wrote:
As a staunch Republican AND a CEO,I feel that a Corporation should be able to hire/FIRE anybody at will,and minimum wage should be lowered so the CEO and the Corporation can prosper!!!
Here Here!
My 1-800 Customer service hotlines is in India.
It's cheaper and it's hard for the customer to complain when my phone people over there are annoyingly polite.
AZ State Alumni

Denver, CO

#11 Sep 17, 2007
Spelling correction, are
amy

AOL

#12 Sep 27, 2007
I worked in the marion ohio plant.I also have breathing problems maybe more.The point is they knew and they should gave people the choice they didn't so the need to pay.Alot of people would of work there but some care if they see their grand children.All these college grad and they dont care or just their just stupied.I hope the have shut down so they can pay what they need to.F us f them.
pam onioninspector

Chehalis, WA

#13 Oct 16, 2007
if you worked for conagra and have breathing problems,bone or muscles deteriation, seisures, or any other kind of health problem e-mail me at jakebrinkly9@hotmail.com
pat

United States

#14 Nov 1, 2007
lawsuit,what about the lawsuit over pete pan ,people die. we buy the pete pan for years make them money. we get sick so the hell with us. no more pete pan every.paid all the other big lawsuit, but for get about us who made all the money the year for them. i eat pete pan for 40 years. no more......
patricia

United States

#15 Jan 24, 2009
LAWSUIT FOR DOG SETTLEMENT, WHAT ABOUT US PEOPLE GOT SICK SICK FROM PETER PAN ,CONAGRA I NOT A DOG BUT I WAS SICK AS A DOG, YOU NEED TO SETTLE IT NOT RIGHT IT BEEN TWO YEARS.
Myra

AOL

#17 Jan 29, 2009
I was deadly ill from peter pan peanut butter in 2006 was forced to resign my job , still have stomach,and urin problems and will probably, untill I die , ate peter pan for 65+ years , I am a 77 years old widow , the Mayor I worked for will not give me a reference , he was so angry I was unable to work and left my job so suddenly because I was so sick , Con Agra refuses to settle my case , they are probably waiting for me to die but I am going to live to be over 100 just for the h--- of it .
Marty Luther Koon

Fort Lupton, CO

#18 Jan 29, 2009
Myra wrote:
I was deadly ill from peter pan peanut butter in 2006 was forced to resign my job , still have stomach,and urin problems and will probably, untill I die , ate peter pan for 65+ years , I am a 77 years old widow , the Mayor I worked for will not give me a reference , he was so angry I was unable to work and left my job so suddenly because I was so sick , Con Agra refuses to settle my case , they are probably waiting for me to die but I am going to live to be over 100 just for the h--- of it .
Thats some bad acting dipshit, better go to a better school.
Harv Mercy

Marshall, MN

#19 Jan 29, 2009
Myra wrote:
Just curious ... did your husband die of peanut butter?

Harv
Marty Luther Koon

Greeley, CO

#21 Jan 30, 2009
Peanut butter is not as erotic as buttery flavored Mrs. Butterworth syrup. Nice and slickery and boy does it taste good.
amanda

Chicago, IL

#22 Jan 31, 2009
Hi my name is Mona, my mother died from the peanut butter. she was 70 years old and had been eating it everyday. for 2 months she conplained of stomach cramps and diahrea. she had it so bad she couldn't make it to the bathroom. we buried her on the 15th of feb. and we seen the re-call on the 16th. It not only killed her but my sister that is a professor business woman got sick as well she was single and my mom lived with her. My sister has been to 5 doctors and she has now lost her small business due to being so sick. We are angry about the fda and why haven't they did anything they knew about it in 2004 and did nothing now we have this other plant that has had the same scenio, but quess what! fda are launching a investigation and may file crimnal charges against them. If anyone that has worked there know anything or if you would like to email me your frustrations I would love to hear from you. mona.goodman@comcast.net

Since: Nov 07

AOL

#23 Feb 1, 2009
amanda wrote:
Hi my name is Mona, my mother died from the peanut butter. she was 70 years old and had been eating it everyday. for 2 months she conplained of stomach cramps and diahrea. she had it so bad she couldn't make it to the bathroom. we buried her on the 15th of feb. and we seen the re-call on the 16th. It not only killed her but my sister that is a professor business woman got sick as well she was single and my mom lived with her. My sister has been to 5 doctors and she has now lost her small business due to being so sick. We are angry about the fda and why haven't they did anything they knew about it in 2004 and did nothing now we have this other plant that has had the same scenio, but quess what! fda are launching a investigation and may file crimnal charges against them. If anyone that has worked there know anything or if you would like to email me your frustrations I would love to hear from you. mona.goodman@comcast.net
Amanda/Mona (whatever name you are using today),

This was a thread about ConAgra and lawsuits over mis-stated earnings. Not product liability. The (allegedly filthy) production plant in Georgia
that the recent salmonella outbreak has been traced to is owned by Peanut Corporation of America, not ConAgra.

After reading the peanut butter bashing posts, I'm wondering if PBJ's cause brain damage ? It's sad when Marty is posting the most articulate comments on a thread.

Provocateur

Half Moon Bay, CA

#24 Feb 23, 2009
I thought you folks were just mean to me but seeing your glaring topical history. The 2 of you wouldn't know articulate if it bit you.
JBH

Dallas, TX

#25 Mar 18, 2009
I was going thru chemo and radiation therpy from Breast Cancer in 2006 when I starting getting really sick in November and December. I completed my radiation on 12-12-06 and wound up in the hospital on 12-14-06 with severe stomach cramps, bone cramps, diarria, and could barely walk. I found out about the re-call on my local station in February of 2007. Thank goodness I still had both jars of the 2111 recalled peanut butter. I immediately contacted a Lawyer and it has been 2 years since this all stated. I have sent all my medical bills, etc to the courts in Georga under Judge Thomas Trash and Jenkins & Jenkins, but to the day, I still have no news on the progress of the settlement talks with Conagra Foods, Inc.- I also had two un-necessary operations due to this poisoning. Wouldn't it be wonderful it they (Conagra) would step up to the plate and take responsibility for their actions.*Yea Right - not it this day and time. It takes a slew of lawyers to make things right (hopefully) this will be over sometime this year (it's 2009 guys) lets get this thing going and over with so we all can get on with our lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

401K Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AIF Designation Jun '15 JKPC2015 1
Bitcoin Investment - Invest 10 btc Return 80 bt... (Dec '14) May '15 dagahhf 2
Do You Have Enough Money For Retirement? May '15 FreedomL 1
401k loan Apr '15 Jcaz 1
401K Tax question Feb '15 DZM 1
401k withdrawal Jan '15 buddy 1
Tax & Penalty when withdrawing (Nov '14) Nov '14 levyavi 1
More from around the web