Married Coon Rapids man accused of sc...

Married Coon Rapids man accused of scamming Altoona woman out of $1...

There are 47 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 25, 2010, titled Married Coon Rapids man accused of scamming Altoona woman out of $1.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Minnesota man is accused of bilking an Altoona woman of about $120,000 over a two-year period.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bulldog

Minneapolis, MN

#41 Jun 26, 2010
the guy worked hard for his money. they should make stupidity a crime and lock her up.
MN Guy

Anoka, MN

#42 Jun 27, 2010
I know him. He's the kind of guy that would stiff paying a 16
year old baby sitter. Worthless dog. 5 years in prison might
cure the gambling addiction too.

“Reality has a liberal bias.”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#43 Jun 28, 2010
MN Guy wrote:
I know him. He's the kind of guy that would stiff paying a 16
year old baby sitter. Worthless dog. 5 years in prison might
cure the gambling addiction too.
Yeah, cuz they don't have gambling in prison. Odds are is he will get in trouble in prison and get seriously messed up/killed/or locked in longer.
wow

Minneapolis, MN

#44 Jun 28, 2010
How can people get so stupid!!! 120,000 dollars really. Put her ass in jail!! He is a crook but if you are dumb thats your problen not his.
folkfawn

Saint Paul, MN

#45 Jul 4, 2010
This guy has been a crook for as long as I have known him, 20 years. I would still like Anoka county to look into his late wife's abrupt death when. She was scheuled to be released from the hospital the same day he brought her lunch. I would guess that he cannot sell his house to pay this woman back because there is no equity in the house. He refinanced the house several times before his late wife passed away.
folkfawn

Saint Paul, MN

#46 Jul 4, 2010
wisconsin wrote:
Ok. For starters this woman had been in only 1 long term previous relationship (over 25 yrs) when it ended and she became involved with this idiot. So, stupid? No. Naive? Yes. He saw it and he exploited it to the hilt. There is more to the story than is written here, as there usually is, so I certainly hope that none of you ever gets in a situation where public opinion of you revolves around a news story. No she isn't rich and neither is the family. The fact is, he took everything, everything she had on promises of marriage and family. He used every emotional blackmail opportunity he could think of on her, including telling her he had cancer. He even attempted to drag her family into it. And no, she's not the first or only one he has done this to. Fact is, there are rumors of at least 3 others in this same area. Why has he gone unpunished? BECAUSE OF IMBECILES LIKE ALL OF YOU MAKING THE COMMENTS THAT ARE MADE IN THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION. It took guts for her to press charges against him. It took guts for her to stand up to what she knew was going to be said about her, and I sincerely hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. This pathetic jerk had a wife and three children at home - and I don't see anyone complaining about what a loser he is!
I know how he operates! He has the gift of gab and making her feel sorry for him. She needs to be thankful that she got out of the relationship alive because his first wife wasn't so lucky. I hope and pray that all of the people that he has swindled over the years comes forward and he truly gets what is coming to him. I wish this woman and the others the best of luck. This took a lot for her to come forward.

“Reality has a liberal bias.”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#47 Jul 4, 2010
folkfawn wrote:
<quoted text>
This took a lot for her to come forward.
Don't sell him short though! He has spent a lifetime desensitizing himself to the feelings of other and learning to put his own gain over other. That doesn't happen overnight, that takes hard work and dedication. She just did one thing once. Not saying that it was easy to do, but it pales in comparison to the hardwork that that guy put into being a scummball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

401K Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
accountant Aug 9 sbanks 1
401(k) rollover to business - starting w/airbnb? Jul '16 randnday 1
King Size Solid Wood Bed Frame Jun '16 sonofgod58 1
Stock Options that need to be purchased (vs. ex... May '16 JAMS10 1
401k withdrawal for home purchase May '16 Rayj00 2
Paying Off 401K Loan With 401K Withdrawal? May '16 Rayj00 1
$TKAT Created a stock exchange for ART!! Apr '16 johnsrabon 1
More from around the web