Cameron

Provo, UT

#1 Apr 12, 2011
Hi All,
I recently took at new job last November. My old 401K is sitting there with no contributions.(It is still growing at an alright rate) Its with John Hancock Pensions.(Roughly 23K). I keep thinking I need to roll it over to a Roth or something, but am completely clueless. We recently rolled my wifes old 401K over to a IRA with Chase Bank, and its not really producing, so I wanted to do this myself but have no idea what to do. Need some help and advice.
Thanks
John

Los Altos, CA

#2 May 10, 2011
You might want to do the following

1). compare your old 401K investment options with the new one's. Check out MyPlanIQ's rollover helper that rates both of your plans and see which one is better (in terms of diversification, fund quality etc.) http://www.myplaniq.com/LTISystem/f401k_showp...

2). Look at some discount brokerages such as Schwab, TD Ameritrade and roll over your 401K to an IRA there and then invest using their mutual funds or commission free ETFs. Check out some of commission free ETF portfolios offered by MyPlanIQ.com ( http://www.myplaniq.com/LTISystem/f401k__ira_... )

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

401K Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
401k Contribution Question Sep '14 TadTolouse 1
7 On Your Side: Employees say Va. company withh... Aug '14 Interested 1
Does Your Business Need a 'Retirement Plan'? (Dec '13) Jun '14 Anonymous 5
Take advantage of company match and withdraw ea... (May '13) May '14 coralyn7 3
Tips for a financial lifetime (Apr '08) May '14 coralyn7 3
Gold IRA Rollover - Securing your investment po... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Audun Holme 1
Anti-abortion company Hobby Lobby invests in co... (Apr '14) Apr '14 godless by choice 1

401K People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE