Your View: Letters to the editor (Oct...

Your View: Letters to the editor (Oct. 3)

There are 3 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Oct 4, 2010, titled Your View: Letters to the editor (Oct. 3). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

It appears that the people in Las Cruces and Dona Ana County cannot seem to get their act together when it comes to getting serious about having their pets spayed and neutered.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Hemingway

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Oct 4, 2010
Mr. Jim Wessels has no idea what he is writing about regarding S.B. 3760. Here is a summary of the bill.

http://www.retirementmadesimpler.org/Library/...

Sorry - Mr. Wessels' letter is a lot of claptrap!
LC Today

AOL

#2 Oct 4, 2010
JEFF DENNIS....you failed to mention in your letter that Harry Teague definitely voted against Obama's 800 billion dollar health care reform bill, and that alone makes it worth while to vote him back into office.

Pearce was there once before and didn't do a damned thing to help anyone around here.
Think about it

AOL

#3 Oct 6, 2010
"Climate has to do with Milankovitch cycles (Earth's relationship to its solar system and its axis of rotation), volcanoes, plate tectonics, mid-ocean ridges, carbon dioxide, methane, and oxides of nitrogen and sulfur, continental drift, ocean currents and the relationships between the atmosphere, biosphere, hydrosphere and lithosphere. Climate scientists have to be knowledgeable about Earth history, geology, chemistry, physics, mathematics and astronomy.

I don't mean to disparage atmospheric science because there are many well educated and erudite atmospheric scientists in research and academia and with government agencies and many of them have perhaps educated themselves about global warming. But to imply that being an atmospheric scientist means one is competent to judge whether global warming is occurring or not is dishonest. It is in the same category as implying that Fox News is objective, Sarah Palin is qualified to be president, Rush Limbaugh is honest, and Glenn Beck is the latter day Adam Smith.

G. THOMAS FARMER, Ph.D."

What about solar impact. Does the sun not have anything to do with climate? We have just experienced, the last half of the 20th century, the highest levels of solar activity in the last 400 years, and by some estimations, in the top 10% of solar activity for the entire Holocene.

Would not an increase in solar activity have an impact on climate?

From above: "I don't mean to disparage atmospheric science" ..... but I'm going to any way because I have nothing more to defend my position.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas found where? In the atmosphere. The question is whether or not CO2 can/will/has had an impact on climate. Since the only place CO2 could possibly have an impact on climate is in the atmosphere, then atmospheric scientists would be the best for determining that impact, if any.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

401K Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
401k info please! Mar '18 Doones 1
Empower 401k after divorce Feb '18 divorceHeadaches 1
News Lives in limbo as workers, residents await casi... (Jun '07) Feb '18 Choking 3
401K for self employed but married filing jointly Feb '18 NewTo401K 1
What happens when you'll retire? Jan '18 remoz 1
401K distributed now former employer wants thei... Nov '17 Distressed 1
401k loan Nov '17 Mama 1