Where to invest for retirement

Where to invest for retirement

There are 7 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Nov 14, 2010, titled Where to invest for retirement. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

In previous articles, we explained how to estimate the amount you'll spend each year once you stop working, and the size of the nest egg you'll need to support that spending.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Simplistic

Westford, MA

#1 Nov 15, 2010
This is a simple article that's been written a thousand times in thousands of financial journals.

What's your answer to the harder question of what I, as a 40 something who has had a 401k and other retirement savings since my mid 20s,can do to recoup years of lost savings due to the crashes between 2000 and 2008?
KarenFastSeo

Orlando, FL

#4 Apr 8, 2011
I found a great site http://www.thoughts.com/retirementincome , which is an option for anybody interested in making serious money way after their retirement or before.
beam me up already

Seattle, WA

#5 Apr 10, 2011
Well investing is great and all, but wha tif you have nothing to invest? Gotta start putting away money, even if it's only a little bit. I really need to take my own advice... Everyone makes [url=http://www.retirement-sav ings-calculator.org]saving for retirement[/url] sound so easy, but it's hard enough making it day by day. Sorry to be so glum, must be the weather. Good luck to all!
Dave

Pasadena, CA

#6 May 4, 2011
I absolutely agree. Check out something completely new, Retirement Revolution. They are completely changing how a 401k can be managed....

http://bit.ly/401k-plans
John

Los Altos, CA

#7 May 10, 2011
Two major problems facing many people:

1). not enough money to invest

2). no effective way to achieve reasonable returns: look at the last two major bear markets.

To solve the first one, save, save, save and plan, plan, plan!

For the second question, use proven asset allocation models:

a). diversification
b). select good funds
c). avoid big loss during market stress

MyPlanIQ.com provides solutions that are worth checking out.

Since: Apr 11

Kolkata, India

#8 May 11, 2011
Hello,

Thanks to your future planning. I think if you are a service holder, It is also a good idea to invest some money outside of a retirement plan. There are no restrictions on those investments at all and long-term capital gains are taxed at advantageous tax rates.

Thanks lot
Sean Kingston
( ws-ibank.com )
Christian Diaz

United States

#9 May 24, 2011
Simplistic wrote:
This is a simple article that's been written a thousand times in thousands of financial journals.
What's your answer to the harder question of what I, as a 40 something who has had a 401k and other retirement savings since my mid 20s,can do to recoup years of lost savings due to the crashes between 2000 and 2008?
Im a 27 year old man in California. I recently joined a financial firm named World Financial Group. And I also recently got a plan through them called a G.I.U.L. Its a Life Insurance/Retirement. Let me tell you, its a great plan to have in your life. They can also use your 401k in whats called a rollover into an annuity where your money can continue to grow. And actually grow and not crash. What city and state do you live in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

401K Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Distribution Costs May '17 pairunoyd 1
What is the Nikkei 225? Apr '17 deniharris 2
401k canceled Apr '17 Spring-e 1
What is the Wilshire 5000 Index? Apr '17 matthet17 2
What is the S&P 500? Apr '17 jamessm246 3
What is the Russell 2000 Index? Apr '17 jamessm246 3
What is the NASDAQ? Apr '17 jamessm246 2
More from around the web