Your 401K Match Just Got Axed; Now What?

Your 401K Match Just Got Axed; Now What?

There are 1 comment on the TheStreet.com story from Jan 6, 2012, titled Your 401K Match Just Got Axed; Now What?. In it, TheStreet.com reports that:

CEO Indra Nooyi is considering eliminating the company's matching contribution to employee 401K retirement accounts, as well as 4,000 layoffs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheStreet.com.

Booduh king

Denver, CO

#1 Jan 7, 2012
Screw the 401 k. Bring back the defined benefit of a pension. I prefer Ira Rothschild over 401 Kodak . Pun. Yet relevant. Here's the best way I know to save for old age. 1. Buy a house, one you can afford as easily as possible. ( think 2 bedroom ) 2. Pay it off in 10- 15 years if you can, but a 30 year loan is acceptable too. 3. Bank one hour of your pay per day x's 7 days per week. Cant afford that, then do half or even a quarter of that. Put it in a index fund or anything that pays dividends, or even a C.D. Account. Think conservative. If your young, compounding interest will make your money serve you better.4. If you have a credit card, start another savings account that's sole purpose is to keep that credit card balance at $100 or less. ( you become your own creditor.) 5. Don't think about marriage or having a kid until your 30 plus. 6. Learn about the philosophy of Objectivism. Sure it's selfish but in my opinion, economically only the young, old and the disabled are entitled to entitlements. 7. Set a reachable age ,say 50. That you want to be retired or semi retired and shoot for it. You may reach it at 49 or 51. But as you get close to that age, and if your on track it really does change your perspective. You become less subjective to life. That's it. Also read the 7 laws of money , and rich dad poor dad, has some great tips too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

401K Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lives in limbo as workers, residents await casi... (Jun '07) Feb 6 Choking 3
401K for self employed but married filing jointly Feb 3 NewTo401K 1
What happens when you'll retire? Jan '18 remoz 1
401K distributed now former employer wants thei... Nov '17 Distressed 1
401k loan Nov '17 Mama 1
Early 401K withdrawal for a home downpayment. (Aug '17) Aug '17 sjkaye1998 1
Vesting & Rollover (Jul '17) Jul '17 techguy 1
More from around the web