Missouri State Workers Angry Over Savings Plan Cuts

Full story: Fox4KC 10
Some state workers in Missouri are upset over cuts to their state worker savings plans, especially after they learned that at least one state agency is paying up to $1.5 million bonuses to their top employees. Read more
Bear

Aurora, MO

#1 Feb 11, 2010
This is MO and the state is poor. The state is all about farming. I would relocate and get the heck out of this pss poor state. The problem with most of the homesteaders are afraid to adventure. There are so many places better than MO, with better pay and MORE money.

I had the chance and enjoyed that time and plan on doing it again. No worry about tornadoes EVERY year that tears houses off their fondations. The people just rebuild and wait for the next time. Mor&ns!
Cant wait to leave

Omaha, NE

#2 Feb 11, 2010
I came to MO back in the early 90's because I was able to make a better living then. Now I am in the process of moving out of state for better pay, as well as benefits.
benn there done that

Glenwood, IA

#3 Feb 11, 2010
When will someone do away with these insane bonus plans that are going straight into the top management pockets at the expense of the workers. I and 14 of my fellow coworkers were laid off from a job I worked for 10 years. I was told they had to cut overhead. Oddly enough, they still managed to pay themselves bonuses for the year. Explain that to me. I lost my job because the GM didn't want to do without his bonus for the year. Stop the insanity! If we don't get a handle on the corporate greed we will never rebound from this debacle we have put ourselves into.
John

United States

#4 Feb 11, 2010
Of course MoDot has money laying around. Have you seen the road system in MO? What kind of performance are they paying for? The roads are terrible and they've been terrible for years. Fix the highways and streets and then if you have any money left over pay your bonuses.
steve

Vancouver, WA

#5 Feb 12, 2010
I don't know about the bonuses, but if the deffered comp cut will keep state employees in their jobs, I'm all for it. Let's see what happens in July regarding layoffs!!!
tom potter

United States

#6 Feb 13, 2010
Their performance bonus should be they are allowed to keep their jobs if they do their jobs. I'm sure, with high unemployment, there would be no problem in filling those jobs that become vacant because they didn't perform at an acceptable level. With other State employees getting no raises this was a poor choice that the upper DOT management made, no matter where they get their money from.
stealth

United States

#7 Feb 21, 2010
Bear wrote:
This is MO and the state is poor. The state is all about farming. I would relocate and get the heck out of this pss poor state. The problem with most of the homesteaders are afraid to adventure. There are so many places better than MO, with better pay and MORE money.
I had the chance and enjoyed that time and plan on doing it again. No worry about tornadoes EVERY year that tears houses off their fondations. The people just rebuild and wait for the next time. Mor&ns!
Lived in California or Las Vegas lately? Giver a try we don't want you in our farm community. In fact, just get the hell out of Missouri. We don't want you here.
Waste

Jefferson City, MO

#8 Feb 24, 2010
Whe is the law makes going to realize MODOT has more money than what they know how spend it. They are alway crying they have no money for roads, but they have money for bonus's. % years ago they spent $40,000 a mile to install force sewer mains at their county sheds that were all located at least 5 miles from any city. They could have built lagoons for a fraction of those costs.
Top Savings Plan

New Delhi, India

#9 May 4, 2010
"I don't couple if the veritable say missy would understand that discrimination," said Luebbering, who says that the deciding is statesman layoffs in component to the 1,800 positions the posit has cut already. "I realize their occupy but the realism is that we know a real strict budget shortfall, revenue shortfall in our country gross income money."
----------
ruthallen
Rick Farmer

Columbia, MO

#10 Jun 29, 2010
I get tried hearing about the poor Mo. State workers--They should be happy to make $7.25 a hr. I was a car salesmen and was disappointed that I lost most of my $50,000 a year commissions.
The 3700 Ford high paying jobs must be saved,and State employee's must be understanding to take big cuts from their huge salaries!--??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

401K Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
401K Tax question Feb '15 DZM 1
401k withdrawal Jan '15 buddy 1
Bitcoin Investment - Invest 10 btc Return 80 bt... Dec '14 besthyip 1
Tax & Penalty when withdrawing Nov '14 levyavi 1
401k loan repayment by employer Nov '14 SmittyK 1
401k Contribution Question (Sep '14) Sep '14 TadTolouse 1
News 7 On Your Side: Employees say Va. company withh... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Interested 1
More from around the web