City of Vacaville: Keep drains clear ...

City of Vacaville: Keep drains clear of leaves, debris

There are 12 comments on the The Reporter story from Nov 19, 2009, titled City of Vacaville: Keep drains clear of leaves, debris. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Many trees in Vacaville have lost their leaves, so residents are asked to keep their lawns tidy and streets and storm drains free of debris.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#1 Nov 19, 2009
It's the homeowners' responsibility to take care of the landscaping on their property, but leaves that fall in the street and end up in the gutter, clogging up the catch basins, in the CITY'S responsibility, NOT the homeowners'. They need to get those PW crews and street sweepers out there a little more often than they do now.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 19, 2009
I clean my curb area Emjoe. It's no big deal. It's part of my yard boy's weekly check list.
joe

Vacaville, CA

#3 Nov 19, 2009
Back east in at least some places, where the total tax burden is about the same or less than CA, the City comes around on special leaf cleanup days and vacuums the leaves left by homeowners and inconsiderate trees out of the gutter. Oh, did I mention garbage pickup is paid out of taxes?

Here, for some reason, our taxes pay for highly paid people to tell us we need to put them in special garbage cans for their convenience.
Al Reine

United States

#4 Nov 19, 2009
Remember what happend three years ago during the Winter Storm ! Many city employees were off, and the rain, with the storm came, many citizens of Vacaville in Leisure Town, Nut Tree Road, and other city blocks were flooded, because the city was AOL !
searching

AOL

#5 Nov 19, 2009
joe, ask those people back east what their property tax and sales tax rates are. in many cases you will find they are higher than in california. after prop 13 many agencies had to cut back their programs. a little bit of effort by property owners to clean up leaves and trash would go a long way to keeping the drainage lines clear.

“Oblabla - You Lie”

Since: Jan 08

Richmond to Buddy

#6 Nov 20, 2009
Emjoe wrote:
It's the homeowners' responsibility to take care of the landscaping on their property, but leaves that fall in the street and end up in the gutter, clogging up the catch basins, in the CITY'S responsibility, NOT the homeowners'. They need to get those PW crews and street sweepers out there a little more often than they do now.
I agree, I clean the gutter area also but does the COV expect each homeowner to sweep their leaves from the middle of the street also? How about the homeowner who lives on a corner are they now repsonsible for keeping the Cities storm drain clear? My home was built in 1958 and guess what, part of the deal was each house was required by the COV to have a tree in the front yard. This article including its request is idiotic to say the least.
searching

AOL

#7 Nov 20, 2009
you're complaining because you have a tree? what about all the other benefits from the shade cooling your house, on-street parking, and yard (reducing your water consumption).
and just because the yard had to have a tree 1958 doesn't mean you have to keep it. if its so awful to pick up the leaves take it out.
with all the problems in the world what's the big deal about spending ten minutes to rake up some leaves.
Prodigal Son

San Francisco, CA

#8 Nov 20, 2009
I lived in Virginia for 6 years.

Property taxes: half what they are here.
Sales taxes: half what they are here.
Income taxes: half what they are here.

Services: twice as good as here.

Governance:
California: Democrat
Virginia: Republican

Rem probat.

“Oblabla - You Lie”

Since: Jan 08

Richmond to Buddy

#9 Nov 21, 2009
searching wrote:
you're complaining because you have a tree? what about all the other benefits from the shade cooling your house, on-street parking, and yard (reducing your water consumption).
and just because the yard had to have a tree 1958 doesn't mean you have to keep it. if its so awful to pick up the leaves take it out.
with all the problems in the world what's the big deal about spending ten minutes to rake up some leaves.
Where did I say I hate my tree or raking leaves moron, learn how to read. My comment is in regards with the COV idiotic requests. If you can't comprehend a few words maybe a picture should be drawn for you.
Peruano idiota

Springfield, MA

#10 Apr 20, 2010
Take the phone, call de police and tell them that the trees and the leaves are coca leaves and you want to dispose of them properly. All your neighbors will came to you house to ayudarte to dispose the leaves.
Peruano idiota

Springfield, MA

#11 Apr 20, 2010
They may take your ugly wife too. And since is disgusting looking you only have to be grateful for getting rid of you wife and the leaves.
peruano idiota y cornudo

Lynn, MA

#12 Apr 22, 2010
Yeah his life looks like an animal, like a ballena.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Totos, Peru Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trash collection Transition to Big O has some c... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Huachafo 8
News Why ordinances are necessary (Feb '10) Mar '10 Pendejo 25
News New trash bins in Bridgeport (Oct '08) Oct '08 Hiccup 9
More from around the web