Travel destinations: Peru

Travel destinations: Peru

There are 1 comment on the Helium story from Sep 19, 2008, titled Travel destinations: Peru. In it, Helium reports that:

Peru is a country of vast and amazing contrasts! From the stunning rolling breakers of the South Pacific Ocean to the rough, desolate but fascinating desert, hugging the coastline from North to South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Helium.

Alex

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jan 11, 2009
If you travel to Peru be prepared to bring cash US dollars. I was in Cuzco for 13 days this past Dec/08, and many merchants and restaurants are unwilling to take your credit card despite the fact that they have Visa and Mastercard signs at their entrances. Some charge you from 5, 10, or 20 percent, if you pay them with a credit card. Restaurants will tell you that their credit card machine is not working, when you ask for the check. They claim that the bank and government charge them a percentage.

When you arrive you will be charged about $6.05 something like 18.50 soles some kind of tax. When you leave Peru is about $32.50. YES thirty two and cents US dollars!!!!!!!!
In fact every time that you get on a plane there is a tax. If you travel with AA, your ticket includes this tax. But for others be advised about the tax.

Machu Picchu is very nice. Just bring a small bag pack or they won’t let you in. The travel agency did not tell me about this policy, and I brought a medium size bag pack. The man at the entrance was extremely rude and told that I had to take storage. Ohh and they charge you 3 soles to store your bag. The restrooms charge you 1 sol to use it.

Let me tell you. Spanish is my first language, so there were not language misunderstandings. I have traveled to many different places Asia, Europe, South & Central America. Peru had some beautiful archeological site, but I really don’t think that I would go back to this country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mancora, Peru Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Samana Chakra (Oct '11) Oct '11 Lauren 1
News Best place to surf in Ecuador/Peru? (Aug '07) Jul '11 Gringo 3
News Beachfront comfort food in Mancora, Peru (Jul '11) Jul '11 Grino Bizco 2
More from around the web