Tennis center starts construction

There are 6 comments on the Aug 16, 2011, SanLuisObispo.com story titled Tennis center starts construction. In it, SanLuisObispo.com reports that:

The tennis center is being constructed on 5 acres at 345 Championship Lane, off Theatre Drive in Templeton, according to a news release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SanLuisObispo.com.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 17, 2011
A parsonage.. Uh huh! interesting choise of words.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#2 Aug 17, 2011
Maravilla wrote:
A parsonage.. Uh huh! interesting choise of words.
Yes...strange. Also stating that there would be a Pastor's residence and garage? Huh?

Location hidden

#3 Aug 17, 2011
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...strange. Also stating that there would be a Pastor's residence and garage? Huh?
. Well, I do recall that one of the KH's had an apartment down stairs ..for the Overseer and his wife.. But, that changed when they started switching overseers each year.. That one was in Plattsburgh , new york.. a bunch of years ago.. Close to the Airforce base.. That has also left the area..

Since: Feb 07

RI

#4 Aug 17, 2011
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. Well, I do recall that one of the KH's had an apartment down stairs ..for the Overseer and his wife.. But, that changed when they started switching overseers each year.. That one was in Plattsburgh , new york.. a bunch of years ago.. Close to the Airforce base.. That has also left the area..
I know that some congregations did have a small apartment incorporated into the building--usually to serve as a place for the CO or a visiting Bethelite to stay.

That article, however, seemed to indicate that there would be a separate residence and garage built on the property, and that sounds really odd.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 17, 2011
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that some congregations did have a small apartment incorporated into the building--usually to serve as a place for the CO or a visiting Bethelite to stay.
That article, however, seemed to indicate that there would be a separate residence and garage built on the property, and that sounds really odd.
Yes.. it does.. at one time they stayed in the homes of some of the brothers and sisters.. and were fed by the cong. members. But then.. creature comforts ... became an issue....I can imagine that living like gypsys.. Kind of made a bunch of Marital issues.. And the last few I remember ..had food peferences.. tossed into the mix..
bethalite bummer

London, UK

#6 Aug 20, 2011
I left the Witnesses one year ago. I had risen through the ranks to bethel. I knew for some time that the little room in the Kingdom hall's was reserved for the visiting Bethalite to practice his sexual deviances. I knew that abuse was rife throughout 'the truth' but never expected it was compulsory. When I refused to have sex with a nine year old boy I was castigated by the visiting overseer. I was told that it was expected of me and that the Watchtower had a policy that all those who achieved a certain rank were expected to abuse minors, who may have been congregation members sons or daughters or just poor kids brought in from the streets on the false promise of a new future through salvation. It is difficult to expose this billion dollar cult and scam but I hope my blog in some small way has done so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paso Robles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LAPD in Paso Robles Apr 1 creepcreep 1
Poll Have you noticed the presents of gangs in Paso? (Nov '07) Apr 1 creepcreep 40
Cal Coast News Uncovers Police Corruption Mar 30 Guerin 2
NTF Informant Beaten in Jail Mar 30 Glenn 2
Poll Do you want to move to get away from Mexicans (Nov '07) Mar '15 ImNotMuchLongerFo... 19
News Reward offered in unsolved murder case (Oct '09) Mar '15 BrianGreer 10
Dan Swedlund Mar '15 sweetie 1
More from around the web

Paso Robles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]