'Anything possible,' Obama tells joyo...

'Anything possible,' Obama tells joyous crowd

There are 77 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 18, 2009, titled 'Anything possible,' Obama tells joyous crowd. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

Two days from the White House, President-elect Barack Obama joined a vast throng Sunday at a joyous pre-inauguration celebration staged among marble monuments to past heroes. "Anything is possible in America," declared the man who will confront economic crisis and two wars when he takes office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“more cowbell”

Since: Oct 08

Grand Prairie, TX

#1 Jan 18, 2009
Uh oh. "Anything possible"...? Obviously a code for Al-Qaeda sleeper cells! I guess he is getting ready to activate his Black Liberation Sociolist-Muslim Fundamentalist Armies of Darkness, eh? Better bury your cash and your kids in your back yard!

Im retired

Since: Dec 08

Lousiville

#3 Jan 18, 2009
You can even write off your kids trip too summer camp!

“Support Autism Awareness”

Maryland

#4 Jan 18, 2009
thebabbster wrote:
Uh oh. "Anything possible"...? Obviously a code for Al-Qaeda sleeper cells! I guess he is getting ready to activate his Black Liberation Sociolist-Muslim Fundamentalist Armies of Darkness, eh? Better bury your cash and your kids in your back yard!
Please do us a favor and bury yourself.

“EVOLUTION IS EXTINCTION”

Since: Aug 07

MARIETTA, GA

#5 Jan 18, 2009
'Anything possible,' Obama tells joyous crowd"

That's what we are afraid of!!!!!
wardog

Avon, IN

#6 Jan 18, 2009
just another politicion.... bush did the same thing

“more cowbell”

Grand Prairie, TX

#7 Jan 18, 2009
carmenforu wrote:
<quoted text>Please do us a favor and bury yourself.
Hey everyone! Look over here! Did you see the really cool way carmenforu buried me with that superior logic? Wow! I am crushed beneath your superiour intellect! Please don't say that again, I just can't take such harsh language! Lmao!

(incidentally, how do you support autism awareness and be a neocon at the same time?)

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#8 Jan 18, 2009
I am appalled at the expense of this inauguration.
As obscene as the vast amounts to pitch woo to the gullible, I am also amazed at the return of the same idiot savants who are supposedly going to remodel an economic formula that will make everything better.
Perhaps crack pipes should be distributed nationwide.

“more cowbell”

Grand Prairie, TX

#9 Jan 18, 2009
too droll to troll wrote:
I am appalled at the expense of this inauguration.
As obscene as the vast amounts to pitch woo to the gullible, I am also amazed at the return of the same idiot savants who are supposedly going to remodel an economic formula that will make everything better.
Perhaps crack pipes should be distributed nationwide.
Lmao! "Pitch woo"! That expression is ancient! I haven't heard that since my grandmother used it back when I was a kid.
Incidentally, I wonder how much of that amount for the inauguration was used to make his limosine. I'm pretty sure the Intelligence Services are fully aware of how the Right feels about Obama and what the Right would like to do about it. Thus: the limo.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#10 Jan 18, 2009
thebabbster wrote:
Partner, I think you smell the coffee, but can't find a cup.
Captain A

Tolleson, AZ

#11 Jan 18, 2009
Obama is Halve White...so he cant be the first black president
Captain A

Tolleson, AZ

#12 Jan 18, 2009
Where are they hiding his White family members?
Captain A

Tolleson, AZ

#13 Jan 18, 2009
Why was Obama totally raised by his White side of the Family. Why did the African side of his family abandon him? Do you know that Obama has no "slave" blood in him because his mother is White American and his father is African-African....there is no African American at all in him. If he was totally abandoned by the Black side of the family and totally raised by the white side...why dose he choose to try and be black? He went to White schools in Hawaii and White Ivy league collages and was living with his white family all his life untill then...so why if his whole life has been with whites and he is halve white himself dose he pretend that he is black African American. Mr Obama and the Media are lying to America, he is not the first Black president...at best hes an OREO. looks black on the outside but is White in the middle.
Muhammad

Penang, Malaysia

#14 Jan 18, 2009
Right, Captain A, lets talk about blood. The one blood he has is Muslim and that is why I have trust in him more than any president of the past - not that he has received my endorsement yet. We will see what he will do or say about Gaza or Israel - I'd give him a week for that.
jo jo

Anchorage, AK

#16 Jan 18, 2009
Anything possible ? I bet ! How about a chicken in every pot !!!!

“more cowbell”

Grand Prairie, TX

#17 Jan 18, 2009
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Partner, I think you smell the coffee, but can't find a cup.
You do know I was being sarcastic, right?
PenguinMan

Fremont, CA

#18 Jan 19, 2009
Anything Is Possible:

We can convert all out energy needs to solar using solar concentrator / collectors www.ausra.com (not solar cells, yet) It would take I believe around 50,000 square miles of desert and we will be free of oil. Everything will have to be electric though. It will be cheap and totally renewable and mean a total different economy, no big oil companies.

Then there is the question about EMF and how it effects us. I heard that cultures that were introduced to electricity, the next generation of people were taller. COuld be other factors.

Of course now the power companies will monopolize it. This happened in San Francisco when they they built their own hydro power plants for cheap electricity. Pacific Gas & Electric took it over and charges SF the same as everyone. This has been in court for 50 years now.

This is the kind of change we need.
www.LEDthings.com/overview

“Support Autism Awareness”

Maryland

#19 Jan 19, 2009
thebabbster wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey everyone! Look over here! Did you see the really cool way carmenforu buried me with that superior logic? Wow! I am crushed beneath your superiour intellect! Please don't say that again, I just can't take such harsh language! Lmao!
(incidentally, how do you support autism awareness and be a neocon at the same time?)
How do you support anything and be so ignorant. Hey look everyone..Babbster is stupid. By the way I'm laughing also.I'm laughing at you not with you.You would do us all a favor if you buried youself. Ha Ha Ha.
Oh by the way congrats on your new President,Barack Obama.(:

Since: Sep 07

Maumee, OH

#20 Jan 19, 2009
Captain A wrote:
Why was Obama totally raised by his White side of the Family. Why did the African side of his family abandon him? Do you know that Obama has no "slave" blood in him because his mother is White American and his father is African-African....there is no African American at all in him. If he was totally abandoned by the Black side of the family and totally raised by the white side...why dose he choose to try and be black? He went to White schools in Hawaii and White Ivy league collages and was living with his white family all his life untill then...so why if his whole life has been with whites and he is halve white himself dose he pretend that he is black African American. Mr Obama and the Media are lying to America, he is not the first Black president...at best hes an OREO. looks black on the outside but is White in the middle.
I going to show the holes in your point. If the was an APB for the capture of a light-skinned black man. Obama would be stopped and question. He will not be able to say "hey I'm not black" white society has set it up this way. Also don't let Ann Coulter be your frame of reference.

January 20th, 2009

Czech Republic

#21 Jan 19, 2009
Unsettlingly, Obama takes office as the most opaque of all Presidents, having so little of real substance to show for in his past. The flip-flopping stances, refusal to answer questions, and serial opportunism all point to someone whose main goal is to get elected to the next highest office- as one of his earlier associates noted “he was always running for something”.

Except for sheer arrogance, why does this man think he can lead the US to better times? His proposals, based on failed policies of the past, i.e. New Deal-style programs and a pacifist foreign policy based on appeasement- have no precedent of success in this, or any other, country.

Nothing since his nomination has changed my opinion of this teflon coated, inexperienced, unaccomplished (except for writing 2 self-absorbed books) political chameleon who was crowned by the media… and George Soros. On the contrary, there’s new red flags almost everyday. And, instead of the media checking out his association with felons like Blago, Rezko, etc, we get stories on how “cool” he is, his puppy-vetting process, and how he likes to play basketball.

http://reaganiterepublicanresistance.blogspot...
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#22 Jan 19, 2009
Reaganite Republican wrote:
Except for sheer arrogance, why does this man think he can lead the US to better times?
Reagan has gone, the repugrat party is almost gone (well in credibility) and millions voted for a man who has sheer confidence (you can call it arrogance if it makes you feel better) and those millions think he can "lead the US into better times"

As we have seen in the last eight years (no name calling here or put downs) we need a man with confidence (you call it arrogance if it makes you feel better) to lead us..

Let us see if he can lead us away from the path of the last eight years or down the same garden path of repugrat doom and gloom

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Monument Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Congress back from break with to-do list to kee... Apr 11 Tie Your Mother Down 3
News Will GOP accomplishments in Congress be enough ... Mar '18 Impeach the Creep 3
News Oversight panel seeks details on Interior's pri... Mar '18 Hostis Publicus 5
News Tea Party Rallies: 'Impeach Obama' (Sep '10) Sep '17 District10 2,535
News Crisp: Are Washington and Jefferson next? (Aug '17) Aug '17 C Kersey 1
News Gays for Trump leader organizing 'Free Speech' ... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Trump Meltdown 1
News Tax Day marches aim to pressure Trump to releas... (Apr '17) May '17 ONTG 312