Puzzled East Coasters: An Earthquake?...

Puzzled East Coasters: An Earthquake? No Way

There are 5 comments on the MSNBC story from Aug 24, 2011, titled Puzzled East Coasters: An Earthquake? No Way. In it, MSNBC reports that:

For a few minutes from Georgia to Maine, the question rang out: What was that? The answer - a rare East Coast earthquake, magnitude 5.8 - was far down on the list for most not used to the earth shaking beneath them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

Since: Aug 11

Evansville, IN

#1 Aug 24, 2011
only ones puzzled were the hillbillies in Virginia,west VA,Kentucky,I mean everybody!

Pikeville, KY

#2 Aug 24, 2011
Amazing that it was felt so strongly downtown since I was near there walking home and felt nothing. Maybe you needed to be in a building to feel the effects??

Eubank, KY

#3 Aug 26, 2011
I wonder how puzzled they are about the hurricane. It will probably do more damage than the earthquake.

London, KY

#4 Sep 8, 2011
i think this is just the bible fulfilling itself.

Pikeville, KY

#5 Sep 8, 2011
More then likely mother nature being, mother nature nothing to do with the bible sorry. Nothing will happen in Oct 21, 2011. Nothing will happen in Dec 21 2012. This time next year topix will still be here for anon flamers like me :p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Monument Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tea Party Rallies: 'Impeach Obama' (Sep '10) Jun '15 swedenforever 2,536
News 'Million Muslim March' just a few hundred (Sep '13) May '15 Mikey 24
News Angels in the Architecture (and Monument Scaffo... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Gray 1
News How the 'Selma' movie made Martin Luther King J... (Jan '15) Jan '15 fedupwiththemess 1
News Venezuela 'sham' resolution renews US scorn for... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News U.S. panel rejects changes to Washington skyline (Nov '13) Nov '13 inbred Genius 1
News Immigration Rally Goes Forward on Mall (Oct '13) Oct '13 bob 23
More from around the web