ALCU Counsel and Gay Rights Champion Found Dead In DC Park - Lez Get Real

Aug 30, 2009 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

Washington DC police sources are telling Lez Get Real, that a body found Friday in a wooded section of Rock Creek Park is that of ACLU State Legislative Counsel Larry Frankel. Rock Creek Park is located in Northwest DC. Police say that a jogger running along a path in the park just south of Beach Drive and north of Massachusetts Ave NW, about 11 a.m. Friday saw something floating in the water that later turned out to be Frankels body. US Park Police initially responded to the joggers 911 call and were later joined on the scene by investigators from the homicide division of the DC Metro Police.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Aug 31, 2009

Since: Jul 09

Sonora, CA

#1 Aug 30, 2009
I see the Christians and NOM are still hard at work trying to stop the gays.....

well gays are gonna start fighting back...so we hope your bibles are bullet proof.

“Just another new age hippie.”

Fremont, CA

#2 Aug 30, 2009
If this was a specific target because of who he was and what he represented/fought for/supported, then the only thing I can say is to repeat "Ambassador Kosh" from the television series, "Babylon 5":

And so it begins.
Sheldon

Sandy Spring, MD

#3 Aug 30, 2009
"Washington DC police sources are telling Lez Get Real"

Seriously?
Paula Brooks

Mason, OH

#4 Aug 30, 2009
Sheldon wrote:
"Washington DC police sources are telling Lez Get Real"
Seriously?
Ah but you must keep in mind... that Lez Get Reals day job is with a cable news source... and has been known to abuse that particular press credential from time to time for a story for the blog

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Fairport, NY

#5 Aug 30, 2009
I haven't seen this from a major news outlet yet after an initial google, and don't plan on clicking through to the joke source cited here.

Sonora, CA

#6 Aug 30, 2009
writewingproxycontin wrote:
I haven't seen this from a major news outlet yet after an initial google, and don't plan on clicking through to the joke source cited here.
there are a thousand stories about it when I google it, however..all the pages say is that he died, and it is unknown as to how or why.

Sonora, CA

#7 Aug 30, 2009
It was murder...
And I think their prime suspect should be Mary gallagher of NOM.

she is the devil incarnate.

If I ever see her...she will finally know if there really is a GOD.

Fairport, NY

#8 Aug 30, 2009
Please supply the url of a major news outlet with the story. All I get so far is blogs.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#9 Aug 30, 2009
I can't find any major or minor news outlets carrying this story. So it seems completely reasonable that LGR called for more information, and all they got was confirmation of what's in the blogosphere.

In the meantime, we know nothing about any foul play nor who might have committed such. It is not yet time for breathless condemnation of anti-gay or conservative activists.
A friend

Princeton, NJ

#11 Aug 30, 2009
writewingproxycontin wrote:
Please supply the url of a major news outlet with the story. All I get so far is blogs.
here is a source you can cite

http://aclupa.org/

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14 Aug 31, 2009
nhjeff wrote:
I can't find any major or minor news outlets carrying this story. So it seems completely reasonable that LGR called for more information, and all they got was confirmation of what's in the blogosphere.
In the meantime, we know nothing about any foul play nor who might have committed such. It is not yet time for breathless condemnation of anti-gay or conservative activists.
I found this report from the Philadelphia Daily News:
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/2009083...

According to their sources, the preliminary results don't indicate foul play, but death due to natural causes while out jogging...
Spider

Alpharetta, GA

#15 Aug 31, 2009
Paula Brooks wrote:
<quoted text>Ah but you must keep in mind... that Lez Get Reals day job is with a cable news source... and has been known to abuse that particular press credential from time to time for a story for the blog
Paula, I appreciate the scoop. Gay News Rules!

The straights have a disadvantage because they can't see news stories from the gay point of view.

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

#16 Aug 31, 2009
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
I found this report from the Philadelphia Daily News:
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/2009083...
According to their sources, the preliminary results don't indicate foul play, but death due to natural causes while out jogging...
Guess this is a case of much adue about nothing
Spazmatic1

Boston, MA

#18 Aug 31, 2009
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chief, PLEASE get a dictionary. Those red squiggly lines you see as you type are there to tell you when you've gone astray.

Fairport, NY

#19 Aug 31, 2009
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut yer christer hole, bigot. Lern how to spel. Praiz!

Sonora, CA

#20 Aug 31, 2009
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
I thought only lesbians died face down in Veronica Lake.
well YOU are a lesbian...too bad it wasn't YOU...

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#21 Aug 31, 2009
What the heck does "Praiz!" mean ?!
conservative

Commerce, GA

#22 Aug 31, 2009
deeter1013 wrote:
I see the Christians and NOM are still hard at work trying to stop the gays.....
well gays are gonna start fighting back...so we hope your bibles are bullet proof.
Bring it. Lets see what you've got. Just don't start crying foul when you go down in flames (no pun intended)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rock Creek Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The endangered animals among us: meet the Delma... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Kerry Condor 2
Secret hearings in case of Chandra Levy slaying (Jan '13) Jan '13 Magadala 3
Illegal immigrant convicted of murdering intern... (Nov '10) Nov '10 AmberDru 1
Guilty Verdict in Chandra Levy Murder Trial (Nov '10) Nov '10 TEA 1
Prosecutors: Police erred in Chandra Levy case (Oct '10) Oct '10 HeadCheese 5
Some Levy trial jurors eliminated (Oct '10) Oct '10 USA 1st 1
A Lesson for Obama in D.C. Mayor's Election Loss (Sep '10) Sep '10 ohReally__________ 5
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Rock Creek Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••