A dedication to King, and the work ye...

A dedication to King, and the work yet to do

There are 5 comments on the www.mercurynews.com story from Oct 16, 2011, titled A dedication to King, and the work yet to do. In it, www.mercurynews.com reports that:

They came from across the country, some arriving before dawn, carrying folding chairs, cameras and a strong, proud sense of history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mercurynews.com.

BandMaster

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Oct 17, 2011
Somebody has to fix that statue. He looks clinically obese. It doesn't even look like him.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#2 Oct 17, 2011
mlk stood for something important...
obama stands for... photo ops.

FTR

“Community Liar-in-Chief”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 17, 2011
"We should never adjust to 1 percent of the people controlling 40 percent of the wealth," said Bernice King, King's daughter. "I hear my father say,'We must have a radical revolution of values and reordering of priorities of this nation.' "
The audience, which was overwhelmingly black, cheered its approval.

Maybe a radical revolution of values and reordering of priorities of the black community is more in order. They have to stop with the "give me what I'm owed" attitude and the "we're ethnically special so treat us differently" mentality before things can get better. I wonder just how wealthy the King kids have become by exploiting their father's death? They may very well be included in the 1% they are complaining about.
BandMaster

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 Oct 17, 2011
That has to be the worst statue I've ever seen. MLK looks like he weighed 300 lbs,
And the face hardley resembles the MLK I remember.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#5 Oct 17, 2011
FTR wrote:
"We should never adjust to 1 percent of the people controlling 40 percent of the wealth," said Bernice King, King's daughter. "I hear my father say,'We must have a radical revolution of values and reordering of priorities of this nation.' "
The audience, which was overwhelmingly black, cheered its approval.
Maybe a radical revolution of values and reordering of priorities of the black community is more in order. They have to stop with the "give me what I'm owed" attitude and the "we're ethnically special so treat us differently" mentality before things can get better. I wonder just how wealthy the King kids have become by exploiting their father's death? They may very well be included in the 1% they are complaining about.
I'm trying to figure out the work to be done comment.

Keep the past alive so Al and Jesse will have a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

National Mall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 15 Powerful Images From The March For Black Women Oct 2 coretta 1
News Smithsonian's black history museum popular dest... Sep 23 Porch Honkey 1
News Pro-Trump rally draws hundreds, not thousands t... Sep 21 spocko 87
News How Black Lives Matter got Trump supporters to ... Sep 21 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News Pro-Trump rally draws hundreds, not thousands t... Sep '17 bblight 2
News Fireworks pollute the atmosphere and disturb birds Jul '17 CabotRes 2
News Gays for Trump leader organizing 'Free Speech' ... Jul '17 Trump Meltdown 1
More from around the web