Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Aug 18, 2009
nic

Las Vegas, NV

#1 May 7, 2009
Be very careful when renting a boat from Las Vegas Boat Harbor...we were just there and rented a boat for two hours and when we go back they said that we hit something and damaged the propeller. This was not the case at all. In fact we were never close to land at all do to the fact that we did not know the waters. We would have felt it or heard something if we hit something. In the end they charged us 75 bucks. The funny thing was the guy that came over to tell we damaged the propeller told us we damaged it before he even looked at it????
Rip off central. I wouldn't have minded paying the charge if we did in deed do the damage as I am an honest person.
My guess is that they pull this same scam all day long.

“No Faith Distracting Me”

Since: Oct 08

Whittier

#2 Jul 22, 2009
Good points. However for piece of mind....I always purchase the extra insurance. It is a mere cost for the piece of mind. Even if you hit something and put a hole in the side of the boat, you are covered.
Tracyznash

Fort Campbell, TN

#3 Jul 26, 2009
SADISTIC1 wrote:
Good points. However for piece of mind....I always purchase the extra insurance. It is a mere cost for the piece of mind. Even if you hit something and put a hole in the side of the boat, you are covered.
Oh, I see, so if you do get ripped off, you are only out the cost of insurance. "It is a mere cost for the piece of mind." I bet you are the scum ripping people off and your piece of mind is suggesting they get insurance so it doesn't cost as much. People like you ain't getting nothing from me or Santa except coal in their stocking! Go see your Mother, maybe she can set you straight!

Whittier

#4 Jul 27, 2009
I don't even own a boat. I feel that if you buy the insurance for a fraction of the whole repair would be if you crashed, it is a little bit smarter than running aground and damaging the propeller.

Being ripped off was their fault. They should have checked the equipment before leaving the marina. If the marina checked it and it was bad...well, they got away with it.

Uninsured motorists are out there and I bet you have car insurance. Why would you want to drive a rental boat without it too. Do you buy the insurance on the rental cars you rent? Only people I know that would not buy it are wealthy people who don't care about the cost of repairs.
Tracyznash

Franklin, TN

#5 Aug 17, 2009
You don't even own a boat? You don't have a horse in this race then. Insurance at rental locations are usually rip offs. You should always have your own insurance to back you up with these crooks. With your own liability and collision insurance, you get a better rate, and much better coverage in case something terrible happens. You can call your homeowners insurance and get a rider for your rental. Everyone should do this. Mr. Sadistic, you should of course get the extra insurance, because you don't know how to drive a boat! You are assuming you will crash it, before you even leave the marina. My advice to you, don't buy the extra insurance and please don't rent a boat.

Whittier

#6 Aug 18, 2009
Don't have a place for a boat anymore. As a matter of fact my Dad and I used to launch at cabrillo beach and go out for sand bass and other inshore fish.

We always had insurance and vessel assist. I am a great boat operator. I didn't know about your homeowners insurance covering boat rentals too. Interesting. I was just up ay Mead on a houseboat BTW.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Mead National Recreation Area Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 motorcyclists injured on Northshore Road near... Apr '14 Raymond Cochran 1
Cliven Bundy checks the inside of his small hel... Apr '14 Feds r cattle rus... 1
Flash flood watches, warnings over much of sout... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Mike 1
Aspiring Actor From Chicago Drowns In Nevada (Jul '12) Jul '12 Joyce Lance 1
1 dead, 1 hurt in shooting on Lake Mohave shore (Oct '11) Oct '11 Ski 1
Lake Mead water level prompts closure of launch... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Vegas Pee 1
Henderson looks to clean up former magnesium mine (Nov '08) Nov '09 pinky105 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Lake Mead National Recreation Area People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••