Woman says son who died in desert was experienced outdoors

There are 5 comments on the Aug 18, 2009, Las Vegs Sun story titled Woman says son who died in desert was experienced outdoors. In it, Las Vegs Sun reports that:

A man who died of exposure in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area was in the desert for days before he perished.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Vegs Sun.

“Is this a vork?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 23, 2009
Being experienced just doesn't mean knowing where you are! You should always have plenty of water, gatorade, a blanket, snacks, medication, etc. When I leave the house even just to the supermarket here, I have a bottle of water and a frozen bottle of water. You never know if you are going to break down or might need to give someone who is broke down some water! When my husband and I leave on day trips, we always have all of the above because you never know if you will get stranded! Always be prepared, that is experience at it's best!

“hey U.S.A follow arizona”

Since: Aug 07

ARIZONA

#2 Aug 24, 2009
very true, when we go out, we have at least a couple bottles of water. people move here and think this is like "back home". i am sure this guy was experianced in some sort of hiking, however it looks like he was un prepared for this trip out in the desert. there are bugs, snakes, scorpions out here, and they can kill ya. so folks this is not back home, be carefull hiking in the desert

ARIZONA

#3 Aug 29, 2009
carlyg wrote:
Being experienced just doesn't mean knowing where you are! You should always have plenty of water, gatorade, a blanket, snacks, medication, etc. When I leave the house even just to the supermarket here, I have a bottle of water and a frozen bottle of water. You never know if you are going to break down or might need to give someone who is broke down some water! When my husband and I leave on day trips, we always have all of the above because you never know if you will get stranded! Always be prepared, that is experience at it's best!
not part of this topic, but did you guys go to the regatta? i went down there but didnt stay

“Is this a vork?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 29, 2009
I live on the River so I watched it from my dock. I will be posting pictures later tonight!

ARIZONA

#5 Aug 29, 2009
carlyg wrote:
I live on the River so I watched it from my dock. I will be posting pictures later tonight!
cool did you get my e mail address? drop me a line there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Mead National Recreation Area Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 motorcyclists injured on Northshore Road near... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Raymond Cochran 1
News Cliven Bundy checks the inside of his small hel... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Feds r cattle rus... 1
News Flash flood watches, warnings over much of sout... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Mike 1
News Aspiring Actor From Chicago Drowns In Nevada (Jul '12) Jul '12 Joyce Lance 1
News 1 dead, 1 hurt in shooting on Lake Mohave shore (Oct '11) Oct '11 Ski 1
News Lake Mead water level prompts closure of launch... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Vegas Pee 1
News Henderson looks to clean up former magnesium mine (Nov '08) Nov '09 pinky105 2
More from around the web