Wyoming gambit to force swap with US could put prime Grand Teton Park land on auction block

Jul 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lethbridge Herald

Majestic views of the Teton Range. Prime location for luxury resort, home development.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 4, 2010
 
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

There are too many other open places in Wyoming where building would be appreciated and wouldn't destroy the beautiful area around the Tetons!
clone benson

Bryan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

this is getting to be the same old story, taking over all are parks, so the rich , can have a view,but we the poor cant even own a piece of land, with out jobs, go figure
Tedsliver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 4, 2010
 
Been there, this is a good deal no matter what the nimbys say.

“More taxes ???”

Since: Jan 09

Need MORE taxes ???

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 4, 2010
 
have they given the land to mexico yet in Arizona ???

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 5, 2010
 
Tedsliver wrote:
Been there, this is a good deal no matter what the nimbys say.
Yeah, for the developers and those rich enough to afford a Teton-view home.
Tedsliver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, for the developers and those rich enough to afford a Teton-view home.
. Developers bring in jobs idiot. Back to your trailer.

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 5, 2010
 
Tedsliver wrote:
<quoted text>. Developers bring in jobs idiot. Back to your trailer.
And there are plenty of mountainous areas that could be developed without ruining the Teton area. And btw, developers also had a big hand in the housing "bubble" and crash. They're not seriously thinking about helping you out when they start developing properties...and they'll hire illegals instead of citizens when they can get by with it. We've already experienced that in Florida.
Earonrail

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 6, 2010
 
What the rich want, the rich get. Government officals have a long history of bowing to the almighty dollar.
nattytrip

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 6, 2010
 
Slowly land is being taken and sold for profit. Just look at Utah. If this land is sold what is to say that in 20 years more prime land will be bought closer to the Tetons. Next thing you know skyscrapers are put up to get the best views and a growing number of commercial property will mean more people and more people mean more water use more supplies will be needed to supply a growing population. If anything the park could buy and use some of the property to provide for visitor use area to help relieve some of the strain to the congested areas from Teton village to Yellowstone. Anyone who has visited either park in the summer can attest to this.

“More taxes ???”

Since: Jan 09

Need MORE taxes ???

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

nattytrip wrote:
Slowly land is being taken and sold for profit. Just look at Utah. If this land is sold what is to say that in 20 years more prime land will be bought closer to the Tetons. Next thing you know skyscrapers are put up to get the best views and a growing number of commercial property will mean more people and more people mean more water use more supplies will be needed to supply a growing population. If anything the park could buy and use some of the property to provide for visitor use area to help relieve some of the strain to the congested areas from Teton village to Yellowstone. Anyone who has visited either park in the summer can attest to this.
So what are you suggesting ??? more abortions ???
nattytrip

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

disenchanted taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you suggesting ??? more abortions ???
more abortions are ok by me. Pro choice all the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••