2 More Glaciers Gone From Glacier National Park

Apr 8, 2010 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.nytimes.com

Glacier National Park has lost two more of its namesake moving icefields to climate change , which is shrinking the rivers of ice until they grind to a halt, a government researcher said Wednesday.

Comments
41 - 54 of 54 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#41 Apr 9, 2010
Jim Shorts wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it man made or natural?
It is an unnatural artifact of the industrial revolution causing a great increase in the human population.

“SEMPER FI”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#42 Apr 9, 2010
What ever happened to the glaciers that formed the Great Lakes? Global warming perhaps?
Say the Truth

West Chester, PA

#43 Apr 9, 2010
justme wrote:
simply put......"Mother Earth wants us ALL to leave."
After you; we'll be right behind you.
Say the Truth

West Chester, PA

#44 Apr 9, 2010
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
When does Obama's spending start?
Up to now, he has just been investing to end GW Bush's great Recession.
I suppose 'Obama's spending' will begin with the new health finance law. It will be accompanied buy lowered costs. GOOD.
"Investing?" You mean paying back unions for putting him in office.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#45 Apr 9, 2010
Azjaeger wrote:
<quoted text>Nice. And where do you suggest we get our lumber from, Natty Bumppo? The whole point of civilization and human progress is that we DON'T have to crawl thru the woods wrapped in a fur hunting rabbits with a rock so we don't starve to death. I could slap you Luddites. Don't you realize that most of humanity throughout history was always worried about starving to death and staying warm? And people like you, now that we mostly have comfort, instead try to fill your need for some sort of religion with this primitive tree worship.
It's called CONSERVATION. Instead of clear-cutting all the old growth forests, we harvest only what we plant. There are alternatives to using trees; cork & bamboo for flooring, steel & engineered products for structural support, even straw bales make better walls than using tradtional lumber construction.
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

#46 Apr 9, 2010
Flamethrower wrote:
.... these moronic scientists are acting like were all going to die tomorrow of global warming.
Um, nope. Looked at about a dozen climate articles, all including some quip by a scientist or two. Not one single mention of human beings dying tomorrow, April 10, 2010. I'm afraid you'll have to quote your source, retract your statement or seek help for your paranoic tendencies.
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

#47 Apr 9, 2010
sailor310 wrote:
So if you believe that the climate is changing and that man isn't causing it, then why all the hubbub?
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you'll have to talk to the hubbub, people. Trying to find reason in the minds of the mentally disturbed or deficient seems like quite a futile endeavor. But hey, you're welcome to see if you can make heads or tails of it if you wish.
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

#48 Apr 9, 2010
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Confirm my sources? Why? It turns out Al Gore's sources used phoney/manipulated data. I could make-up sources out thin air that are more credible than Gore's.
I could tell you to type "annual artic ice melt" in any search engine and discover sources for yourself. However, that would be liberal-like (actually, making up data is more liberal-like), and I'm not that type of guy :)
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-04-06/a...
So Gore feeds me crap, you feed me crap and you want me to decide which of you to follow? I wouldn't hold my breath sir. You're both so far out in left field that there ain't no way I'm wasting the time to run out there to tell you so.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#49 Apr 9, 2010
mayo420 wrote:
<quoted text>
So Gore feeds me crap, you feed me crap and you want me to decide which of you to follow? I wouldn't hold my breath sir. You're both so far out in left field that there ain't no way I'm wasting the time to run out there to tell you so.
Where did I ever ask you to follow me? In fact, where did I ever even ask you to believe me? I really couldn't care less what you believe. You sir, are the one way out in left field.

“Bounce Barry in 12, Dems in 10”

Since: Mar 08

AZ, Sonoran Desert

#50 Apr 9, 2010
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
When does Obama's spending start?
Up to now, he has just been investing to end GW Bush's great Recession.
I suppose 'Obama's spending' will begin with the new health finance law. It will be accompanied buy lowered costs. GOOD.
Only liberals can believe that you can save money by spending more of it. Well, liberals and my wife.:)

AZ, Sonoran Desert

#51 Apr 9, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called CONSERVATION. Instead of clear-cutting all the old growth forests, we harvest only what we plant. There are alternatives to using trees; cork & bamboo for flooring, steel & engineered products for structural support, even straw bales make better walls than using tradtional lumber construction.
I think if you did a little research rather than fly into a greenie panic, you'd find that most companies plant trees so they can harvest them later. Why would they just cut them all down and leave? They'd have to go out of business that way. I think if you did a little research you'd find that there are actually more trees in North America now than there were before the Pilgrims landed. And you just go ahead and build your house out of straw bales. Just watch out for the big bad wolf. Or the greenies who have decided that we must save the straw! Gaia told them that!:)

AZ, Sonoran Desert

#52 Apr 9, 2010
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an unnatural artifact of the industrial revolution causing a great increase in the human population.
Well, at least you're a HONEST "progressive". You'd be happier if you could just wipe out a bunch of people- there's too many of them. Kind of like those great "progressives" of the past, Stalin, Hitler & Mao.
Say the Truth

Caldwell, NJ

#53 Apr 9, 2010
Azjaeger wrote:
<quoted text>Only liberals can believe that you can save money by spending more of it. Well, liberals and my wife.:)
It must be wonderful to be a child forever...
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

#54 Apr 10, 2010
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I ever ask you to follow me? In fact, where did I ever even ask you to believe me? I really couldn't care less what you believe. You sir, are the one way out in left field.
It's warmer out here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glacier National Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mossy Stumps (Photo Diary): Street Prophets Sat... Jun '14 Glacier Nut 1
Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine (Dec '13) Dec '13 Storm Warning 1
The Patriotic Mint Showcases New Collection of ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 cold black coffee 1
Environmental law waiver faces northern skeptics (Nov '11) Nov '11 magadala 1
Environmental law waiver faces northern skeptics (Nov '11) Nov '11 R U Afraid 1
Teaching of Global Warming Prompts Conservative... (May '11) May '11 Earthling-1 2
Heat rash (Mar '11) Mar '11 Earthling-1 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Glacier National Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••