2 More Glaciers Gone From Glacier Nat...

2 More Glaciers Gone From Glacier National Park

There are 54 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from Apr 8, 2010, titled 2 More Glaciers Gone From Glacier National Park. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

Glacier National Park has lost two more of its namesake moving icefields to climate change , which is shrinking the rivers of ice until they grind to a halt, a government researcher said Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#1 Apr 8, 2010
Warmer temperatures? If temperatures are warmer, then why is the annual artic ice melt starting later than ever?

Another thing the global warming alarmists don't tell you is that artic sea ice (thickness and coverage) has rebounded from the so-called thaw.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#2 Apr 8, 2010
dragoon70056 wrote:
Warmer temperatures? If temperatures are warmer, then why is the annual artic ice melt starting later than ever?
Another thing the global warming alarmists don't tell you is that artic sea ice (thickness and coverage) has rebounded from the so-called thaw.
It's a plot to fool you into believing in Global Warming.

Everyone who goes to Glacier National Park is in on it.

They are also altering all the photographs taken of both polar regions,to make you belive the ice caps are skhrinking.

They are secretly using submarines to drown the polar bears.

They have driven the penguins closer to the poles to make you think that their traditional breeding grounds are too warm.

It is all a plot to fol people like you who know that "Global Warming" is something that Al Gore made up.
Keep believing everything is fine.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Apr 8, 2010
Guess they'll have to change the name to Barren Rock National Park.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#4 Apr 8, 2010
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a plot to fool you into believing in Global Warming.
Everyone who goes to Glacier National Park is in on it.
They are also altering all the photographs taken of both polar regions,to make you belive the ice caps are skhrinking.
They are secretly using submarines to drown the polar bears.
They have driven the penguins closer to the poles to make you think that their traditional breeding grounds are too warm.
It is all a plot to fol people like you who know that "Global Warming" is something that Al Gore made up.
Keep believing everything is fine.
Even though you are being your usual condescending, sarcasitc self, you are not that far off from the truth.
Algae

Cos Cob, CT

#5 Apr 8, 2010
More slanted, biased crap from 'Mr Bill'.
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Apr 8, 2010
The park's glaciers have been slowly melting since about 1850, when the centuries-long Little Ice Age ended. They once numbered as many as 150, and 37 of those glaciers eventually were named.

Climate changes and always has, nothing you can do about it.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#7 Apr 8, 2010
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though you are being your usual condescending, sarcasitc self, you are not that far off from the truth.
No, no, its all true!

It's a big plot!

They are even going around and recalibrating everyone's thermometers!

Obama will make the country go to Celsius, and we won't REALLY know what the HELL the temperature is.

We'll have to believe the global plotters. And they'll have all the Fahrenheit Thermometers.

BEWARE !!!!

WHOOOOOO !

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#8 Apr 8, 2010
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, its all true!
It's a big plot!
They are even going around and recalibrating everyone's thermometers!
Obama will make the country go to Celsius, and we won't REALLY know what the HELL the temperature is.
We'll have to believe the global plotters. And they'll have all the Fahrenheit Thermometers.
BEWARE !!!!
WHOOOOOO !
I don't think going to Celsius or recalibrating everyone's thermometers will be necessary. Plenty of fools believe the scam without doing all of that. And Al Gore thanks them for lining his pockets :)
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Apr 8, 2010
90% of the global warming we are going to receive is already inthe pipeline and you can't stop it, the warming nuts are fighting over the remaining 10% and they don't even know how much they can impact that if their job killing changespass.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#10 Apr 8, 2010
Robert wrote:
90% of the global warming we are going to receive is already inthe pipeline and you can't stop it, the warming nuts are fighting over the remaining 10% and they don't even know how much they can impact that if their job killing changespass.
What about the children?

“Proud to be an American”

Since: Oct 09

Clarksville TN

#11 Apr 8, 2010
Algae wrote:
More slanted, biased crap from 'Mr Bill'.
Until it is too late.
Say the Truth

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Apr 8, 2010
What happened to the 2 mile-thick ice that covered half of NA and Eurasia until 10,000 years ago? Did Fred Flinstone really have a hemi in his Rockmobile?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#13 Apr 8, 2010
Robert wrote:
The park's glaciers have been slowly melting since about 1850, when the centuries-long Little Ice Age ended. They once numbered as many as 150, and 37 of those glaciers eventually were named.
Climate changes and always has, nothing you can do about it.
True, but we don't have to make it worse by industry & autos pumping trillions of tons of pollution into the atmosphere while we simultaneously cut down more & more forests.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#14 Apr 8, 2010
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the children?
They don't need air to breath or water to drink or food to eat. But at least they'll have jobs logging forests and working in coal mines. In fact, I believe they're at least 25 new job openings in a certain West Virginia coal mine........
Al Bore

United States

#15 Apr 8, 2010
That's it! Put out an APB on MANBEARPIG ASAP! This has got to stop NOW!

I'm serial!
Al Bore

United States

#16 Apr 8, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but we don't have to make it worse by industry & autos pumping trillions of tons of pollution into the atmosphere while we simultaneously cut down more & more forests.
Let's go chain ouselves to trees!
Say the Truth

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Apr 8, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but we don't have to make it worse by industry & autos pumping trillions of tons of pollution into the atmosphere while we simultaneously cut down more & more forests.
Drive a car? Grow your own food (veggies only, right?) Use electricity?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Apr 8, 2010
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Drive a car? Grow your own food (veggies only, right?) Use electricity?
Ride a bike, have a garden for veggies, fruit trees, chickens for eggs/meat, goats for milk/meat, wind & solar for electricity, well for water, septic for sewer.

Any other questions?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Apr 8, 2010
Al Bore wrote:
<quoted text>Let's go chain ouselves to trees!
No, the chains rub the bark off the trees and damage them. A 10" spike driven into a tree every so often is WAY more effective- and less damaging to the tree. The chainsaw operators don't know which trees have been spiked and which haven't, so the end up leaving them all.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Apr 8, 2010
Only the liberal glaciers are melting. It's all a commie plot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glacier National Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Players have shot at $415 million Mega Millions... Jul 7 Nozy 4
News Cuban dissidents feel sidelined as US focuses o... (Jul '15) Jul '15 L I G E R 11
News Fact Sheet: Celebrating Earth Day with New Step... (Apr '15) Apr '15 seen any of these 1
News Blackfeet launch campaign to cancel energy leases (Apr '15) Apr '15 seen any of these 1
News Canada's deadliest avalanche remembered 105 yea... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Tim 1
News Whitefish is Montana's winter vacation destination (Mar '15) Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Harry Reid Internet Sales Tax Illustration by G... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Cat74 1
More from around the web