Take your kids on a magical history tour

Take your kids on a magical history tour

There are 1 comment on the FOX 4 Now - WFTX Home story from Sep 4, 2010, titled Take your kids on a magical history tour. In it, FOX 4 Now - WFTX Home reports that:

Tell the kids you're taking them to Disney, and you're bound to get applause. Tell them you're taking them to the Alamo, or some other historic destination, and you might very well get some eye rolling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FOX 4 Now - WFTX Home.

Nobiah

Edwards, CO

#1 Sep 6, 2010
I think your readers will enjoy this site. Check out MEET ME AT THE CORNER (www.meetmeatthecorner) and the interview with the Park Ranger at Balboa Park in San Diego, California.
Children learn about the history of Balboa Park, the Pan America Exhibition and the work of a park ranger. Take a look at the upcoming shows for fall including a visit with author Kathleen Krull, an episode about the history of the banjo and just in time for Veteran's Day, an interview with a World War II Veteran
Along with the original content created by the professional staff, MEET ME AT THE CORNER is open to kid- produced content.The current video was submitted by 11 year old Sam. He interviews an animal behaviorist at the Denver Zoo. It is obvious that the episode was written and filmed by Sam but the MMATC staff did a great job of editing and adding photos and links to take the episode to a new level
MEET ME AT THE CORNER, Virtual Field Trips for Kids ( www.meetmeatthecorner.org ) is a series of educational video podcasts for kids ages 6-12. New episodes are uploaded every two weeks, with a Learning Corner of questions and extended activities, a list of recommended books and links to fun websites about each topic.
This is a great website for kids, parents, teachers and homeschool families.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gettysburg National Military Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gettysburg Bookstore Pulls Confederate Flag Mer... Jul '15 Boom 4
News How well do you know the Gettysburg Address? (Nov '14) Nov '14 Hate gettysburg 3
News Gettysburg plans battlefield fire Oct. 30 (Oct '14) Oct '14 Daisy 1
News Police: Man arrested after 5-hour Gettysburg ba... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Skip 13
News Man charged for assault, fire at Gettysburg Nat... (Aug '14) Aug '14 St David 1
News Ku Klux Klan to rally on Gettysburg, Pa., battl... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Snitch 2
News Seller cancels auction of soldier's skull found... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Pink Eye 4
More from around the web