Summer success noted for Colonial Bea...

Summer success noted for Colonial Beach Boy Scouts

There are 1 comment on the fredericksburg.com story from Aug 23, 2009, titled Summer success noted for Colonial Beach Boy Scouts. In it, fredericksburg.com reports that:

Boy Scout Troop 258 of Colonial Beach has been busy this summer.

[Pictured L2R: SPL & Life Scout Dylan, 1st Class Scout Joseph, and 1st Class Scout JW]

The Scouts spent July 4 weekend camping at Gettysburg National Military Park in Pennsylvania, where they hiked and toured the area.

During a weeklong camp-out July 12-18 at Camp T. Brady Saunders in Maidens, the troop won the Clean Camp and Spirit awards. Troop members earned 17 merit badges during the week.

Earlier this month, the Colonial Beach Masonic Lodge hosted a dinner for Troop and Venture Crew 258's newest Eagle Scout, Brendan Turner.

For the past three years, the Masons have honored new Eagle Scouts from Troop 258, sponsored by Colonial Beach Baptist Church, and Troop 255, sponsored by St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Oak Grove.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at fredericksburg.com.

Since: Jun 09

Tappahannock, VA

#1 Aug 25, 2009
Outstanding work with the young scouts! You put in long hours with the children and I salute you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gettysburg National Military Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Park Service to burn parts of Gettysburga (Sep '16) Mar 23 Glass of Port 6
News Park Service plans fire on Gettysburg battlefield (Sep '15) Oct '16 Pink Eye 4
News Gettysburg Bookstore Pulls Confederate Flag Mer... (Jun '15) Oct '16 Papa Boner 5
News Gettysburg to become 'sister' to Japanese city (Aug '16) Aug '16 Sekigahara Stinks 1
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... (May '16) Jun '16 Raptor 378
News In Gettysburg, Pa., Richard Gere gets history a... (Jan '16) Feb '16 Resident 3
News Man sentenced for starting a fire in Gettysburg (Nov '15) Jan '16 Flaming Freddie 2
More from around the web