Summer success noted for Colonial Beach Boy Scouts

Aug 23, 2009 Full story: fredericksburg.com

Boy Scout Troop 258 of Colonial Beach has been busy this summer.

[Pictured L2R: SPL & Life Scout Dylan, 1st Class Scout Joseph, and 1st Class Scout JW]

The Scouts spent July 4 weekend camping at Gettysburg National Military Park in Pennsylvania, where they hiked and toured the area.

During a weeklong camp-out July 12-18 at Camp T. Brady Saunders in Maidens, the troop won the Clean Camp and Spirit awards. Troop members earned 17 merit badges during the week.

Earlier this month, the Colonial Beach Masonic Lodge hosted a dinner for Troop and Venture Crew 258's newest Eagle Scout, Brendan Turner.

For the past three years, the Masons have honored new Eagle Scouts from Troop 258, sponsored by Colonial Beach Baptist Church, and Troop 255, sponsored by St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Oak Grove.

Full Story

Since: Jun 09

Tappahannock, VA

#1 Aug 25, 2009
Outstanding work with the young scouts! You put in long hours with the children and I salute you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gettysburg National Military Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Man arrested after 5-hour Gettysburg ba... Aug '14 Skip 13
Man charged for assault, fire at Gettysburg Nat... Aug '14 St David 1
Ku Klux Klan to rally on Gettysburg, Pa., battl... Jun '14 Snitch 2
Seller cancels auction of soldier's skull found... Jun '14 Pink Eye 4
The Dishonored Dead: Civil War Skull to Be Sold... Jun '14 Petal Power 3
Gettysburg Museum Collections Now Available Online May '14 James 1
Air Force Sergeants volunteer at Gettysburg May '14 Davenport 2
•••

Gettysburg National Military Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE