Park patrons should follow existing g...

Park patrons should follow existing gun laws

There are 3 comments on the Appeal Tribune story from Mar 2, 2010, titled Park patrons should follow existing gun laws. In it, Appeal Tribune reports that:

Some people believe you'll be taking your life in your hands if you head into most of America's national parks and monuments ... . That's because a new law takes effect ... that allows licensed gun owners to carry firearms into parks and monuments if state law allows it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Appeal Tribune.

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Mar 2, 2010
Who are these "Some people"? let them show themselves...IF they exist.

No one has any more to be concerned about now inside a national park than they do outside the gate.

Actually, everybody will be safer inside now.

Let this pendulum keep swinging in the right direction.

GPM

“DILLIGAF?”

Since: Aug 08

San Antonio, TX

#2 Mar 2, 2010
I'll wager that the author of that editorial still wets his bed.
Ron

Pearland, TX

#3 Mar 7, 2010
We (I) have been carrying concealed handguns in Texas State Parks for many years and no incidents have occurred that I am aware.

National Parks will experience the same safe & lawful carry that exist in State Parks.

But now the poor criminal who wanted free access to murder within our National Parks will be inconvenienced or possibly killed if such attempts are made among "carriers". The Federal Government have been 100% responsible for the many murders committed within National Parks because of the denial of personal rights to self-defense.

If we could talk to the many who have been murdered within our National Parks, I wounder how they would feel today about permitting legal concealed carry within National Parks. I really think they would give 100% approval to the new policy.

As for me, I think every life is very special and each law-abiding person should have the ability to preserve that life using what ever means necessary.

Even Jesus' Disciples exercised self-defensive measures by carrying swords. No, the swords were not for opening up a can of beans as cans did not exist at that time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado National Monument Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A view to city's past (Dec '13) Dec '13 carla _ 1
News 'Pocket-size Grand Canyon' in Colorado (Jan '11) Jan '11 Dismayed 2
News In Colorado town, voters tax pot before it arrives (Apr '10) Apr '10 jcpoolpool 1
News Sister of dog-dragging suspect also faces charges (Jan '10) Jan '10 hadenough 2
News Fruita woman charged with stealing animal that ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 mskrip 2
News Dog Dragger Sought (Jan '10) Jan '10 Judy 1
News Man Arrested In Western CO Dog Dragging (Jan '10) Jan '10 Interpid 2
More from around the web