Senate committee upholds driving rule...

Senate committee upholds driving rules for Hatteras

There are 3 comments on the News Observer story from Sep 11, 2008, titled Senate committee upholds driving rules for Hatteras. In it, News Observer reports that:

Hatteras Island beach drivers lost a fight today when a Senate committee rejected their efforts to open more miles of beaches to off-road vehicles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

OBXerInVA

Hampton, VA

#1 Sep 12, 2008
Unreal! This is so very dissappointing! Not surprising though.
sara

United States

#2 Sep 26, 2008
This is WRONG people. So very Wrong!!

The Senate committee needs to stop & hear the Voices of the People that live on the Island.

This is HURTING ALL the People & ALL of the Business!!

Is this what YOU want ???? I'm talking to YOU Senate people.Can You HEAR ME ????

I was raised in Buxton. The people are Outraged at what is going on!!

OH this Bird that the bird people say they are protecting....well it isn't even on the island!!

I pray someone will get this post to you somehow.

Sara
scott

United States

#3 Nov 3, 2008
ridiculous! a natural area where thousands of people each summer can enjoy memorable times with their families. memories that can last for generations. and here we are, a dictating government that won't allow access to protect birds. give me a break!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Hatteras National Seashore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.C. beach drivers unhappy about pedestrian upg... (Jul '13) Jul '13 WpNC 1
News Rebuilding of Rodanthe beach under study (Nov '12) Nov '12 Bradley S Payne 1
News BofA Said to Put Off Refinancing Clients (Feb '12) Feb '12 woodpigeon 9
News Commissioners Rebuke Calls For Banning Beach Ac... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Dirigible 1
News Driving Restrictions In Effect Along Outer Bank... (Jun '09) Jun '09 tom trumbower 2
Looking for restaurants with kids menus or kids... (May '09) May '09 Guest 1
News Feds: OBX birds, turtles up since ban (Apr '09) Apr '09 LVN OBX 2